New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: otisco lake bs thread  (Read 179918 times)

Offline icecold

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Strictly catch and eat
Re: otisco lake bs thread
« Reply #120 on: Jan 15, 2015, 02:05 PM »
How much ice on the north end.  Looking to get out on wheeler for the weekend want to go to main lake
tip up tip down but for sure tip a few

Offline johnny b jiggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gettin jiggy wid it
« Reply #121 on: Jan 15, 2015, 03:18 PM »
haitb - my buddy's setup.....he gets bored and makes stuff all the time....he built a little stake rack thing so fits perfect in his sled too.......think you can see that in the second pic next to my shanty.

Offline deadbaitjeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • can`t drink all day if udon`t start in the morning
« Reply #122 on: Jan 15, 2015, 05:54 PM »
nice set up
don't for get feb 14-15 ;) ;)

Offline johnny b jiggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gettin jiggy wid it
« Reply #123 on: Jan 15, 2015, 07:05 PM »
We'll be there!!  That picture above was taken a couple years ago durin the Moondance.....

Offline jmorain

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: otsego lake ice condictions
« Reply #124 on: Jan 16, 2015, 10:28 PM »
I have been soft water jigging lakers in otsego for the last 5 years or so, and I think that generally I've seen a recent improvement. They were really skinny 2 summers ago, but last summer I saw mostly healthy looking fish. Not as many big ones, but not starved looking anymore. They must be finding SOMETHING to eat.

Offline BIGJim223

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #125 on: Jan 17, 2015, 12:12 PM »
I have been soft water jigging lakers in otsego for the last 5 years or so, and I think that generally I've seen a recent improvement. They were really skinny 2 summers ago, but last summer I saw mostly healthy looking fish. Not as many big ones, but not starved looking anymore. They must be finding SOMETHING to eat.

They are eating perch! Caught them all summer as shallow as 7 FOW. They are looking much healthier. 
BIGJim223

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #126 on: Jan 17, 2015, 02:51 PM »
Its pretty quiet this yr on here...everyone must be fishing .. :tipup:

Offline seanc25

• Team IceShanty Regular
Otsego
« Reply #127 on: Jan 17, 2015, 03:03 PM »
Anyone been out in 2015?  Ice conditions?

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Otsego
« Reply #128 on: Jan 17, 2015, 03:07 PM »
Couple more posts and you'll find your answer

Offline seanc25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #129 on: Jan 17, 2015, 03:28 PM »
Has anyone been out in front of 3 mile point yet this year?  Thinking of going in the AM.

Offline pikeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #130 on: Jan 17, 2015, 04:07 PM »
Doubt the ice is that safe out that way..was only safe in shallower areas when I was up

Offline AriettaBob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #131 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:12 PM »
I found safe ice off public landing yesterday

Offline BIGJim223

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #132 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:31 PM »
Ice at PL has been fished on for 9 days now.

BIGJim223

Offline CDonnelly315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #133 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:19 PM »
I need to get out and then I hope to have something good to share!

Offline OridginalPikeFreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #134 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:32 PM »
how do you sign up for the tournies?
come see me on facebook at  PikeFreak's fishing and outdoor's

Josh Miner Rochester NY

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #135 on: Jan 17, 2015, 10:23 PM »
Its pretty quiet this yr on here...everyone must be fishing .. :tipup:

Loose lips sink ships... everybody's quiet for a reason .... cause the gills are dinks this year... and the bite is hot on Owasco and cayuga

Offline deadbaitjeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #136 on: Jan 18, 2015, 05:16 AM »
how do you sign up for the tournies?
pm sent for derby sign up

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #137 on: Jan 18, 2015, 05:55 AM »
Hot lips.. ???sink ships... ;D..hmmmm...yea plus i heard starting starting the 20th of this month no cameras or flashers are allowed on otisco....

Offline deadbaitjeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #138 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:35 PM »
Hot lips.. ???sink ships... ;D..hmmmm...yea plus i heard starting starting the 20th of this month no cameras or flashers are allowed on otisco....
and gas augers the the home owners are  complaining about the noise in the morning  heard it disrupts their sleep ;D

Offline turkeyslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #139 on: Jan 18, 2015, 06:41 PM »
Definitely not dogs. It was on top of the rails on the back of my truck.

As far fishermen,  everyone has been super nice!  I'm fairly new to the lake (ice fished here last year for the first time).

I was checked by DEC yesterday and was amazed to hear the next two shanties next to me did not have their licenses on them.  Neither was given a ticket but just a verbal warning. Kinda surprising to me. It's nice that the officer is not super straight edge but come on. Buy your license and carry it with u!
  I did not take your lunch,  but am the guy next to you on sat. that lure was a hali sukkula  AYF glow, hope you had good luck on sunday

Offline TigerHunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #140 on: Jan 19, 2015, 05:21 AM »
Made the trip saturday and Sunday. Spent all day Saturday jigging for bait with very little action on the tip ups. On Sunday my buddy and I managed to pull 5 tigers. Biggest was 36. Met a few friendly anglers and also a few very friendly land owners.  Another great weekend at otisco!   :tipup: :tipup:

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #141 on: Jan 19, 2015, 05:48 AM »
 ::) i heard that to  how did i forget about the gas augers thanks dbj...... i dont wanna pay a fine for noise ordiance

Offline eyeguy21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #142 on: Jan 19, 2015, 09:24 PM »
Hey guys looking to hit otisco for the first time this year this weekend. Is the main lake locked up? Would drive by but i don't get out of work til after dark!  Thanks and good luck out there!

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #143 on: Jan 19, 2015, 09:54 PM »
Im heading out tommarow ill let u know...i always report back on here...if  anyone out tomarrow stop by n say hello..blue clam flip over and my tipdowns will be out looking for crappies ...brite green handles on my tipdowns  oh yea and my grumpy old man hat  ;D

Offline tigerwoodsmuskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #144 on: Jan 19, 2015, 10:35 PM »
Hey guys looking to hit otisco for the first time this year this weekend. Is the main lake locked up? Would drive by but i don't get out of work til after dark!  Thanks and good luck out there!

Look at conditions thread

Offline deadbaitjeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #145 on: Jan 20, 2015, 05:35 PM »
yes the main lake is locked up, went out from foot prints on sunday ,found any where's from 4''-6'' bite was slow to none

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #146 on: Jan 20, 2015, 10:51 PM »
this one of 8 beer cans 2 propane bottles a soda bottle milk bottle ice capachino bottle 3 baggies a spike container that i picked up today on the north end...y pollute the lske we fish i watched several ice fisherman just walk by a few of the trash items..i picked it up..hopefully its no one on shanty its just as easy to carry it out as it isvto carry it in... :%$#!: :cookoo:

Offline Greenhornet73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #147 on: Jan 20, 2015, 11:59 PM »
Has anyone here had any luck jigging up a walleye out of this lake?  I have caught plenty of them all over the lake during the soft water season but cannot figure out what they want under the ice.  I have tried mostly at night in spots that I catch them regularly during the soft water season with large jigging raps and sonars over the years without a snif.  This year i'm determined to get one.  Anyone willing to share any tips??  At least if I know i'm using the right thing will give me some confidence
I prefer a 2oz sinker for perch...when it hits 'em they won't feel a thing

Offline XxFISHN4EYEZxX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #148 on: Jan 21, 2015, 03:56 AM »
Has anyone here had any luck jigging up a walleye out of this lake?  I have caught plenty of them all over the lake during the soft water season but cannot figure out what they want under the ice.  I have tried mostly at night in spots that I catch them regularly during the soft water season with large jigging raps and sonars over the years without a snif.  This year i'm determined to get one.  Anyone willing to share any tips??  At least if I know i'm using the right thing will give me some confidence
   Hey greenhornet just wondering If you have located walleye before ice fishing ??  Just Wondering If u fish with sonar that would be a start , Ive tried a few times for them and would love to just locate them

Offline Greenhornet73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #149 on: Jan 21, 2015, 07:50 AM »
I use the sonar to attract them in, then usually drop another jig down that is tipped with bait. I got a few walleyes this winter a few weeks or so before the first ice formed in the typical night time walleye feeding areas in 10' or less.  Same spots I ice fish but never get an 'eye to take
I prefer a 2oz sinker for perch...when it hits 'em they won't feel a thing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.