Author Topic: deering reservoir  (Read 3125 times)

Offline fun fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
deering reservoir
« on: Feb 22, 2013, 05:30 PM »
anyone willing to tell me anything about deering reservoir like access ect

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: deering reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2013, 05:34 PM »
I've never tried Deering in the winter because I've heard too many stories of parking tickets and towed vehicles if your not a resident of the town. Excellent fishery in the summer, good luck.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline fun fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2013, 05:55 PM »
Fish and Game site says there is a public access site. Dont want to waste my time if I cant get on the lake or risk getting towed!

Offline NHTROUTNUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Work is for days i don't fish
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2013, 05:57 PM »
You have to park  across from the dam and you will be ok

Offline fun fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2013, 05:59 PM »
Thank you nhtroutnut  ;D I would hate to come off the ice to no truck

Offline WhereDaRainbows

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2013, 06:15 PM »
I fished it 3 or 4 times last year and never had an issue with parking. I can't remember the name of the road but the dam sounds familiar. Deering res is supposedly loaded with smelt so that's what I would use for bait. I used shiners last year while fishing for rainbows and did ok but I'm sure if I used smelt I'd be better off. Good luck man!
"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret." -- Roderick Haig-Brown

Offline fun fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2013, 06:32 PM »
Thanks worth a try

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2013, 07:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure the whole no parking thing is only for the summer. It will say on the sign there but almost positive its during soft water only that you can't park
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2013, 07:43 PM »
In the summer there's a spot for 4-5 trailered rigs that is open to everyone... which is where nhtroutnut is suggesting. I was told they don't plow it in the winter.... guess I need to find a more reliable source lol.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2013, 08:25 PM »
In the summer there's a spot for 4-5 trailered rigs that is open to everyone... which is where nhtroutnut is suggesting. I was told they don't plow it in the winter.... guess I need to find a more reliable source lol.
a few years ago they changed it so you needed a parking permit to park in those spots in which you need to be deering resident to obtain a permit.
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline fun fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2013, 04:45 PM »
Had no problem w parking. Parked across from dam. Fishing was slow.

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2013, 05:44 AM »
anyone fish the far side ?

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 10, 2013, 06:26 AM »
Taking a ride to deeding this morning - anyone been there lately and have an ice update? If not I'll post one this afternoon

Offline TheOutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 10, 2013, 08:34 AM »
Taking a ride to deeding this morning - anyone been there lately and have an ice update? If not I'll post one this afternoon

Haven't been there in a while, but I didn't have any problem with parking last time I was there.  There are signs, but they do not apply to this time of year I believe.

Lots of people were there, some of them googans.  Too much fishing pressure and too few fish for me!
"If firearms cause crimes and kill people, all of the ones I have must be defective."

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 11, 2013, 08:32 AM »
Parking was no issue...

Ice was fine (10 plus black ice), as long as you didn't mind the water and slush on top... just like everywhere else.

Fishing was real slow... some tiny perch  and my buddy got one rainbow on a tip-up..

Still a few houses left on the ice - getting them over the bank at the ramp looks like it will be a chore... not to mention the slush.

At least it was great weather.

Offline Mikepb1987

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Mar 25, 2018, 03:30 PM »
Got out beside the big island got back side access so ice was still good on that side wanted to just get out and fish caught a few other small perch as well good day overall

Offline johnnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2018, 01:54 PM »
Nice day
The smallies on Deering can be very entertaining
I fish it heavily during spring/summer/fall and probably a dozen times in the winter.

The parking issues everyone mentions is the boat trailer parking holds about 10 if everyone parks well and no permit is required.. You can purchase a parking sticker from the town of Deering PD for $10 and you can park non-trailer vehicles on the lake side parking just up hill from the  the dam. This is required from Memorial day on. Best to call Deering PD or Town hall to verify costs as they may change

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.