Author Topic: Montpelier Resrvoir  (Read 1321 times)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Montpelier Resrvoir
« on: Nov 22, 2018, 07:49 AM »
Any intel yet?  Ice - no ice - sketchy ice?  I'm wanting to try this reservoir this season.  Long drive from Ogden, UT if it ain't ready yet.   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline Hardwaterfinder

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Montpelier Resrvoir
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2018, 12:37 PM »
Any intel yet?  Ice - no ice - sketchy ice?  I'm wanting to try this reservoir this season.  Long drive from Ogden, UT if it ain't ready yet.   ;D
Was there on Tuesday to check conditions. 90% of the lake was capped but only about 1 inch of ice by the boat dock. It looked thicker by the dam, so I walked down and spud barred a hole maybe ten feet from shore. Ice was a little thicker,but only about 2.5 inches. Not enough for me to stay out there. It has been warmer days since,so I doubt it is safe yet but with the cold nights coming this weekend,it should be good to go next week  ;D  One other thing I should mention is that the reservoir is the lowest I have ever seen  :icefish:

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Re: Montpelier Resrvoir
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2018, 03:19 PM »
Was there on Tuesday to check conditions. 90% of the lake was capped but only about 1 inch of ice by the boat dock. It looked thicker by the dam, so I walked down and spud barred a hole maybe ten feet from shore. Ice was a little thicker,but only about 2.5 inches. Not enough for me to stay out there. It has been warmer days since,so I doubt it is safe yet but with the cold nights coming this weekend,it should be good to go next week  ;D  One other thing I should mention is that the reservoir is the lowest I have ever seen  :icefish:
Thank you Sir; I appreciate that very much.  And we have similar 'lowest I've ever seen' conditions on several of Utah's reservoirs.  Not sure if that will help or hurt the fishing quality.  Thanks again for the intel.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.