Author Topic: NEW Strikemaster 40V  (Read 2185 times)

Offline pa-iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
NEW Strikemaster 40V
« on: Nov 30, 2017, 11:54 AM »
So today when the FedEx truck pulled up to my house with my new StrikeMaster 40 Volt lithium with additional battery, I couldn't wait to tear that box open.  As I pulled everything out of the box, I realized I was missing something....   The $200 addictional battery.    I doubled check anuthing and still no battery.  I double checked my order and what was advertised on the Sportsmans Guide web site.  I was correct the auger should have TWO batteries.  So I called Sportsman Guide customer service and explained everything. The agent I was talking to first told me that was a mistake on their advertisement and she would be willing to give me a $20 credit. I explained to her that the website had a picture stating additional battery included as well in the description and when you checked out it states additional battery included. I also explained to her on the box stats additional battery included inside box. Now my question is where's my additional battery??? I was told there's nothing she can do for me except return it or give me a $20 credit. I told her it is a $200 battery and I then asked for a supervisor and again explained everything to her. She was a little more understanding and told me she'll get back to me within 24 hours. I'm not sure if anyone else is having issues like this with Sportsman's Guide or is it just me? I'll respond back tomorrow once sportsmans guide gets back to me.

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: NEW Strikemaster 40V
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2017, 11:58 AM »
Hope they take care of you, the ad seems pretty cut and dry on the extra battery included.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2017, 12:20 PM »
Hope they take care of you, the ad seems pretty cut and dry on the extra battery included.

X2  I went to Sportman's Guide and read the listing myself from the horse's mouth.  You should have received TWO batteries.  It's more than clear and spelled out in at least three places in the listing.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2017, 12:36 PM »
X3, glad you captured the screen shots too...

Someone else has a battery they shouldn't I'm thinking...

<°)))>{

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2017, 12:59 PM »
stand  your ground on this one for sure.20 dollar credit lol.heck no its missing a expensive battery.i would send it back if they do not cooperate even tho its a hassle.on another note I have never had trouble with sportsmans guide.

Offline cstolp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2017, 01:01 PM »
Could it be that its being shipped separate?
Cheese Head

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2017, 01:25 PM »
May have to fill out a rebate form and mail to Rapala ..this one is for a Jacket

https://www.strikemaster.com/content/rapala-promotions/strikemaster-rebate.html?fdid=rapala-promotions&id=1

you may also want to contact SM/Rapala and see what they consider a receipt ..get that persons name too ...I have had issues as to what retailers called a receipt .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline openingact

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day fishing beats a good day working!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2017, 01:44 PM »
I had this happen as well. I emailed Strikemaster Customer Service and they took care of it. Had the 2nd battery in about 3-4 days.

Offline pa-iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2017, 05:24 PM »
Thanks for the tip I just emailed StrikeMaster and told him what happened. They're going to send me another battery.

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2017, 08:09 PM »
Glad your getting what you paid for! Nice that strikemaster  is taking care of it.

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2017, 08:15 PM »
Every new Strikemaster 40 volt I've seen advertised is supposed to come with two batteries.

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2017, 08:04 PM »
Just ordered the 8 inch, hope both batteries are in the box. Anyone seen this auger in action?

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2017, 09:11 PM »
Just ordered the 8 inch, hope both batteries are in the box. Anyone seen this auger in action?
I have one and should hit the ice this weekend. I’ll try to shoot a vid and put it up
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2017, 04:35 AM »
My bud is a rep for rapala told me I’d like how fast it cuts

Offline openingact

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day fishing beats a good day working!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2017, 10:04 AM »

There are a couple videos on youtube, but not many yet. Can't wait to get some good tick ice and see how it does.

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2018, 07:39 PM »
The missing battery sounds like it was a packing error at Strikemaster. The best way Sportsman's Guide could fix the problem is to take a return on the defective package and replace it with a new auger. They would return it to Strikemaster for credit or sell it at a discount.

Offline T-Hawker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:38 PM »
Not sure if it is true or not the owner of a local sport shop told me that Strikemaster only made an initial run of the 40V with the 2nd battery included as a special introductory bonus to try and get people to buy the unit.  He said units after that initial run would only include 1 battery.  again, not sure if that is true or not.
Seasoned deer hunter, greenhorn fisherdude.

Offline pa-iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2018, 09:04 PM »
So far I drilled 100 plus holes on it.  Drills great and no complaints. Still on the original battery charge. Ice has been between 8 to 10 inches.  I would buy this again.

Offline guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2018, 05:06 PM »
I got one to replace a 12 yr. old eskimo mako auger and because this year is only year with 2 batteries. Very happy with how it cuts. Still using the first battery after all this time. I would also recommend it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.