Author Topic: Videos and podcasts  (Read 989 times)

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Videos and podcasts
« on: Oct 15, 2018, 09:23 AM »
What are some good ice fishing youtube videos and podcasts?  Lake temps are in the low 50s this past weekend so I am like a kid in a candy store waiting for hardwater and wants to get some "education" in prior to hitting the ice!
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Videos and podcasts
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2018, 09:52 AM »
In Depth Outdoors and Across the Ice Belt are two youtube accounts that produce videos weekly once the ice season gets underway. If you've never seen them you'll have plenty to catch up on. Jason Mitchell Outdoors also has some ice videos.
Tight Lines!

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2018, 10:09 AM »
Uncut angling has some great ice fishing plus open water videos

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2018, 10:48 AM »
In depth outdoors, Jason Mitchell outdoors (just put out a new ice video this week), uncut angleing, and across the ice belt if you can stand the host.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2018, 02:04 PM »
All good, more popular ones mentioned so far. A few of my less common favorites are 330maniac, FishnMore, Wisconsin Fisherman, Jon B, 906 outdoors.

I watch a lot of youtube ice fishing videos :)
Da Pack!

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2018, 02:07 PM »
In Depth Outdoors is my favorite. James Holst is great. They give a lot of tips as well. I cant wait for the new season to start.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2018, 02:28 PM »
In Depth Outdoors is my favorite. James Holst is great. They give a lot of tips as well. I cant wait for the new season to start.

Unless he's being out-fished, then he gets a little bitter lol.
Da Pack!

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2018, 03:04 PM »
in addition to those above...

ICE Team youtube
Will C Fish - tons of seminar videos, etc. I usually let this play while at work and listen to the seminars

MN outdoors

330 Maniac

Northern outdoors

i mn fishing

Catchin' Fish

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2018, 03:07 PM »
Lot of good ones mentioned already.. few more are superior angling, fish addictions, northwoods angling has a few ice videos, team yukon outdoors, Jay Siemens, former videographer for uncut has is own channel and a few videos, DtrofishOn has some sturgeon and catfish ice videos (and also happens to be on this forum)
Did someone mention IDO and uncut?

Broken line podcast is pretty good! Speaking of, I gotta catch up.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Oct 15, 2018, 03:44 PM »
Lindy fishing tackle as well as other tackle companies haves some good vids from time to time on YouTube.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 15, 2018, 04:32 PM »
IDO and uncut.  those two ruined every other show for me.

can't stand jiggy and his super psyched "chowed it" then cry about something routine.

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 15, 2018, 04:54 PM »
Doesn't look like anyone has mentioned podcasts yet. The four that I listen to are Shack Talk, The Livewell, Broken Line Podcast, and Hard Water Fishing Show. There is an old/archived podcast called Northland Outdoors that has a bunch of Ice Fishing podcasts as well. And the MeatEater podcast did an episode on ice fishing as well, episode number 111. I think Fishing Nerds is another one as well, though that one didn't really grow on me.

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 15, 2018, 04:56 PM »
Doesn't look like anyone has mentioned podcasts yet. The four that I listen to are Shack Talk, The Livewell, Broken Line Podcast, and Hard Water Fishing Show. There is an old/archived podcast called Northland Outdoors that has a bunch of Ice Fishing podcasts as well. And the MeatEater podcast did an episode on ice fishing as well, episode number 111. I think Fishing Nerds is another one as well, though that one didn't really grow on me.

And Ice Fishing Radio as well, forgot about that one.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 15, 2018, 07:04 PM »
Uncut Angling is my favorite hands down, followed closely by Today's Angler. Jay Siemans also makes some great videos (and is sometimes on Uncut Angling). If you like the Googan Squad guys there are some hilarious videos of LakeForkGuy and LunkersTV ice fishing (they're both Texas boys) for the first time.

I enjoy In Depth Outdoors, but it's a bit too commercial my for tastes. (Not their fault, it's a TV show to make the sponsors money!)

Offline Tikkaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2019, 08:03 PM »
IDO is my favorite show for sure

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #15 on: Mar 04, 2019, 08:59 PM »
IDO's shows are great. Here's mine, prospectors and pok3's. I'm definitely the rookie in the group filming these. Lol some good fishing and hunting stuff from Utah, Wyoming & Idaho

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0kagZDGGY86s0ZIfg-qFw

https://www.youtube.com/user/prospector2014

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3oydSanPXCVH6gO3pAorTg
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 04, 2019, 10:02 PM »
Thanks Matt! This guy is on the Colorado board and does a great job.https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Mi1jePXAYAAxx-LfCeyOw

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.