Author Topic: Warm up destruction  (Read 1281 times)

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
Warm up destruction
« on: Jan 22, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Has anyone checked the ice in NE Indiana this evening?

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Warm up destruction
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2018, 05:59 PM »
I fished open water on a lake with a stream coming into it. Climbed up and walked on ice and it was holding but sketchy. Walked out on a few other lakes but nobody was out fishing so didn't venture out. Found 3 to 8 inches on a few bodies of water. Slicker than snot. We need some cold bites to tighten up. Not as bad as I thought It would be but looked scary with water on top and 25 mph winds blowing. Strange day fishing for sure
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Rkoomler

« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2018, 06:39 PM »
After tomorrow it will be ugly in the NE

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2018, 06:39 PM »
Probably not a good idea to go out in the AM...... >:(

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2018, 11:18 PM »
had 6-7" on pond north of ftwayne tonight.  icing crappie in a lightening storm.  dont do that every year. lol  yes slick as snot. blew me and the shanty around when some big gust came on.  only lasted a little while though.  bite was dead after the winds came and went. managed 15 good ones weeding threw the dinks.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2018, 11:50 PM »
had 6-7" on pond north of ftwayne tonight.  icing crappie in a lightening storm.  dont do that every year. lol  yes slick as snot. blew me and the shanty around when some big gust came on.  only lasted a little while though.  bite was dead after the winds came and went. managed 15 good ones weeding threw the dinks.

Nice well I hope I can sound my sorry butt out sometime this week.   Not being to hopeful tho.  Definitely wearing a life jacket and my safety picks if I do hahahahaha.  Maybe a wet suit also lol.   Heck with it I'm goin in as scuba Steve with my spear gun hahahhaa

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2018, 05:26 AM »

Nice Tim... How were the edges?

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:20 AM »
we went on the deep area and it was just flooded a bit.  i dont know about the shallow end it looked pretty gray.  we better get some colder nights than they say.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.