Author Topic: besst battery for a Lowrance Elite7 TI for ice fishing, mine doesn't seem to wor  (Read 1715 times)

Offline nrscroller

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi,
I finally got my ice ducer for my elite 7, I bought a new agm 12v 9 amp battery at Fleet Farm a couple weeks ago for it and today it would only turn on the depthfinder and I got to the warning screen and I could not page past that. I had the battery tested and it was good but weak. I brought it home and put it on one of those sla wall charger with the clips on the end. It  says it is 500ma output. Is this an ok charger and is that battery too small to run a graph style depthfinder vs and flasher style.  I am a little confused on this whole deal. I really don't want to lug a deep cycle around with me. it does work on a 12v car battery because i tried it on my van to make sure graph was working and it fired right up. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Bill

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
You either have a bad charger or bad battery.  12 V 9 AH should be plenty to run your Lowrance. I would suspect the battery as it is the newest thing to be added to your system.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have a Hook 5 with. 7 ah battery, and I can run it all day with all the bells and whistles on, and still have juice leftover. I agree with either a bad battery, or a bad charger. Put a full charge on it, check the voltage, leave it out and check the voltage again the next day. If it drops below what the first reading was, the battery is bad and the only charge it’s getting is a “top charge.” If the voltage stays close to the original reading, then it’s possible it’s the charger.
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline TPBass

• IceShanty Rookie
Another IS rookie here but I had the same issue. Turned out to be a grounding issue while using the touch screen. When ducer is out of the water- no ground. Simply keep a finger on the NEG terminal and it works fine. When in the water, the situation is somewhat improved but I still ran a 6 inch wire from NEG terminal and just let it hang out near the screen so I can easily just touch it for better touch screen function

Offline USMC-VET

• IceShanty Rookie
I gave up on low life batteries, I now use a potable car jump starter.

I have ran my camera, helix, and led shanty lights if needed, a full 8hr day of fishing and the unit still shows 96% charge. It is also about half the size of the 12v wet cell, and  cold doesn’t bother the Lithium battery.

Bonus of many other uses, charge a phone, built in light, and can jump start a completely dead cat/truck battery. Best investment I made for $60.00

“GOOLOO SuperSafe Car Jump Starter, 800A Peak 18000mAh 12V Auto Battery Booster (Up to 7.0L Gas or 5.5L Diesel Engine) Portable Power Pack Phone Charger Built-in LED Light and Smart Protection.”

Offline xiaolu

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi,
I finally got my ice ducer for my elite 7, I bought a new agm 12v 9 amp battery at Fleet Farm a couple weeks ago for it and today it would only turn on the depthfinder and I got to the warning screen and I could not page past that. I had the battery tested and it was good but weak. I brought it home and put it on one of those sla wall charger with the clips on the end. It  says it is 500ma output. Is this an ok charger and is that battery too small to run a graph style depthfinder vs and flasher style.  I am a little confused on this whole deal. I really don't want to lug a deep cycle around with me. it does work on a 12v car battery because i tried it on my van to make sure graph was working and it fired right up. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Bill
500ma output is just a bit on the short side to power your Elite-7Ti, I believe.

I have and use same Elite-7Ti fishfinder, too, and it says requiring around 700ma.

I use a Milwaukee M18 18V 5ah or 9ah battery + a Milwaukee M18 Power Source (which is an adapter that clips onto the battery with ON/OFF switch) that converts the battery's 18V output to both 12V 1000ma and 5V (USB) 2100ma at the same time. With a Milwaukee 9.0ah battery, the converted 12V is powering my Elite-7Ti for a whole day from early in the morning to right before evening on ice (After a whole day's fishin' on ice I have never managed to exhaust one such 9.0ah battery yet:-), and the converted 5V (USB) at the same time is powering/charging my cellphone, or GoPro camera, or whatever that can be powered/charged via USB... And trust me, this Milwaukee battery + adapter combination is a lot lot lighter in weight and smaller in size than a standard Sealed Lead Acid battery "brick":-)

And the same Milwaukee M18 battery also powers my Milwaukee M18 drill + CLAM drill adapter plate + auger (I bring at least two such batteries with me, of course)

Mostly ice fishing Lake Simcoe in southern Ontario, Canada, for lake trout (lakers), lake whitefish (whities), and jumbo yellow perch:-)

Offline Breault720

• IceShanty Rookie
Sorry to resurrect this tread, but I’m curious, can you show the cord coming out of the battery adapter? And where did you get it? I’m in the Dewalt line of tools, but would like to do the same as you did, power both my drill auger and my fish finder using the same batteries.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
There are several that do the job.

Here is a set with no lead that would otherwise require a splice.

https://www.amazon.com/Ksmile%C2%AE-2-1x5-5mm-Adapter-Connector-Camera/dp/B015OCV5XY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.