Author Topic: Descent combo  (Read 724 times)

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Descent combo
« on: Nov 02, 2018, 09:29 AM »
Been waiting to pull the trigger on a couple descent combos with the snitch rods. Came across these this morning and I’ve never seen this color pattern on the descent anywhere yet. It doesn’t say what the rod is either. Just curious if anyone has seen them out anywhere to know what rod it is?

https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/13-fishing-descent-ice-fishing-combo-181fiudscntcmblsmfic/181fiudscntcmblsmfic

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Descent combo
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2018, 09:41 AM »
Looks similar to the radioactive pickle color scheme that they released this year for the freefall ghost. I have no experience with that rod but the reel is a great entry level inline! That's a great deal on the combo since the reels are usually ~$30-35 alone. Personally, I'd get the combo but stick to your original plan and put it on a snitch or ticklestick if you're going to be jigging with it. Could use the rod it comes with as a backup or tip down maybe.
Da Pack!

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2018, 09:44 AM »
Seems like a fair enough price for the brand...nice features. It does say the rod is fiberglass, if that's what you meant, and the reel is graphite. I would assume that if you decide to get it that it would be an in-store purchase. I, personally, like to look and feel the rod;try it on for size before I buy.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2018, 09:52 AM »
Looks similar to the radioactive pickle color scheme that they released this year for the freefall ghost. I have no experience with that rod but the reel is a great entry level inline! That's a great deal on the combo since the reels are usually ~$30-35 alone. Personally, I'd get the combo but stick to your original plan and put it on a snitch or ticklestick if you're going to be jigging with it. Could use the rod it comes with as a backup or tip down maybe.

I was just planning on getting these combos to for a couple extra crappie set ups. I have a ghost set up with a tickle stick that I like a lot. My widow maker has last years descent on it and I’m thinking about selling that set up to pick up the radioactive pickle combo. I just didn’t know if that one at dicks maybe had the snitch on it and it just wasn’t listed. SG has a descent/snitch combo for $50 a piece but not in stock until later this month.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2018, 10:11 AM »
I was just planning on getting these combos to for a couple extra crappie set ups. I have a ghost set up with a tickle stick that I like a lot. My widow maker has last years descent on it and I’m thinking about selling that set up to pick up the radioactive pickle combo. I just didn’t know if that one at dicks maybe had the snitch on it and it just wasn’t listed. SG has a descent/snitch combo for $50 a piece but not in stock until later this month.

That makes sense. I haven't seen the snitch/descent combos for under $60 so that SG deal is pretty darn good, might have to take advantage of that myself!
Da Pack!

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2018, 10:21 AM »
That makes sense. I haven't seen the snitch/descent combos for under $60 so that SG deal is pretty darn good, might have to take advantage of that myself!

Yeah it’s a great deal I think. I’m just waiting for a double discount day or something to pull the trigger since I’m in not rush. I’ll probably just order from SG either way. I just like that new color pattern lol.

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2018, 10:52 AM »
I picked up a radioactive pickle combo the other day in Bass Pro and I didn't like the feel for the price, but just me.  Seemed flimsy.  I've got several black betty and CGI#8 reels and am gonna look at the snitch combo also.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2018, 10:56 AM »
I picked up a radioactive pickle combo the other day in Bass Pro and I didn't like the feel for the price, but just me.  Seemed flimsy.  I've got several black betty and CGI#8 reels and am gonna look at the snitch combo also.

The Snitch’s are excellent. For the price I don’t think they can be beat for what they are.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.