Massachusetts > Ice Fishing Massachusetts

Kdrill drills??? Help please on the fence

(1/8) > >>

Poncho:
I have an 18 volt makita drill but it is not brushless.  Kdrill specs say it Recommends brushless only.  Will this be enough to turn am 8 inch consistently with out destroying it?   Debating on k drill or ion having a hard time making up my mind.   Thanks guys all input much appreciated.

Poncho:
Little more info on the drill it is 3.0 ah lithium ion.  Cow your right but the kdrill sounds so great in theory,  maybe just invest in the proper drill.   Just curious if folks have had success with drills similar to this one.  Thanks for the response

jchunter:
The K- drill is great but you need the proper drill for it. You will not be happy with the performance of the drill you have now. You will burn it up with enough use. I don't care that it's a half inch smaller than advertised. They should lable it what it is though. If I want a bigger hole I can just drill overlapping holes. You need to decide if chipper or shaver blades suit your style better. Having a powerful drill for year round use is a bonus for me as well.

Jig4perch:
Interesting conversation ... is the question about the K-drill or the drill/driver used to power it.  Assuming the questions embodies both topics here are some considerations:

Brushless is better and will give you more motor and battery life
More battery is better -  5AH is better that 4AH ...
More tourgue and more battery means more performance - choose Fuel or Octane
Assume  Kdrill as designed for Drill/Drivers is better than a typical hand powered Mora, Nils, Etc.

Regardless of which is best ... you can still get the job done is you mix and match.  Example ... I use and older Rigid Drill with a 4AH batter connected to a Nils 6 inch.  It gets the job done ... but it struggles a bit ... :)  If you drive a bigger inch auger ... you will need more power and more battery.

To that end I purchased the OCTANE drill with the high end Octane battery ...which I will put to work this weekend.  I expect the Octane combo will drive any type of auger attachment up to eight inch with relative ease.  Therefore instead of buying a $200 Kdrill ... I bought the New Octane Drill and Battery for $170 ... and can attach my Nils, Mora or any other hand auger and get the job done...and have a great drill for home improvement too.

If you want a pure ICE AUGER PLAY you probably want to get an ION ...

But as has been said ... "opinions are like belly buttons...and we all have one"

Hope this helps guide your decision making.

Best,

Ramp 23:
That drill you have is not up to the task of drilling with the K-drill, 6" or 8".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version