Author Topic: Tank top heater  (Read 1590 times)

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tank top heater
« on: Dec 17, 2019, 09:51 AM »
I've built a aluminum stand to hold my Mr.Heater tank top unit rather then having the propane tank inside the shack. I am having difficulties finding an adapter that will allow me to run a 5-10' propane hose out from the shack and attach it to the tank. Does anyone know of the adapters and Part # for the correct fittings?

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: Tank top heater
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2019, 11:51 AM »
I know they make them...or at least did. I did the same thing a few years ago when I had my tank top. It seems I bought it at one of the big box stores. Try Google.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2019, 11:51 AM »
Decided to just get a 10' custom hose made and tested with the fittings I need. I was surprised at it being cheaper then buying and quicker then trying to source the parts from various locations and vendors. I'll have it picked up in a couple hours.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2019, 01:06 PM »
Mr. Heater sells a 10' bulk hose.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2019, 01:20 PM »
Thanks guys.
The heater is a male LHT(left hand thread) POL so I needed a hose that has a MxF POL, ideally. If I went with adapters and a 10' hose I'd be in the neighborhood of ~$125 CAN. It ended up being less then half that with no messing around with adapters. The only thing i'll add is a tee off the heater side so I can turn my small burner on. I visited Cabelas, a 5' hose is $49.99 and a adapter that may have worked was 39.99 and I guarantee I would have needed to buy again next year after I misplaced the parts or left in someones truck after a day out.

I am a little worried about the LP gas in the hose turning back into liquid at -20C and colder temps in a 10' run and causing issues with the pressure. I'll need to test out before hand but we just came out of our -30 cold snap and into -2 for the weekend. YAY!

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2019, 03:48 PM »
I bought this:  Mr. Heater Buddy Series Hose Assembly - 10-ft., Model# F273704

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2019, 05:33 PM »
Thanks guys.
The heater is a male LHT(left hand thread) POL so I needed a hose that has a MxF POL, ideally. If I went with adapters and a 10' hose I'd be in the neighborhood of ~$125 CAN. It ended up being less then half that with no messing around with adapters. The only thing i'll add is a tee off the heater side so I can turn my small burner on. I visited Cabelas, a 5' hose is $49.99 and a adapter that may have worked was 39.99 and I guarantee I would have needed to buy again next year after I misplaced the parts or left in someones truck after a day out.

I am a little worried about the LP gas in the hose turning back into liquid at -20C and colder temps in a 10' run and causing issues with the pressure. I'll need to test out before hand but we just came out of our -30 cold snap and into -2 for the weekend. YAY!

Propane doesn't turn into a liquid until around -38C.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.