« on: Jan 12, 2018, 09:05 AM »
I can’t believe that a fabric flip shanty can run over $1000. Nuts

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: $hacks
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Only because people will still buy them.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline icingonspice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2018, 12:18 PM »
I have an old 2 seat Gander Mt flip shelter, with a little buddy propane heater get that sucker up to 80 degrees.....

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2018, 06:15 AM »
Only because people will still buy them.

yup lots of things like that

some of the prices people buy stuff at are crazy to me!  im am as cheap as they come though.  ;D

the fish trap i have now i got a a yard sale.  i walked past it because i only had 30bucks in my pocket.  my wife looked at it and said whats this?  i told her what it was and that i probably didnt have enough money on me.  she said, it says 5$ on it.  i said WHAT! :o  and so i had a flip over.  it also had a really old brass and stainless gaff in it they tossed in the deal.  yes it was worn and dirty but hey for 5$. lol still pullin it around several years later.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2018, 07:40 AM »
i had to go search these 1000$ shanties.  i never really looked at them because the price.  i do like the clamx4000 design.  i know lots more time and materials go into making them and creature comforts cost money.  but still have the same opinion.  cost way too much for what you get.  it weighs 170# too.  oofff   i could see where an ice guide could drop on them though being a tax write off.  a couple trips and its payed for.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Ace in the Hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2018, 10:30 AM »
If anyone is interested I have a Frabil Speed Shak Cub, two man suitcase shelter that I will sell for 75.00 or trade for ice rods or ice fishing equipment. No rips or tares in fabric. Condition is good to very good. Its too heavy for this old man to handle. Shoot me a pm if interested.

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2018, 11:32 AM »
A buddy just picked up a 20th anniversary Clam Voyager with all the extras at the show in Mi, for $700.  List is $1050, show special was $700, the guy said they had sold almost a dozen of them and only had a couple shanties left out of all the models they brought to the show.  I picked up a EVO 2it before christmas with discounts, incentives, gift cards, and rewards cash for $275 wouldn't have bought it without all the incentives already had 2 Clams and a Frabil.  Frabil is gone now, liking the move to the EVO.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.