The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: New F1 Rocket by Eskimo  (Read 1802 times)

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
New F1 Rocket by Eskimo
« on: Nov 13, 2017, 03:05 PM »
saw this bad boy pop up on my news feed. I see they range about 400$. The big thing that caught my eye, was the weight of 22#. The viper 2 stroke 33cc engine as well.

Guess im just wondering if anyone has done any field testing with this yet. Shaving off 1/3 of the weight seems like a huge jump in the right direction with a gas engine attached. thought?

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New F1 Rocket by Eskimo
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2017, 05:00 PM »
I like Eskimo augers, and own one...

This new one is similar in weight and features as my 30 year old TCIII powered Mo.. They made em fast, strong and light back then too.

Unfortunately, for any new gas/propane powered augers, its too little too late...

The revolution has begun, all lightning, no thunder...

<°)))>{

Offline superstockbigblock

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2017, 05:29 PM »
Ordered a new one,  hopefully they are a good piece.

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2017, 08:48 PM »
Unfortunately, for any new gas/propane powered augers, its too little too late...

The revolution has begun, all lightning, no thunder...

<°)))>{
We shall see how these electric drills hold up for the long haul. I got 15 years out of my last Jiffy and it is still kicking butt for the guy I sold it to. Running a Solo Laser now with premix e free and love it still.
Curious what the life expectancy of these batteries will be. I can understand a contractor who already uses these drills, but for the average Joe I think it will get pricey. Time will tell.
Time will yel

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2017, 09:19 PM »
We shall see how these electric drills hold up for the long haul. I got 15 years out of my last Jiffy and it is still kicking butt for the guy I sold it to. Running a Solo Laser now with premix e free and love it still.
Curious what the life expectancy of these batteries will be. I can understand a contractor who already uses these drills, but for the average Joe I think it will get pricey. Time will tell.
Time will yel

Here is my Eskimo, very similar to their new one.. Never has failed, put in fences and decks during the off season, approaching 30 years old..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1MWRyYBSw00

Lol..

I'll bet the newest ones are quieter..

But I agree with most points, and am one who has always needed a hammer drill anyway..

One exception to argument of cost, is the Ridgid LSA, even on certain batteries..

<°)))>{

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2017, 04:21 PM »
They look really nice and I'd definitely consider them along with the Mako if I was in the market for a new auger.  I'm still running my 2003 Mako and other than changing the blades, spark plug, fuel line, and gaskets in the carb because of ethanol eating at them I've never had any issues.  It fires up on the first or second pull and cuts through the ice really well.  A lot of how well they're going to hold up is how you take care of them.  If you can't get the non-ethanol gas add some Seafoam and Starttron and that'll prevent the ethanol problems.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.