The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Islands Panfish 3/23?  (Read 1239 times)

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Islands Panfish 3/23?
« on: Mar 22, 2018, 08:35 PM »
Have some time after work tomorrow and am thinking of flat fish. Anyone know if the late ice bite has turned on at Carry, Keeler or DB?  Thanks!

Offline DENNYS

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Islands Panfish 3/23?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2018, 04:45 AM »
Went by DB yesterday after noon there were a number of guys out  fishing pike & pan fish.
No one at carry bay . And 4 guys out off the sand bar beach .

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2018, 05:33 AM »
Went by DB yesterday after noon there were a number of guys out  fishing pike & pan fish.
No one at carry bay . And 4 guys out off the sand bar beach .

How was the bite at DB?  It was dead there a month ago.

Offline Crayfish2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2018, 08:53 AM »
Good question, Matt.  Perchbait and I will be heading up to the islands somewhere on Saturday to chase panfish.  Not really sure where to go at this point.  Thinking Keelers / Lavigne Rd.

Anyone have a better suggestion?

Offline Lord_of_the_Perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2018, 11:10 AM »
Good question, Matt.  Perchbait and I will be heading up to the islands somewhere on Saturday to chase panfish.  Not really sure where to go at this point.  Thinking Keelers / Lavigne Rd.

Anyone have a better suggestion?
Unless a school of big fish moved in to Keelers, most of the BG's will be 4"-6". Same holds true for Carry Bay. I fished it last Wednesday and it was the same. I'd try Hibbard Bay from the park. I don't believe that shore has been fished much this year. I had some goods days there before the ice went to crap....

Offline Crayfish2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2018, 11:26 AM »
Thanks, L-o-t-P.  That was Perchbait's experience a few weeks ago at Lavigne.  Plenty of fish, but mostly small.  Maybe we'll give Hibbard a shot.  We've had some luck there at first ice in years past, but have never fished it late in the season.  Do you typically head toward the back of the bay when you hit the ice from the park?  I've heard that can be a good area later in the season.

Thanks!

Offline Lord_of_the_Perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2018, 11:44 AM »
There will probably be some guys deep in the bay. They walk in from the other shore. I generally don't go there. I fish a couple hundred yard stretch north and south of where you come out of the woods.

Offline Crayfish2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2018, 11:47 AM »
Awesome!  Thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.