Author Topic: Worster Lake at Potato Creek SP  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Flatcoat1

• IceShanty Rookie
Worster Lake at Potato Creek SP
« on: Jan 15, 2019, 09:46 PM »
A little windy on Sunday when I drove over the dam of the lake around 5:00pm. When I went back across closer to 6pm the water was DEAD calm. Neat thing to see was the little islands of ice spreading across the lake so quickly. When I left Sunday night the air temp was 9F at 11:00pm EST.

If you go, be careful of the ice around the Boat Rental cove and between both large areas of the lake. It was already covered in ice but had some snow on it. Boat Rental bay has several springs in it that make the ice scary. Also, if you go out at Nature Center watch for springs there too. Found several last year close to shore and also a couple out in the bay there.

Finally, if you are there early enough, keep an eye out for the bobcats. I have seen one this winter already.

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Worster Lake at Potato Creek SP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2019, 08:07 AM »
Awesome report.   Thank you for the update flatcoat1.   

Also neat to know about the bobcat.   Never seen one there before

Offline Flatcoat1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Worster Lake at Potato Creek SP
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2019, 09:13 AM »
As of last night there was about three inches of crap ice on the east side. STAY AWAY from the west side. Many leads. The area outside Boat Rental is older ice with a lot of snow on it. Checked the fishing pier at Boat Rental last night. Much of the same as rest of lake. I would not walk on it yet. One of the workers there said that on Wednesday before the rain/snow mix it was a beautiful 2.5 inches and hard as a rock. Now it is very poor ice.

BOBCATS: many ice fishermen seen them when they are coming in early in the morning on the road to East Boat Launch. If you spot one, feel very lucky.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.