Author Topic: Camera Clarity  (Read 628 times)

Offline EmptyPockets410

• IceShanty Rookie
Camera Clarity
« on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:57 PM »
Hey guys, I was looking into a camera for ice fishing. My concern is how well i can see in the water with it. I fish river and lakes with dark or colored water at around 10-15 ft. Is the camera going to be able to pick much up? Are there better cameras?

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Re: Camera Clarity
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2018, 11:10 PM »
If the water is going to be murky, don't waste your money !!

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2018, 05:59 AM »
If you look into one of your holes, how far can you see?  A camera will give you about the same distance.  One with a light may help, but if there are a lot of suspended particles in the water, you won't see anything except what is right by the camera.  You can try shining a flashlight into one of your holes and see whether it gives you better sight distance of if it just reflects off the particles.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2018, 07:46 AM »
It also helps if you place the camera looking up at the ice. this gives the best contrast as far as background. I fish on many dark bottoms and looking down or sideways is not nearly as effective for me as some of the people here fishing over a light or sand bottom.

Here is an example:

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline EmptyPockets410

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2018, 03:48 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, I think I'm going to try to borrow a friends camera and see how it does for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.