Author Topic: Surprise!  (Read 536 times)

Offline KsIcer

• IceShanty Rookie
Surprise!
« on: Dec 17, 2013, 09:06 AM »
Hit up a small watershed that I have fly fished before and caught small bass and nice gills in and was disappointed to discover the deepest spot was only 4.5' deep. :( I went ahead fished it for a minute and a mark showed up 2' below the ice, I raised my small tungsten toad jig tipped with a single red euro larvae up above the mark and instantly had a hit, set the hook and out pops a small 8" crappie! ;D This was repeated many times throughout the morning. Also used a small 1/16oz gold slender spoon tipped with the same euro larvae( I forgot the wax worms at home)and caught several more tiny crappie and 2 LMB's. Also had a nice LMB come unbuttoned in the hole! :) All fish were released to fight another day! :)

"I've spent most of my life fishing.....the rest I've wasted. Lifes too short to only fish on weekends."

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Surprise!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2013, 09:48 AM »
Gotta love those Slender Spoons. Good job.
<===Lefty===

Offline VDueslerIV

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FILL THE STRINGER!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2013, 09:51 AM »
nice man...real nice good surprise
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a shanty, jig and drink beer all day. ”

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2013, 09:57 AM »
Good work.  Those crappie look healthy.  I haven't been able to locate any this year.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2013, 09:58 AM »
Nice job, Joe!  Those look like some pretty good sized crappies.  And a nice bass, too -- you'll have to get back there and get the one that came unbuttoned.  And it's good to see another local fisherman practicing C&R.  The only way to keep front range CO warm water ecosystems fishable.

I'll bet it reminded you of fishing back in KS, too!  :)
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.