Author Topic: Icin' redear, cats, & bass  (Read 1038 times)

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
Icin' redear, cats, & bass
« on: Dec 15, 2013, 09:59 PM »
...and about 100 bluegill.  The best redear of the day was 8.25 oz which would have crushed the current record.  It was just under 9", not huge for a redear but big for Colorado.  Released to fight another day.  Fished for 9.5hrs today.  Caught a ton of 4-8" bluegill, 7 or 8 12-16" bass, some redear up to just under 9", and about 15 or more channel cat from 10-15" with one 18".  Enjoy:

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
Re: Icin' redear, cats, & bass
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2013, 10:13 PM »
attaboy!!
Owe No Man Anything...

coldhand

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2013, 10:47 PM »
Pretty fish.
I really want to get a cat on ice. 

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2013, 12:21 AM »
Nice work!  Looks like you had a great day out there!  Those sunnies are beautiful.  Are those Lindy slick jigs in a few of the photos?  I have some but haven't used them much -- what did u tip em with?
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline KsIcer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2013, 03:14 AM »
Good job!! Oh man you are really making me miss Kansas now!! :) I didn't even know they had redear in Colorado?
"I've spent most of my life fishing.....the rest I've wasted. Lifes too short to only fish on weekends."

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2013, 08:49 AM »
Nice work!  Looks like you had a great day out there!  Those sunnies are beautiful.  Are those Lindy slick jigs in a few of the photos?  I have some but haven't used them much -- what did u tip em with?

Yes, lindy micro slick jigs were the ticket all afternoon.  I bought some last year and wore one out so I bought the set this year.  They have the set of micros at cabelas.  I was adding a trimmed down micro curly tail grub last year, but now I'm tipping them with little atom wedgees.  Yesterday I mostly used white glow.  Tipped with a single wax worm also.

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2013, 10:54 AM »
That looks like an awesome day Shaun! I'm going to be out of town until the 30th but when I get back, we'll have to meet up again on the ice. I fished the Mile Saturday and Sunday and it was slow going, not to mention pretty packed. I think the fish were shocked and got lock jaw. A few nice fish were given up but definitely no numbers for the groups I was in on Sat & Sun.

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2013, 08:14 AM »
That looks like an awesome day Shaun! I'm going to be out of town until the 30th but when I get back, we'll have to meet up again on the ice. I fished the Mile Saturday and Sunday and it was slow going, not to mention pretty packed. I think the fish were shocked and got lock jaw. A few nice fish were given up but definitely no numbers for the groups I was in on Sat & Sun.

Mitch - it wasn't packed on Friday, but the ice mostly cleared of fishermen within 4+ hours as the fish were tightly hugging bottom and pretty much alternating between lock jaw and soft mouth.
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2013, 10:53 AM »
Mitch - it wasn't packed on Friday, but the ice mostly cleared of fishermen within 4+ hours as the fish were tightly hugging bottom and pretty much alternating between lock jaw and soft mouth.

Yeah, it was a tricky, slow bite the two days I was out there too. Managed to find a couple of aggressive fish but the others were picky/lock jaw/light biters.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.