New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Striker hardwater suits  (Read 3203 times)

Offline mdm25549

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Striker hardwater suits
« Reply #30 on: Jan 16, 2019, 11:58 PM »
I do agree on the climate set up I got it on a ridiculous deal from ganders website before the store was up and have been out in the last week in days that didn’t get above 5 degrees and never even considered putting up the shanty. Plus I wear the coat liner as my actual coat to and from work and out and about. It’s a great set up

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2019, 04:28 AM »
I love the climate jacket, however the bibs are made from the same 320 D material as the predators  which for me is just not tough enough.   I ordered the Hardwater bibs and they sent me the climates.  When  I  saw that I figured I would just take out the liner because I do not like heavily insulated bibs, however when I felt the shell material I sent them back.   Just my preference.

Offline Dsportman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2019, 06:06 AM »
Why the predator bibs over the climate bibs? I personally have the full climate setup and wouldn’t trade it for anything. ANYTHING!!! I didn’t know if I was missing something on the predator bibs. So my vote would be climate setup. I take the soft shell out of the jacket and use it for around town. I don’t need it for ice since i use a shanty and like previous peeps have noted, take off the jacket once I’m setup anyways. I don’t I know why but I wear the jacket to and from my spots no matter what. Good habit for purely safety reasons I suppose. Check eBay. I got my whole setup there for very reasonable. Even though our lives are worth all our money. Back to my pbr. Cheers 🍻

I chose the predator bibs over the climate because they didn’t have a liner. Not quite as heavy

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 17, 2019, 08:04 AM »
I tried on a large Predator jacket and it felt a little tight.  Most people say that the Striker Ice jackets run a little small, so it was consistent with what I found.  When I ordered the Hardwater, I opted for an XL.  It seems WAY bigger than the large Predator.  Are the sizes different for different models?

Offline tarmstrong24

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't see that from your couch!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 17, 2019, 08:22 AM »
The point of the climate is they’re adaptable. Simply take out the liner. They zip in and out. I like the liner in the bibs Bc I just wear boxers and a pair of wind or sweat pants underneath. No thermals

Offline FishnChef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 17, 2019, 08:27 AM »
I went with The Predator as it is still quite warm, sometimes too warm, and I found the warmer options to be way too bulky but again I very rarely bucket  sit. I'm 5 foot 7 170 lb 32in waist and found the best fit with the small Bib and medium coat

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 2019, 08:58 AM »
First off, you're making a great choice by going with Striker products.....best quality suit over AA or anything else.  I now wear the hard water suit....awesome!  Can not ever see going to anything else...no reason.  Solid construction, warm and comfortable...plus breathable. It's not too bulky.  You're ice fishing, be warm.  I'm 6'6" and have problems finding long enough pants...2xl are almost too long (which never happens in most suits) but the adjustability with cuff system in these is perfect. Great snaps and zippers. Plenty of pockets. But again, warm and durable. Light and comfortable. Great product, I'm so happy with this product and psyched I decided to buy them 2 years ago...still feel brand new. 
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline Dsportman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 20, 2019, 10:11 AM »
Just found out the hard way they don’t like touching a hot atv muffler. Lol

Offline hard4ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 20, 2019, 12:07 PM »
Just found out the hard way they don’t like touching a hot atv muffler. Lol
nothing ever does😂😂😂
When hell freezes over, i'll be ice fishing there too!!

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 20, 2019, 03:02 PM »
I love mine
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.