Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608044 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12930 on: Jul 15, 2018, 09:18 AM »
Eddie....so sorry for the loss of your friend  :'(  he sounds like a great guy  :thumbsup:  I hope you find comfort in the memories of the good times you shared  :angel

WS......care to share your mole trapping secrets  ???   we have the spring loaded traps & do get one every once in awhile, but not with any consistency  :-\

TT.....your old time vet sounds amazing  :bow:  can't imagine any vet going above & beyond any more  :wacko:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12931 on: Jul 15, 2018, 10:19 AM »
Good Morning again!

First off very sorry to hear of you loss Eddie. As WW said he sounded like a very nice guy, thoughts and prayers to all.

WW here is a video of the one I use

There must be a run on them this time of year because the Fleet Farms around here are all sold out. The traps are very well made and have some real power when snapping shut. The best part is here they are less than $10 a piece, although a few places on line showed $20 which is inflated. 

I was following the instructions pretty close and wasn't having much success. So I started packing down all the runs with my feet so I could distinguish when a new tunnel was made. When they start a new tunnel look at them like a Christmas tree. You will see a main trunk which will eventually have some branches running off of it, you want to concentrate on the trunk. You want to take your heel and cave in part of the fresh tunnel 6"-8" long. Here we have sand and loam so the traps work well. If you have heavy soil you may need to cut a couple of slots for the pincers to close easier.

I think the moles were seeing too much light when I would dig a hold for trap placement. This way it stays dark and as they use the tunnel they hit a dead end where you caved it in and begin digging to open the tunnel. I bent the trigger up a little bit, opposite of the catch for the lever, so I can put the trap as deep as possible. Make sure you don't bend it too far though or the trap won't fire. You want it so the V formed by the pincers is pushed down to the top of the depression you made with your heal. The moles aren't very tough so even if you just get them by the skin they will die.

What I have found to be the most beneficial is finding a fresh run, followed by setting the trap on the trunk portion of the runway. Set the trap as light as you can, it may take a couple of tries. Also use the safety hooks, the spring is strong enough to bust a finger.

If your traps are different than these follow the same procedure by setting on the trunk portion of the mole runs.

Good luck :thumbsup:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12932 on: Jul 15, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Good evening everyone, trying week still dealing with my health issues also another problem at the house. Discovered a plumbing leak in the basement now repair real kick in backside was when electrician open wall to run new line to outlet that was not grounded and discover termites or other wood loving insect had done major damage to interior structure of the wall. So now wall will have to be rebuilt before electrical repair. My sister was up yesterday found out my nephew's car got hit while he was working out at local gym nice dent where trunk lid meets car body of course no one came into the gym to report incident.
Eddie condolences sent on loss of your friend. Enjoyed link to Albany fireworks photos. Thought you might have taken your younger grandchildren to Empire Plaza yesterday Lego corp. is building a theme park in my county they had an event promoting the park . Looking to build up interest park will open in 2020.
Whopper Stopper thanks for all the bear videos. Good luck ridding your yard of moles.
Wallyworld enjoyed photos from your trips around NY. I'm sure all the girls at fire camp enjoyed your bakery treats.
Deal Ninja glad you were not hurt badly by the antler scary stuff. Hope your keeping the antler to use during this year's big game season.
Tom Turkey happy to read you found a vet with reasonable prices for service provided. Also glad your friend/relative has such a smart dog.
Ice Wanderer belated Anniversary  greetings hope you had a nice night in Lake George. Good to hear trip to Vermont was problem free. May the weather cooperate with getting this Winter's wood supply stacked and covered.
IceFisher-45 all the best with possible new driving job.
IFF how was your therapy session today . Wondering if things not going as planed for Gander Outdoors and now there is a cash flow problem causing delay to store openings.

Sorry if I missed replying to anyone's post(s). Stay safe will try and post daily this week.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12933 on: Jul 16, 2018, 02:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm, clear 66* this am, high of 85 here today.

Steve...have been wondering how you've been doing Sir. Sorry to read about the  health issues still bothering you, hope they can get that in check soon, best wishes sent. That sucks about the discovery of the house problems, hopefully this will be the last of the repair work necessary.... :thumbsup:
  Marv...if I ever have a mole problem here, I know what I'm using! Thanks for sharing the video and techniques, awesome! Have a good walk this am Sir!   :thumbsup:  How was the fishing with the ladies?
    Wally...good luck with your mole hunting. Any fishing plans this week?   :thumbsup:
  Tom...doubt there's too many Vets like that one you had around anymore! Hope you can get that weed problem under control today.    :thumbsup:
  Jeff...I'll have a few cucumbers finally ready for the table this week! Hope your shoulder is holding up ok still.   :thumbsup:

Thank You for the condolences all, just one of those sad unexpxted moments we all go through unfortunately....very much appreciated.
  Running short on time this am, but will check in at break and see how everyone's doing today....hope you all had a great weekend!
  Cawfee's on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12934 on: Jul 16, 2018, 04:50 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It;s 65* here on my hill with a of 86* expected great weather for my wife's garden. She put up 11 pts. of pickles yesterday, it looks like
                   she will be busy this year. :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:
                          Eddie.......I'm sorry to hear about your friends passing, he sounded like a stand up guy! :(
                          Steve.......With older homes it always one thing after another, I hope the issue can be fixed without too much expense and no other issues
                   show up! :whistle:
                          Marv.........Wow, you really have a mole problem. :%$#!: Since they keep coming back there must be a lot of grubs in your lawn, try teating
                   them as well. That is a nice trap system.  :thumbsup:
                          Tom.........That's a nice Vet you found, keep him. :flex:
                          Not much going on today, our part time neighbors are up for a week and are going kayaking today on Lake George, so we will be dog sitting. :angel
                          I hope everyone has a great Monday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12935 on: Jul 16, 2018, 04:58 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! I see IW is warming up in the hallway Good Morning Everyone  :bow:

mr.clean sorry to hear of the issues, hope everything can get nipped real soon :thumbsup:

Eddie hope you and the crew have an excellent week Sir :thumbsup: I didn't fish with the girls. The one day I wrote about was to go to a local lake and watch the s-i-l try out her new SUP board "no camers allowed lol" She did very well and never fell off. I can see where it would be an excellent core exercise.

IW you walking today?

WW hope you are able to get a dent in the mole herd. They are an irritating nuisance for sure that can destroy the looks of a yard overnight. Best of luck if hitting the lake!

I am about to hitch a ride up the road and get my 6 in. Then I am heading to the gun range for an hour or so. I have been taking advantage of having it all to my self these last couple of weeks. Tomorrow weather dependent may be fishing and a bait check.

Hope everyone has a good Monday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12936 on: Jul 16, 2018, 06:20 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....thanks so much for the mole trapping technique & video  :)  they sure are some nasty looking critters  :sick:  hope tomorrow's weather is good for some fishing  ;)2

MrC.....sorry to hear both your health & house continue to be a struggle  :'(  sad that someone hit your nephew's car & didn't bother to at least leave a contact number  :-\ 

Eddie.....another blistering hot one today, hope you brought enough water along  ;)  looks like a little break midweek  :clap:  how did you make out with your truck repair  ???

IW......have fun dog sitting  ;D  glad to hear MrsIW's garden is doing so well  :thumbsup:  can't wait to start picking cukes & maters  :woot:  hoping the well doesn't run dry from all the watering  ::)

IFF......any luck with the therapy session  ??? 

Another day of hot hot hot mid 90s with dewpoints in the 70s  :pinch:  weatherman keeps saying t-storms every day, but so far.....not a drop  :(  good news is the grass is burnt so no mowing this week  ;D  have a few little projects going on around here and MrWW's truck has some issues that need to get taken care of so no fishing on the agenda :(

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

TT...almost forgot, I found this recipe online, hope it's what you're looking for

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12937 on: Jul 16, 2018, 07:35 AM »
Another hot one again today. It was still in the 80's went I went to bed but had cooled down into the upper 60's when I got up so I opened up the doors and windows to try and cool the house before the heat up starts. So much for the guessed rain for today. At least the over night temps are guessed to be lower this week but still in the 80's for highs.

ww It sounds like your guessers are as bad as ours. They did get some good rain east of Grand Rapids yesterday. That reipie looks more like what I am looking for. I will give it a try. We needed an out door kitchen yesterday as the wife made a bunch of muffins. A few were strawberry from some strawberries A ozen and a half were with huckleberries from the woods across the road. When I went to get what were left yesterday whathtere were were pretty small due to lack of rain. The still are pretty yummy.

Steve Hopefull things get straightened out pretty soon with your healty and the house so you can finally get it on the market.

I hope every one has a good day. I need to get on the move as I have therapy this morning.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12938 on: Jul 16, 2018, 10:29 AM »
Good late Morning

Steve, it was cut short by the wind.  Found out my battery bank was no where near full charge.  I went to the electric only lake, and tried to make it back to the boat ramp as it began whipping up white caps.  Needless to say, I was about to get beached.  My anchor was not holding at all in the sand bottom.  Didn't have the park rangers phone number on the new phone.  So called the lake skipper and he got in touch with them to get me a tow back in.  Might know it calmed down about the time I was back at the launch.  I was also running a transom mount 50 thrust off my gas engine battery, it was depleted also so no getting my motor to start.  Will have to make sure I get the batteries up to snuff before heading there again.  On the catching side, all I got was a perch fry impaled on a blade hook lol.  Could have been a worse therapy session but turned out okay.

Got home before the rains hit, which was one down pour after another.  Had a call for the 2 ton shop crane/engine hoist which I let go way below half price.  Mrs is happy its gone.  Back to work tomorrow.

Scheduled a much needed eye exam for myself Friday so I can get much needed new glasses.

Good day to all.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12939 on: Jul 16, 2018, 03:38 PM »
Good day, heat as returned to my area of NY. was out around mid day glad to back home to the air conditioning.
IFF glad you had a way to summon help to get your boat back to dock. No fun floating around when a storm is moving into area.
Tom Turkey may therapy session bring good results. Enjoy the muffins.
Wallyworld hope the truck issues are all minor problems. May you get some rain to help your garden and replenish ground water supplies.
Whopper Stopper getting early start preparing for upcoming big game season. Be safe and have a good time.
Ice Wanderer may all go well with the dog sitting today. Hope your part time neighbors can find a quite area of Lake George for their trip. I've heard lake becomes a zoo during Summer months.
Eddie ditto Wallyworld's comments regarding your truck. Enjoy the cucumbers ,any plans to make pickles.

A safe and pleasant evening to all. Best to all fishing this week.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12940 on: Jul 16, 2018, 05:32 PM »
Good Afternoon everyone, Eddie i’m Sorry about you friends passing. IFF good thing you got a tow in to the launch. Tom Turkey hope the therapy went well and you didn’t eat to many muffins. Still 91 degrees here. Road test went ok. Company sent me for a drug test. They are a little concerned because I haven’t driven a tractor trailer for a while. Last job was with a 10 wheeler and a pup. Job before that was on a ambulance as a paramedic for 10 years. Lots of driving time before that. We will see. Hope everyone had a good day and stayed cool and hydrated.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12941 on: Jul 16, 2018, 06:51 PM »
The unbelievable happened after I got home from therapy today.

It RAINED!!!! Not the usual few sprinkles but a 20+ minute DELUGE.

Luckily I did not spray the weed killer on the old garden as I planed like when we got a few sprinkles the other day that washed the spray off.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12942 on: Jul 17, 2018, 02:58 AM »
Well got a 3 hour nap in and having a bit of a problem getting back to sleep, go an update call about the store.  Going to be 6 months out for us.  In the mean time, we get to go to the other stores, no mileage, no travel time, and less than our hours, sounds like we will not be scheduled so we can car pool.  Thinking they want us to go away.  Which I am sure some will do.  Already know of one.  Amazon has been advertising for drivers at a lot more money, their vehicles, you get a predetermined route, drop the package, ring the door bell, take a picture and away you go.  Might have to look into that.

The much needed rain we got, I though amounted to a lot more than what was in the rain gauge, only half of an inch.

45 I think its like riding a bicycle, you never forget.  Think once doing a hookup, and around the block with a semi I would be ready to hit the road.  Most of the newer trucks have automatic trans now days ?

Dom take his annual trip yet ?

Steve house is still not on the Market ?

Well guess I better get a few more winks, and go meet up at the last known car pool stop, might be the last one.  ::) :unsure:

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12943 on: Jul 17, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Morning all,

IF45......fingers crossed on the new job coming your way  ;)

IFF.....sounds like Camping World/ Gander Outdoors bit off more than they can chew  :blink: might be time to move on  ;)

TT.....we also got rain, LOTS of rain  :thumbsup: still t-storms rolling thru this morning then a break in the humidity coming in behind the storms  ;D

MrC.....hope you get a break from the triple h's soon  @)

Edddie....did you get rained out today  ???

WS....hope you're reeling in a big one as I type  :woot:

Not much going on today, MrWW will be working on his truck  :-\  not 100% sure what the problem is, it's either the fuel pressure sensor or the fuel pump. starting with replacing the sensor first, hopefully that solves the problem  ;)  $35 sensor vs $300 pump   :o

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12944 on: Jul 17, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like it’s going to be a hot and humid day. Supposed to be severe thunder showers.

Tom Turkey- I hope your therapy is going well and the place is air conditioned.

IFF - Thank you, the company is worried because they’ve hired people who have gotten into accidents. Hope your job gets settled.

Wally World- I hope Mr WW is working on the truck in a garage with ac and that it’s just the sensor.

My wife is hoping I find something else for a job. She’s worried about me hurting myself worse. I hope everyone has a great day and stays cool and stays hydrated. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12945 on: Jul 17, 2018, 02:24 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone,
  72* and raining, its been off and on since about 9:30am. Loving it... :clap: 
  Lost a post again this morning, wonder where the H they end up? Will try again with a Yuengling for luck.... ;D

I-45...best wishes to you on your most recent interview or continued search for a different job. Hope things fall into place soon for you...just be careful with your back buddy...and Thank You for the condolences. :thumbsup:
  Jeff...didn't see you post this am, hope the dog sitting went well yesterday for the neighbors..and no problems getting tangled up with the " weather cat "!!   Thank You also for the condolences.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope the truck is an easy fix with the sensor, best of luck to you with that. I haven't called the dealer yet on my truck issue with the air bag sensor...got a little side tracked...but that's next on the agenda again now.  :thumbsup:
  Tom...glad to read you got some much needed rain finally, awesome!  :clap:  Hope your therapy went well yesterday. Curiosity got the better of me reading about the huckleberry's you spoke so fondly of, don't think I've ever had any in the past to be honest. Found an interesting read on them...especcially the very last sentence! ;D
  https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/08/11/542690164/for-the-love-of-huckleberries-august-brings-out-hunters-of-elusive-fruit
  Bud...glad you made off the water safe and sound, must have been a crazy moment for a little while there, dang! :thumbsup:  That sucks with the Gander situation...the Amazon job doesn't sound too bad at all!! Best of luck with it!  :thumbsup:
  Steve...might try and make some pickle chips, but the cucumbers I'm growing (burpless) they claim aren't the best for pickling. Hope you're starting to feel a little better....hows the house coming along now?
  Marv...hope you had some good luck today fishing if you made it out, looking forward to some more bear footage as well. I clocked 6 miles on my truck yesterday...damn, that's a long walk!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2...maybe this rain will help fire up those walleyes! Good luck if hitting the water tomorrow!   :thumbsup:

Well, we got most of the day in today before calling it quits. Lightning was flashing pretty good and the radar showed some heavy rain and thunderstorms creeping in. I'm sure the farmers here locally are happy today.
  Had a horrible taste for a nice pot roast dinner, so I stopped at the market and picked up the fixin's on the way home. The Mrs. was happy with that idea, find out in another hour or so. 
  Hope you all had a nice day....cawfee will be ready in the morning!   ;D

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12946 on: Jul 17, 2018, 03:25 PM »
My therapist worked the dickens out of me yesterday. He added a bunch more things. I do not feel any pain from what he has me doing. Whether it will help in the long run who knows. I go again tomorrow. There is a problem with the one door coming into the place that has been there for a long time. I will take some tools with me on a day I am not having therapy and see if I can fix it. it just needs some adjustment hopefully.

Eddie Thanks for the link. I wish the bushes were as high as the one in the picture of the woman picking them. The ones I have found hardly make it half way to the knee. I have seen some huckleberries in supermarkets around here. I think they were in the frozen foods department if I remember right. I think they came out of Maine. One time coming from a trappers convention I saw a huge patch of them not far from the road in a marsh. It was raining to hard to even think about picking some.

I saw a  cranberry marsh one spring that was in full bloom. When I went back n the fall it was totally dry and no berries in sight.

I have a few blue berry bushes but they did not produce well this year, probably due to the crazy spring. I see in the paper that some on bought the blue berry farm I bought berries from a back in the early 60's for the grocery store I worked for. I need to call them and see of they have some Jersey blue berries. They are late to ripen but they can be huge and juicy when they get good and ripe. Years ago we had a trappers potluck at a trappers blue berry farm after he was done picking. We picked what was left. One year there was no market for berries. He had not harvest any of the jerseys so I brought home almost 2 gallons for the freezer. Most years there were close to 40 of us there.

The wife wanted to go fishing tonight so she went to the shop I by my bait from. I told her to get a dozen flat heads. When she got hone there is way over 2 dozen minnows in the bucket. This is normal for this place while the one in town you are lucky to get a full dozen. I have not fished much the last few ears so I hope I can find some fish.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12947 on: Jul 17, 2018, 07:35 PM »
Good Evening Everyone :bow:

I haven't had a chance to read over the days activities yet, but wanted to post a couple of videos before I head outside. I had a long day and spent most of it enjoying one of WI smaller lakes. When I arrived at day break the fog was fairly thick, however it burnt off fast.

I caught a few bass and a couple of small pike, just nothing very big.

I swung by the shack after the lake and fixed up the bait pile. There were about 100 videos with much of the same antics as the others. The bears seem to keep busy.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

The wife is taking the day off tomorrow and wants me to take her fishing, so I am off to load the boat. Maybe tomorrow we will find a musky.

I almost forgot, I ended the day with my 7th mole.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12948 on: Jul 18, 2018, 02:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day! 
  Nice cool start to the day here. 63* with a light breeze, humidity is way down, high of 77 today.   :thumbsup:

Marv...beautiful shot of the lake! Congrats on the fishing yesterday, best of luck to you and your wife today!  :thumbsup:   Can't pull up those video's with this IPad, but looking forward to watching them with the smart phone at break....thanks for sharing!   
  Tom...hope the therapy goes well again today! If the ticks weren't so bad around here now, I'd do a little huckleberry hunting in the woods behind my house now that I know what to look for!   :thumbsup:

The rain fizzled out here not long after I posted yesterday afternoon. Not sure how much we ended up with, but at least everything got a good drink anyway.
  The pot roast dinner was a success...wife gave me  :thumbsup:, lol.
  Cawfee's on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12949 on: Jul 18, 2018, 04:44 AM »

It's 59* and clear here on my hill this morning, a nice day is in store for us today,
                              Eddie......I woke up at 7:30 yesterday, i never sleep that late but yesterday was my birthday, I hit the big 70. ::)
                              Marv.......Great videos, those cubs are fun to watch. And that boar might be a shooter for you! :thumbsup:
                              Steve......The temps should be down for you today as well. How is the repair on the house going? ???
                              Wally.......I'd start out with the sensor too, $300 for a pump, that's outrageous! :cookoo:
                              I-45........I hope you get the job! :flex:
                              Not much going on here today, mowing the lawn. Then this evening my wife and I are going out to dinner with our part time neighbors
                     It's her birthday today so we are celebrating 110 year birthday together! :roflmao:  We are trying a place on Lake George "The Boathouse"
                     I'll rate it for you all in tomorrows post!
                              I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or at play!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12950 on: Jul 18, 2018, 05:17 AM »
Good morning. 57 degrees and sunny.

WS, really enjoy seeing the bears.

WW, hope the truck repair went well.

Eddie, hitting the lake on Thursday. I have a Drs. appt this morning.

IW, Happy Birthday, a day late, enjoy your dinner.

h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12951 on: Jul 18, 2018, 05:28 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....happy birthday to you & MrsIW  :clap: :thumbsup:  enjoy your dinner  ;D

Eddie....we got about 1" of rain here according to the local weatherman, I can almost hear the grass growing now  :woot: glad the pot roast was a hit  ;)

WS.....great videos, love the itchy fella  ;D  the bugs look terrible  :o  good luck with MrsWS on the water today, hope the fish are hungry  :thumbsup:

TT....hope you & MrsTT found some hungry fish yesterday  ;D  glad you got on the water  :clap:

IFF....quite the boat ride  :o  glad you made it off the lake in one piece  :flex: 

IF45.....hope the storms yesterday brought a drop in temps & humidity for you  :)

H2L...good luck at the Drs today & on the water tomorrow  ;)

Surprise surprise.......the sensor did NOT fix the problem  :%$#!:  a friend said try changing the fuel filter, guess where they decided the filter should go  ???  INSIDE the fuel pump  :o :cookoo: :blink:  what sense does that make  :wacko: :nono:  My car is going in this morning for inspection, can't wait to see how that turns out  :-\ 

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12952 on: Jul 18, 2018, 06:39 AM »
What a difference a night makes.  50* this morning. 46* in the Soo In the UP. I had fans going in the doors all night. I did not get up until 5am and the house was cold. I had to get out the sweat pants and a flannel shirt when I got up. Still guessed to get almost to 80* today.

Rain is guessed for the week end

ww The fishing was not very good. Nothing wanted the normal minnows. I had to switch to worms to catch the few perch we did catch. Even those bites were very light. I need to take my thermometer with me if we go back out tonight to see what the water temps are. Maybe the fish could not find the bait due to the water being green with algie. When I got back to the dock the boat did not want to move. When I finally got tied up I saw I had picked up a gob of stuff on my motor skeg.

Putting the fuel pump and filter in the tank is one of the dumbest thing that the auto manufactures have done. You have to remember it was probably an engineer that made that decision.

Eddie If you want to go looking for huckle berries get some Sawyers tick spray to put on your clothes and keep the clothes tucked in tight. Sawyers will last a throught a couple of washing. I use it on my camos every spring while turkey hunting. I have only had a tick get through it one time in VA. I felt some thing on my left elbow when I was driving. When I showed it to my nephew he said it is just a tick, I will get it out when we get home. That was a long hours drive.

IW Happy belated birthday to both of you. Hopefully the resturant was worth the trip.

WS Maybe you need to put spiked boards around your camara to keep the bears from damaging it. Sort of how the people living in the bush do to keep them out of their cabins. I sure enjoy your videos of the bears.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12953 on: Jul 18, 2018, 07:27 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Quick update before I head to the store, My store manager and assistant were having a discussion when I arrived.  None of the ladies showed up and let it be known they would not be going forward, including one department manager.  Bottom line for me was since I was willing to stick it out, and no hours going to the part time folks, Manager said I would now be scheduled for 5 days a week.  That will help me trip for new batteries for the boat if need be.  Will have to check them out.

Will work out details with the one guy that is closest to where I live to share rides as we will have the same days starting next week.

Pot roast sounds pretty good

Neat pictures and vids Marv.  :thumbsup:

Going to fudge a little today and go in an hour early.  Think its to top out at 91 today with afternoon thunders.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12954 on: Jul 18, 2018, 07:34 AM »
IFF I saw on the news that Grand Rapids Michigan was #5 on the list of top places to live. Centennial was listed in the top 5, just can not remember what it was. I just hope that it being in the top 5 does not bring you a bunch of idiots moving from Califunkia.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12955 on: Jul 18, 2018, 08:26 AM »
Broadcasting live from the Empire State Plaza. ..
  Happy Birthday Jeff and Mrs. IW!!!  :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12956 on: Jul 19, 2018, 02:31 AM »
Morning Everyone,
  54* on the Hill this am, high of 77 here today.

Bud...congratulations on locking up a spot, that's terrific!!   :clap: 
  Tom...glad to read you got out with the wife to wet a line, awesome! Hope the fishing was better last night or today if you're heading back out!   :thumbsup:   
  Marv...excellent video's!  :clap: :thumbsup: 
  Wally...that's too bad it wasn't just a sensor, dang! Figures they would come up with another foolish design with the fuel pump. Best of luck to Mr.WW on the fix, hope your car passed without any problems yesterday.   :thumbsup:
  H2...good luck out there this morning, nice cool start today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...will be looking for your restaurant review at break....hope you had an enjoyable evening!    :thumbsup:

Running behind this am, but will catch up this afternoon....cawfee's on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12957 on: Jul 19, 2018, 04:39 AM »

It's 50* with clear skies and the expected high is 77* today. ::)
                                 Tom........I'm glad you and Mrs. Turkey got out to fish, I hope you do well on your next trip! :thumbsup:
                                 Bud........That's good news on securing a spot, I hope it works out for you. :clap:
                                 H2l.........Have a good day out on the big lake today! :thumbsup:
                                 Last night at the restaurant was very worth it, we had a table on a deck over the water and the food was really good.
                      I give "The Boathouse" a  :thumbsup: I rate it at a 4.5 star restaurant. :clap:
                                 I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out on the water.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12958 on: Jul 19, 2018, 05:08 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good morning Everyone :bow:

IW glad you had a good time last night, the restaurant sounds great :thumbsup:

Eddie hope you have an excellent day Sir! The week is winding down :thumbsup:

WW how did your car make out? Hope Mr WW can get the truck fixed so you can get back on the water. :thumbsup:

Good luck today h2l :thumbsup:

We have a couple of inches of rain moving in for the next couple of days. It looks like I should have just enough time t get my walk in. Yesterdays fishing was fun. The wife picked a lake close to the metro because they have pretty houses round the lake ??? Yep there sure were, along with a lot of activity on the lake. Talk about a contrasts between yesterday and the lake I was on Tuesday. We managed a few bass and a couple of northern as we worked around the water skiers, and  jet skiers. I couldn't imagine the lake on a weekend :cookoo:

My ride is waiting so time to go.

Best of luck no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12959 on: Jul 19, 2018, 08:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Rain did cool things down and broke the humidity.

Whopper Stopper - beautiful pics of the lake. Looks like it was a good day.

Wally World- that’s always the way when working on the car. They put everything in the weirdest places.

IFF- That’s good you’ll be working full time and there is someone to share the rides with.

Still waiting to hear about the job but my wife is fine tuning my resume for a job as a dispatcher for a local police dept. she really doesn’t want me lifting. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.