Author Topic: Harvey Gap  (Read 1196 times)

Offline wilddoghunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Harvey Gap
« on: Dec 25, 2017, 12:52 PM »
Has anyone fished Harvey Gap ?

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
Re: Harvey Gap
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2017, 12:55 PM »
Yep!  Last year.   ;D
Merry Christmas!
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Bmh0419

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2017, 10:13 PM »
My son and I fished it last Sunday on 4” of clear and heard this weekend it was up to 6”

Online SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2017, 10:18 AM »
My son and I fished it last Sunday on 4” of clear and heard this weekend it was up to 6”

And?
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2017, 10:26 AM »
I'll be over there tomorrow and Thursday.  Jigging up Perch and soaking something on a QS rig under a Beaver Dam for Pike.
Gonna be good!

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2017, 08:35 PM »
If you like feeding pigeons in the park maybe make the 3.5 hour drive over to HG.  Caught fish consistently from 8:30 - 4. 75-100?  Kept 4. 1-really nice Toad ; 1-8” and two others that were marginal but they wouldn’t drop back down in 32 FOW...needed some eyes anyway.  Also released 6 snot rockets and a Crappie.  Not worth the drive yet but will give it another shot tomorrow.

4-5” of good really solid ice where I went but neither HG or RG is locked.  A few guys on RG between ramp and island but lots of open water over there.  Fished from 14’ to 32’.  Lake bed was just paved with 5” fish.  As fast as you dropped it down you were hooked up.  Tried bigger gear (tumblers, kastys, slenders, pilky’s etc) did not keep the dinks at bay  Punched 35 - 40 holes.  Not a flag on the tip all day.

Offline DoctorPerch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2018, 12:56 PM »
Any info on ice conditions at the Gaps?  Will be in the neighborhood later this week and would like to spend some time icing these if conditions permit.  Thank you.

Offline Bmh0419

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2018, 09:01 PM »
Went to Rifle Friday it was 5-6” but they are filling it so there was 4’ of water to get on and still open water at the east inlet. Was at Harvey the end of December and it was good fear 6” and it’s been getting cold at night so I bet it’s safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.