Author Topic: Any company bringing out a 10in hand auger?  (Read 25714 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Any company bringing out a 10in hand auger?
« Reply #90 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:16 PM »
Congrats on finding one, I hope it works out and its in your hands in no time. You know the guy here posted that one again and I texted him with no answer. Weird. I haven't tried my new adapter out yet but will soon. So the ion 10in blades fit it? Good to know
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #91 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:34 PM »
Congrats on finding one, I hope it works out and its in your hands in no time. You know the guy here posted that one again and I texted him with no answer. Weird. I haven't tried my new adapter out yet but will soon. So the ion 10in blades fit it? Good to know

I don't know if the ion ones do or not....just a guess they would. Weird the dude post that 10in then never responds.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #92 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:48 PM »
Ya for sure and 2 times at that
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #93 on: Jan 11, 2018, 09:53 PM »
Nothing scientific....but thinking the polar fire 10in blades would fit it by the looks....bought a set off eBay for $23....

Offline tentwiststhick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Jan 12, 2018, 01:11 AM »
A ten inch hand auger through 12 inches or more of ice sounds like torture to me, hell even through 6 inches. I only cut 10 inch holes when I use my Jiffy gas auger. If I have to turn a hand auger more than ten twists I break out the Clam 6  inch driver drill adapter plate rig. I don't even use my Mora 7 inch hand auger any more either. Way back in the early eighties I used a Sweedish made spoon blade hand auger. For a good while in my area the spoon blade auger is all there was available if you could actually find one. I found one up in Connecticut back in 84 or so, which is nowhere near local for me. Having fun twisting that 10 incher, that sounds to much like work, not fishing.  ;D :tipup: :tipup: ;D
ttt

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #95 on: Jan 12, 2018, 07:50 AM »
A ten inch hand auger through 12 inches or more of ice sounds like torture to me, hell even through 6 inches. I only cut 10 inch holes when I use my Jiffy gas auger. If I have to turn a hand auger more than ten twists I break out the Clam 6  inch driver drill adapter plate rig. I don't even use my Mora 7 inch hand auger any more either. Way back in the early eighties I used a Sweedish made spoon blade hand auger. For a good while in my area the spoon blade auger is all there was available if you could actually find one. I found one up in Connecticut back in 84 or so, which is nowhere near local for me. Having fun twisting that 10 incher, that sounds to much like work, not fishing.  ;D :tipup: :tipup: ;D

I think you should start the post from the beginning. I was in search of a ten in hand auger to put on my clam plate to cut holes in my wheel house. Not hand cranking.

Offline ronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:31 AM »
Agronomist_at_IA, Good luck with it and I hope it works out for you.
The secret to fishing.....fish where the fish are.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #97 on: Jan 12, 2018, 09:45 AM »
Agronomist_at_IA, Good luck with it and I hope it works out for you.

He said he shipped it so hopefully it comes in good shape.

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #98 on: Jan 12, 2018, 02:37 PM »
Google Arksen 10" ice augers bit....Cant beat that........

I have this auger and it is awesome!  Super light and cuts great.  The blades are a little soft, it seems as they chip easy so buy a couple sets.  I have it attached to a Tanaka gas powered drill and it works great.  I have no doubt that a Milwaukee Fuel 1200 will turn it just fine.  Just make sure that you get an Icemaster Adapter.  They are strong and the strap has saved my auger from going down the hole more than once.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Jan 12, 2018, 07:44 PM »
He said he shipped it so hopefully it comes in good shape.

Nice good to hear!!

Offline caldwellite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #100 on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:17 PM »
I Had a 10 inch Mora years ago. Still have a set of blades. They are like my other Mora blades, beveled on both sides. The screw holes are 2 3/4 inches apart,1 1/8 inch from the blade edge. Good luck on the project.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #101 on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:26 PM »
sooner or later I will find 1 at a garage sale.ive got 4" 5,6,7,8,inch moras just need a 10 and I will have every size bit made.ive got 5" 7, 8,  9 and 10 inch jiffy power auger bits.and 5" and 8" lazers.multiples of some.cant pass up augers at garage sales.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #102 on: Jan 12, 2018, 11:08 PM »
Lol found a set of new 10in mora blade on Amazon....only one left and bought it....yeah!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #103 on: Jan 13, 2018, 10:18 AM »

Looks like they must have a few more.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #104 on: Jan 13, 2018, 06:36 PM »
She came....sharpening the blades....lots of nicks....gonna take some time. Also moded the stem to fit the clam plate and clam plate extention.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Jan 13, 2018, 06:58 PM »
I Had a 10 inch Mora years ago. Still have a set of blades. They are like my other Mora blades, beveled on both sides. The screw holes are 2 3/4 inches apart,1 1/8 inch from the blade edge. Good luck on the project.

Hay argonomist funny the guy in quote brought what he said up.. cause I measured those jiffy blades I bought..  they measure 2.75 inch at centers of screw holes  and their chipper blades like  the k drill has .. wonder if they would work?? As blades for a 10 inch mora??

Any how glad you finally got that 10 inch mora..

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #106 on: Jan 13, 2018, 09:01 PM »

Hay argonomist funny the guy in quote brought what he said up.. cause I measured those jiffy blades I bought..  they measure 2.75 inch at centers of screw holes  and their chipper blades like  the k drill has .. wonder if they would work?? As blades for a 10 inch mora??

Any how glad you finally got that 10 inch mora..

No jiffy chipper blades and shavers are different style of cutting.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #107 on: Jan 14, 2018, 10:38 AM »
A little work and TLC on those blades and maybe some work and paint on the flight, and it'll be like new!!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #108 on: Jan 14, 2018, 01:43 PM »
A little work and TLC on those blades and maybe some work and paint on the flight, and it'll be like new!!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :icefish:

Yep......Got the paint to touch it up.

Now.....I just need to find a blade cover.....gonna try a 10in cold snap.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #109 on: Jan 14, 2018, 04:10 PM »
that size mora blade cover is probably about the size of a chevy s10 hub cap.lol jk

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #110 on: Jan 14, 2018, 09:17 PM »
Well figured out a few things today.....

The blades I touched up wouldn't bite into the ice....only skip around....wth....I'm going to send them to fish 307 to get sharpened. I've got an HT polar Fire set of blades and a mora 10in set of blades coming that are new. So once they come we will see if it will bite into the ice.

The next thing I learned....the aluminum tube Adaptor I made wasn't going to hold up...so I made one out of steel pipe....It should stand the test no problem.

I found blue rustolem paint that matched the mora color perfect and touched up the auger.....it's looking sweet.

Last thing I need is a 10in blade cover.......Hope the cold snap works....So if you would guys please keep a lookout for a 10in mora cover.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #111 on: Jan 14, 2018, 09:52 PM »
So if you would guys please keep a lookout for a 10in mora cover.

<°)))>{

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #112 on: Jan 14, 2018, 11:25 PM »

<°)))>{

I was thinking about that but there is an issue....on the ten inch lighting comes off both blades....Unlike the 8in and under.

I'm thinking a pail like a 3-6gallon bucket.....or maybe a 5gallon cut down or something......I think a 5gallon pail is about 11in across.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #113 on: Jan 15, 2018, 08:22 PM »

Touched the auger flighting up....Got the steel adaptor shaft made........just debating if I should shaker can it blue to match the auger or buff it with the wheel buffer to a chrome polish.

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #114 on: Jan 16, 2018, 06:19 AM »
hey Agro, just saw   3 brand new in package 10 in. mora blades at a tackle shop here yesterday. no 10 in. cover tho. so they are out there. if interested, pm me. wire ( think i saw old price tag on back. like 19.95, but , have bad case of  CRS so not sure, but i,ll bet he,ll deal to get rid of them) P.P.S. anyone else looking for them, let me know. wire

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #115 on: Jan 16, 2018, 05:36 PM »
hey Agro, just saw   3 brand new in package 10 in. mora blades at a tackle shop here yesterday. no 10 in. cover tho. so they are out there. if interested, pm me. wire ( think i saw old price tag on back. like 19.95, but , have bad case of  CRS so not sure, but i,ll bet he,ll deal to get rid of them) P.P.S. anyone else looking for them, let me know. wire

I might take you up on it. I’ll have to see.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #116 on: Jan 16, 2018, 05:55 PM »

Well Put the HT polar blades on that came.....everything looked good. Went to the pond to cut a hole and it wouldnt bite in....spun around and caught my shoe and cut through my leather shoe and cut my foot. Not sure why it wont bite in. Pitch looks fine. Guess I’ll try the new set of mora blades I got coming on it.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #118 on: Jan 16, 2018, 06:03 PM »
Those HT blades might work wonders with some shims..

<°)))>{

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #119 on: Jan 16, 2018, 06:18 PM »
I'm thinking /hoping those new oem blades work for you.blade angle might be off on those ht blades.i want to see a vid of you hand cranking that 10" mora one of these days.lol.i know I could and would wearing my best lumberjack style flannel .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.