Author Topic: Ponds  (Read 1242 times)

Offline tollbooth0j

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ponds
« on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:30 PM »
Ponds are locked up south of Fort Wayne, now just waiting for it to build up before the next snow
Love catching my Walleye

Offline Iceman2013

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ponds
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2019, 02:50 PM »
Just checked a pond had about an inch on it maybe by the weekend it will be ready

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2019, 04:33 PM »
I live south of Ft Wayne and the ponds I've seen are locked over with snow ice if the wind didn't keep them open.  The state park was wide open yesterday which didn't surprise me.   Just heard the weather and sounds like heavy snow coming again next Sat.   Not good for what ice we will have by than.  Just be careful.
 for

Offline Iceman2013

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2019, 05:06 PM »
I live south of Ft Wayne and the ponds I've seen are locked over with snow ice if the wind didn't keep them open.  The state park was wide open yesterday which didn't surprise me.   Just heard the weather and sounds like heavy snow coming again next Sat.   Not good for what ice we will have by than.  Just be careful.
 for
by state park are you talking ouabache, I also checked that today and it was locked up part of it had snow ice but Mose was clear black ice about an inch.

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Yes thats the one.  Sun pm it was just the area of the beach and from the point of the beach to the inlet.   Wind was keeping the rest open.   If the snow will stay off of it we might have a chance of it making ice.  Buddies got a few last Tues with the long poles while I was on vacation.

Offline JSCHAFER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2019, 07:29 AM »
Saw a guy in schererville went in on his pond yesterday.   Being he was older youd think hed know better.  At least he maid it.  Im gonna give it at least a week.

Offline rivereddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2019, 09:33 PM »
Buddy's pond had 5" of clear ice with about 2 inches of slush from last night's snow.  Started at 3:00 and caught several gills.  Bites came in
bunches.  When the sun began to drop we figured we'd hammer them and they just shut off.  Did put some meat in the freezer though

fish on,

rivereddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.