The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Gander Outdoors in Dickson City  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Gander Outdoors in Dickson City
« on: Feb 25, 2018, 10:48 AM »
I stopped by Gander Outdoors this morning and over all it's not too bad.  There is no ice fishing stuff which didn't surprise me since the season is over for us.  Their variety of ammo beats Field and Stream's big time.
 They have a bunch of rifles and handguns but the brands are limited.  Their selection of lures is somewhat limited but not too bad considering they just opened and the selection of rods and reels is pretty limited.  Over all their prices are pretty decent and way better than Gander Mountain's was.  All of their employees said hello, were friendly, and asked if I needed any help finding anything.Over all if they get more variety of lures, rods, and reels I'd say Field and Stream better step up big time other wise Gander Outdoors will be putting a major hurting on them.  It seems that they got at least some what of an education from Gander Mountain going down the tubes but time will tell.

Offline minnook

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Gander Outdoors in Dickson City
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2018, 05:40 PM »
wow thats great still waiting for the greensburg store to reopen

Offline Jct330

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2018, 10:09 PM »
I can't wait either, we need some competition for sure!

They're website says Greensburg store to open in April.

Offline minnook

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2018, 03:51 AM »
april thats good to know..we need a field and stream closer to here

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2018, 03:42 PM »
A friend of mine was in some other Field and Stream stores and he said the one in Dickson City is way smaller and is a lot smaller and has far less than the others he's been in.  I guess that's to be expected since they're sharing the building with Dick's.  He said that the others he's been in are along the lines of a Bass Pro but this one sure isn't. 

Offline minnook

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2018, 04:05 PM »
no surpise chris. they both are owned by the same company

Offline Black Jack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2018, 09:31 AM »
I just visited the Gander Outdoors in Dickson City. I was a little surprised to see how much space allocated to bicycles, but was impressed by the fishing section. The gun department was pretty big, but, as was said, had fewer brands in stock. They carry a lot more in boating supplies than Gander Mtn. or F&S, to be expected since they are affiliated with Overton's. The salesman said that he expected a goodly amount of ice fishing gear next year, so we will see. I saw a couple of neat Kayaks ....I guess I could get in one, but at my advanced age and being much overweight, I would need help getting out, so I'll have to think about it.

Offline pasaint77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2018, 06:57 PM »
Nice! I will be making a trip soon

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2018, 07:37 AM »
I stopped in this past Saturday for a quick walk thru. Looked pretty good to me. Got a nice deal on a trout rod, but while checking out I overhead one dis-satisfied customer talking to a manager about having to wait an hour just to look at a firearm. Surprisingly, the manager said basically "That's not bad, there are guys waiting 2 hrs to fill out paperwork"(to buy a firearm). Apparently they were having major problems with their system. Must have been a bunch of grumpy people in the firearms section!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2018, 03:35 PM »
It would have to be a rifle that I wanted REALLY bad for me to wait a hour to see it or wait two hours to fill out the paperwork to buy it.  I checked out their guns when I was there and there wasn't anything that they had that I would've bought.  My preference in guns is the high end stuff such as Colt, Sako, and Weatherby. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.