Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2019  (Read 63322 times)

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2019
« Reply #60 on: Jan 18, 2019, 07:19 PM »
Moved my house to my favorite spot the other night, and am sad that I’m only going to fish it one day, and probably move house at the end of day to not get buried in the blowing blowing snow.....
My plans equal....
Fish fav.  spot....
Eat lunch...
Plan,scout new spot before storm, and move accordingly..
Sleep, and move snow at home,and maybe fish...
Then .....GO PATS !!!
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #61 on: Jan 18, 2019, 09:42 PM »
Sounds like a great time!! Good luck with the storm I'll be watching for ya on northwoods law.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 19, 2019, 01:22 AM »
Northwoods Law Circus Edition - hope it makes the cut, will make a great episode.

Enjoy the lake on Saturday and be safe in the snow on Sunday.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Jan 19, 2019, 09:43 AM »
We bumped our house to a new spot I found on Navionics that might be promising (I hope) time will tell. Closer to Wellington launch so
Now we will come out of there for the rest of the season. Couldn’t stay and fish today...Shobizz had some stomach issues but she was a trooper in helping out today. Time to hunker down and see what ol man winter has in store...hope everyone fares well!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 19, 2019, 09:44 AM »
We bumped our house to a new spot I found on Navionics that might be promising (I hope) time will tell. Closer to Wellington launch so
Now we will come out of there for the rest of the season. Couldn’t stay and fish today...Shobizz had some stomach issues but she was a trooper in helping out today. Time to hunker down and see what ol man winter has in store...hope everyone fares well!
Oh yeah...GO PATS!!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 19, 2019, 09:51 AM »
1/18

Great night sleep. No wind and cool. End the evening w 3 cusk.

Morning started out good. Got up, turned on the camera and immediately saw lakers.
Lost one after several attempts while I was on the throne.

No wind day today.  Temps were in the 20’s. Overcast and snowed from time to time.  Slow fishing day but saw quite a few on the camera, chum eaters that didn’t want to play.

Talk on the lake today was about the upcoming snow storm.
Decided to bounce up the lake so not to get socked in w deep snow at Mathew. Wind typically blow from the north to the south (more or less). Decided to try to get ahead of it and went north.

Managed to Make it to my spot on Whittemore point.
Couldn’t make it any further, one of my Argo tire blew out. None that I could find in NH. :(
Had to order one. Will be a long walk to check the house after the storm. Do what ya gotta do.

Had a surprise visit by the Northwoods Law crew today.  Did some ‘bobhouse’ filming.

Looks to be a another nice night out. Currently 0 mph wind and 21f. Gonna stay.....

Jiggin don’t you still have your Skandic? That beast will get you through anything!
If you need assistance don’t hesitate to holler.
I was wondering if your Argo tire blew out through the sidewall? They say there’s some abrasion to the sidewalls from the track guides with tracks on. Hope you dont have to wait too long for a tire!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Jan 19, 2019, 01:48 PM »
Okay, guys.....let me start by saying it was a 23 year old girl who went to school with my daughter lol. I would normally welcome the notoriety and let you think I was out with some 35 year old yumsickle, but for the purpose of my story I must tell the truth.

I brought her out last year and she caught perch and picks, learned how to sound, put bait on, etc. and had a blast! It was 35 and sunny with no wind.

Today her lesson was in "what not to do" and proper ice drinking. 3 tip ups had various issues, the auger was being a jerk, and we caught nothing. But we huddled up at the wind break and had beer.  ;D

So you're planning on next weekend, M&M? I'd love to catch up with you and the missus, if she's going too! Eventually, you have to come to "my" pond with the crew, too....or I'll catch you guys somewhere, I hope.

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 19, 2019, 07:34 PM »
1/19

Another nice night to sleep out. Low winds and cold.

Not much happening today for fishing, slow day. Overcast and wind chill kept it around 11F.

At the end of the day, decided to bump the house off the holes so hopefully not flood the area. Filled my old holes with snow and made sure it was soaked to help freeze up. Snowing outside now.

mowbizz, I do have a skandic but didn't use it last season or think i needed it this season because of the argo. wouldn't start for me, need to take it into the shop, think it might need a new fuel pump. argo tire on the way, should be here by weds or thursday.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 19, 2019, 11:11 PM »
Way to ride out the storm - hope it pays dividends with good fishing.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Jan 20, 2019, 05:53 AM »
Okay, guys.....let me start by saying it was a 23 year old girl who went to school with my daughter lol. I would normally welcome the notoriety and let you think I was out with some 35 year old yumsickle, but for the purpose of my story I must tell the truth.

I brought her out last year and she caught perch and picks, learned how to sound, put bait on, etc. and had a blast! It was 35 and sunny with no wind.

Today her lesson was in "what not to do" and proper ice drinking. 3 tip ups had various issues, the auger was being a jerk, and we caught nothing. But we huddled up at the wind break and had beer.  ;D

So you're planning on next weekend, M&M? I'd love to catch up with you and the missus, if she's going too! Eventually, you have to come to "my" pond with the crew, too....or I'll catch you guys somewhere, I hope.

We like the non-truth better. I'll let you know if we will be at The Dark Side as of now it is a go. "Proper ice drinking" is a must I'm sure you were a great teacher, lots of experience. The crew would love to check out "your pond" did you post it? What is in it we need to prepare ourselves. We will definitely hook up.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 20, 2019, 07:16 AM »
We like the non-truth better. I'll let you know if we will be at The Dark Side as of now it is a go. "Proper ice drinking" is a must I'm sure you were a great teacher, lots of experience. The crew would love to check out "your pond" did you post it? What is in it we need to prepare ourselves. We will definitely hook up.
Denny, found out last year from a relative, that "hook up" doesn't mean what "hook up" meant when we were younger.  :afro:  :whistle:
Steph, let me know if you need/want some help with those tip ups. May be able to help you with that "jerk" of an auger too, even though I'm not a master mechanic.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #71 on: Jan 20, 2019, 07:21 AM »
Denny, found out last year from a relative, that "hook up" doesn't mean what "hook up" meant when we were younger.  :afro:  :whistle:

True dat.
“Friends w benefits” meant something different when I was young. Now has a completely different meaning. Wish I was young today....I missed out.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Jan 20, 2019, 07:30 AM »
True dat.
“Friends w benefits” meant something different when I was young. Now has a completely different meaning. Wish I was young today....I missed out.
Can't say that I missed out (completely), just got old too quick.  ;)

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jan 20, 2019, 08:00 AM »
Lol! I never had a “friend with benefits” either...I guess my “year of 69” will be in age only...😳

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Jan 20, 2019, 09:19 AM »
Steph, let me know if you need/want some help with those tip ups. May be able to help you with that "jerk" of an auger too, even though I'm not a master mechanic.

I found that by not opening the relief valve on the gas cap, it stays running.  ???

I'm going to mess with the tip ups today in between shoveling and snow blowing. I just bought a Husquavarna (sp?) from a lady at work. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I like the non-truth better myself lol. You know "my" pond, right down the road from my house. I hear there are some nice bass in there.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #75 on: Jan 20, 2019, 10:24 AM »
Good luck Captain wish I could be there but I can't get out of this commitment for tomorrow. Plan to be there next weekend should I bring my Mate?

We’re out. Set sail yesterday with no problems. Not as far out as we like but can move later. Couple nice rainbows and a nice laker. Craig was a trooper. Forgot his boots and fished in his sneakers.
Denny, your first mate is fine as long as she’s not throwing her tissues around. 🤣🤣🤣 We will be out next weekend for sure.

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 20, 2019, 11:01 AM »
Nice Bow and fishing in sneakers!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Jan 20, 2019, 12:22 PM »
We’re out. Set sail yesterday with no problems. Not as far out as we like but can move later. Couple nice rainbows and a nice laker. Craig was a trooper. Forgot his boots and fished in his sneakers.
Denny, your first mate is fine as long as she’s not throwing her tissues around. 🤣🤣🤣 We will be out next weekend for sure.

The new boat looks awesome Captain now we need to christian it.  ;D  Hope to be there I'll keep you posted. Very nice bow are those Nike or Adidas sneakers?. I know they are not converse. Sliding into game mode.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #78 on: Jan 20, 2019, 12:46 PM »
The new boat looks awesome Captain now we need to christian it.  ;D 
We are trying to keep it “non denominational”. We don’t want to offend anyone easily offended. But we’re always up for a “blessing”. 😜😂🤣😂🤣

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Jan 20, 2019, 02:47 PM »
I found that by not opening the relief valve on the gas cap, it stays running???

I'm going to mess with the tip ups today in between shoveling and snow blowing. I just bought a Husquavarna (sp?) from a lady at work. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I like the non-truth better myself lol. You know "my" pond, right down the road from my house. I hear there are some nice bass in there.
So, your auger wasn't that big of a jerk?  :whistle:
Good luck with your Husky. Took me a few, to figure out you weren't cutting wood.  ::)

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Jan 21, 2019, 06:20 AM »
We are trying to keep it “non denominational”. We don’t want to offend anyone easily offended. But we’re always up for a “blessing”. 😜😂🤣😂🤣

You are right Captain "Blessing" is a better word. Religion at the Dark Side just doesn't seem like a good mix.  >:D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #81 on: Jan 21, 2019, 12:23 PM »
1/21
Didn’t fish today but Psycho and Redfin were out there. I drove by my house and put the binocular on it. All is good until I look and see an older gentleman approaching me from his house. I told him I wasn’t a peeking tom but just checking my house.
Turns out he wanted to meet me as I’ve had my bobhouse off his property for the past 15+ years. I use his house as a land mark to my spot. He and his wife wanted to come out and visit but didn’t want to intrude. We had a nice conversation, watched Psycho and Redfin check my house and chatted w them on the radio. He was amazed as to how the Newfound Circus behaves.
He refers to me as the winter resident due to me being there every year. I remember One year his wife hollered out to me fro their deck when I moved my house up, “welcome back!!”
Anyways, after our conversation, he invite my wife to use his drive way to park as it is a much shorter distance than driving across the lake to pick her up.
I invited them to have dinner w us some night out on the lake.
On Newfound, things just seem to work out for the best.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Jan 21, 2019, 12:26 PM »

He refers to me as the winter resident due to me being there every year.

I have a buddy that calls you the "mayor" lol
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Jan 21, 2019, 12:45 PM »
1/21
Didn’t fish today but Psycho and Redfin were out there. I drove by my house and put the binocular on it. All is good until I look and see an older gentleman approaching me from his house. I told him I wasn’t a peeking tom but just checking my house.
Turns out he wanted to meet me as I’ve had my bobhouse off his property for the past 15+ years. I use his house as a land mark to my spot. He and his wife wanted to come out and visit but didn’t want to intrude. We had a nice conversation, watched Psycho and Redfin check my house and chatted w them on the radio. He was amazed as to how the Newfound Circus behaves.
He refers to me as the winter resident due to me being there every year. I remember One year his wife hollered out to me fro their deck when I moved my house up, “welcome back!!”
Anyways, after our conversation, he invite my wife to use his drive way to park as it is a much shorter distance than driving across the lake to pick her up.

Lol @ “peeking Tom”
Sounds like you made a friend there Jiggin! Very nice of him to let you park at his house if you’re on foot! I can’t believe anyone went out fishing today! Must be brutal with the winds!
How much snow on the ice after the storm? I would imagine there are some wicked drifts!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Jan 21, 2019, 12:48 PM »
Oops...included my message in your “quote” area...

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Jan 21, 2019, 12:56 PM »

This doesn't happen by accident - has a lot to do with the Circus members... cool that worked out.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #86 on: Jan 21, 2019, 01:47 PM »
The wind was wicked. I had -3 in my truck but not sure with the windchill.
Big snow drift on the north side of my house, expected. No wet spots I could see.
Psycho said when he drilled his holes, no water came up, surprisingly.
Rest of the lake looked to be drifted up. Never checked Wellington to see if plowed out.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Jan 21, 2019, 02:09 PM »
The wind was wicked. I had -3 in my truck but not sure with the windchill.
Big snow drift on the north side of my house, expected. No wet spots I could see.
Psycho said when he drilled his holes, no water came up, surprisingly.
Rest of the lake looked to be drifted up. Never checked Wellington to see if plowed out.

Redneckfisherman is out there now (big orange crush NFS house)
He got his wheeler stuck in a drift but luckily was close to the shack. Broke his winch rope trying to get unstuck and finally had to jack the wheeler up and pack the snow to get it out. He says moving around is okay until you get near a shack...that’s where the drifts are.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Jan 21, 2019, 02:31 PM »
Wellington was not plowed this morning and Redneckfisherman says he hasn’t been able to see back there with the blowing snow to see if someone plowed. This was as of minutes ago.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Jan 21, 2019, 02:51 PM »
I'll bet it is RUGGED out there right now!! Hope it's fishy!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.