The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Performance Question - Strikemaster Lazer vs Synthetic Lazer Blades  (Read 3152 times)

Offline Raptor22

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey folks, I've been searching but can't seem to find any direct comparison between the cutting performance of the Strikemaster Lazer and Synthetic Lazer hand augers. The two models use different blades, so I'm curious to know if they cut equally well. The Lazer blades are 6" while the synthetic blades are 160mm (6.3"). Also the synthetic lazer blades seem to cost at least $10 more than the standard lazer blades.

Does anybody have any experience with both models that can shed some light on this? Thanks!

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Beware any blades stamped "Made in China" ...

:tipup:
Lobes

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Raptor22

• IceShanty Rookie
Beware any blades stamped "Made in China" ...

Both models use Swedish steel.

Offline wentworth

• IceShanty Rookie
All I can say is the cutting performance of the Strikemaster Lazer is awesome,I can drill through 16 inches of ice in abt 20 seconds ,not bad for a 67 year old.

Dale

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
most likely just a hookset on the ice fishing crew many augers take a reg lazer curved blade

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Stick to the regular style. Reason being you can get blades anywhere.

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Stick to the regular style. Reason being you can get blades anywhere.
Strange that the 6.3" (160mm) blades are standard in Europe. They are available on the Strikemaster website.
If you're looking to save $10 then you should also look for the "MadeInChina" blades which are another $10 cheaper.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline Fisherman-Andy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Strange that the 6.3" (160mm) blades are standard in Europe. They are available on the Strikemaster website.
If you're looking to save $10 then you should also look for the "MadeInChina" blades which are another $10 cheaper.

Not the same blades.  The Synthetic blades are for the Lazer synthetic hand auger which has a composite cutting head.   It cuts a larger hole then the regular lazer hand auger at 6 1/3".  Its also supposedly quicker cutting too.  These blades were only made by Mora and never "china" made as far as I know or remembered.  The china blades happened when Strikemaster at one point decided to experiment with a cheaper prices leading to poor performance and durability.

Offline rickwalley

• IceShanty Rookie
Would anyone know if it's possible to mount a pair of  7" Std. Lazer blades on a 6" Std. Lazer auger assembly?  I've got a 6" and a 8", and want to be able to start drilling primarily 7" holes...but I'd rather not also now own a complete new 7" assembly.  I suppose this idea only works if the mounting of the blades is common from the inner center point outward....including the mounting  hole to hole center lines.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I dought the 7 will go on the 6 but I don't know for sure I do know the 5 and 6 are not interchangeable
Has anyone tried the 6.3 on a 6 lazer ?

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
I dought the 7 will go on the 6 but I don't know for sure I do know the 5 and 6 are not interchangeable
Has anyone tried the 6.3 on a 6 lazer ?

The 6.3 has a 3 screw mount for each blade.
The head that the blades are mounted on, the USA synthetic and the (Euro, Sweden) Mora Nova are identical.

Leave Some For Seed

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
3 screws on the 6.3 sounds like overkill never had a 2 screw issue on any blade even 8 inch

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
3 screws on the 6.3 sounds like overkill never had a 2 screw issue on any blade even 8 inch
The 3 screws in the blades is a bit of overkill but the head on the Euro Nova and the Strikemaster synthetic is molded plastic (probably a form of fiberglas reinforced nylon) so 3 screws is just good engineering.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
AND the 3 screw LazerSynthetic blades on AmazonPrime are $36.21 delivered.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Would anyone know if it's possible to mount a pair of  7" Std. Lazer blades on a 6" Std. Lazer auger assembly?  I've got a 6" and a 8", and want to be able to start drilling primarily 7" holes...but I'd rather not also now own a complete new 7" assembly.  I suppose this idea only works if the mounting of the blades is common from the inner center point outward....including the mounting  hole to hole center lines.

If you wat a 7in.....mount the 7in blades on the 8in auger. The 7 & 8in augers use the same flighting. Difference is when it has 8in blades on it it cuts a little more then a 1/2in more on each side vs the flighting when making a hole leaving more slush.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.