Author Topic: Xl long walleye rod ideas  (Read 820 times)

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Xl long walleye rod ideas
« on: Oct 13, 2018, 08:58 PM »
I converted my Ford Explorer into a 'tuber' shack. After ripping out my seats and going past the point of no return I realized I didn't take into consideration a gas tank bracket I couldn't cut through. Now I have a hole 36"+ or more from my seat. I'm looking for Long walleye rod recommendations. Preferably not $100 customs but I may not have a ton of options.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: Xl long walleye rod ideas
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2018, 09:04 PM »
Googled "ice fishing walleye rods"...quite  a few at $50 +or-
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2018, 09:15 PM »
I googled the same and didn't find very much of anything in an ice rod over 36", of the rods actually available if anyone could give an endorsement to one they like it could give me a bit of direction. I'm thinking maybe there are some standing hole hoppers with longer than normal walleye rods they could recommend.

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2018, 09:30 PM »
Fenwick makes the Elite Tech in a 36 " and 42" Medium.  A very nice rod for $40!

https://www.fishusa.com/product/Fenwick-Elite-Tech-Ice-Rods

If only they made these lengths in ML...

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2018, 11:40 PM »
I picked up a 36” medium action ugly stik dock rod to use for lake trout this winter. It was only $15, prob need to replace the reel that came with it though.

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2018, 08:42 AM »
Ejdelvo- thank you! That's exactly what I am looking for. I really like fenwick ice rods and have a few of the earlier 'elite techs' much shorter and they have changed quite a bit in style. Unless I can find a few other options I will be ordering the 42"

Seamonkey- thanks for the recommendation. My mind was in the same place and I've borrowed my nephews zebco "dock demon". It is a great, tough little rod just a bit heavy in the action.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2018, 08:20 PM »
Quantum makes awesome longer rods at a great price point.... but they are only available here in Canada.

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2018, 06:55 AM »
I had a two piece 8' panfish rod that broke near where the two pieces connect.  I took the top half and put a 6" cork handle on it and voila, I now have a 41" long ice rod with a soft tip but a lot of back bone.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.