Author Topic: Getting feet off ice  (Read 1640 times)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Getting feet off ice
« Reply #30 on: Oct 15, 2018, 08:21 AM »
I'm sure footwear has a part to do with it, I've never really had much to invest in "good" ice fishing boots but I have a decent pair of waterproof insulated now. With some padding I should be good and someday I'll be able to get some good spendy winter boots.

You don’t need to spend a lot for good boots! I found these insulated rubber boots last season at Tractor Supply. They were marked $69 but on sale for $59. I wasn’t sure how warm they would be, but figured for that price they were worth a try. When I got to the register they rang up at $32!  :o
I couldn’t believe it! Tried them that week and they were as warm as my old 1800 gram pack boots I was replacing. I went back the next day and bought a second pair. Went back 2 more times to get them for my buddies after telling them about the boots. Ended up selling my 2nd pair to a buddy after they sold out. The checkout ladie got a good laugh the 3rd time I went back............she asked me how many more pairs I was gonna buy!  ;D

Gonna see if they go on sale again this season, (for that price I will get a “backup” pair) but even at $59 or $69 they are WELL worth it!

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/itasca-mens-swampwalker-1000g-rubber-boot
Where's the FISH?!

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Oct 15, 2018, 08:55 AM »
get alpaca insoles - they work wonders

Catchin' Fish

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Oct 15, 2018, 09:19 AM »
I still have my Lacrosse(sp) Iceman boots I used for work. Even though they are steel toe, my feet don't get cold at all. Plus my folding shack has a floor so that also helps.
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Oct 15, 2018, 10:01 AM »
I'm going to try one of these and see how it works.I was using a piece of carpeting but got sick of it freezing tight.

www.lowes.com/pd/AWP-HP-Yellow-23-in-x-11-5-in-Foam-Kneeling-Pad/50331647

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.