The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wheeler Ideas!!  (Read 737 times)

Offline mtgrant

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wheeler Ideas!!
« on: Nov 20, 2018, 02:17 PM »
I am looking to customize my quad for ice fishing. Canyon Ferry is my closest lake where I can travel under power. It is several miles to some prime locations. I prefer to not use a towed sled. I normally need a couple buckets, several rods, electronics and some general tackle/gear. The auger can strap down in the front gun racks. I was considering building a bow on the back deck for rod holders and bucket inserts. Maybe a snow shovel rack. I can drive it on and off my trailer and would like a simple but practical way to wheel and deal!
Tight Lines,
Montana Grant

Offline albo

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Wheeler Ideas!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2018, 02:39 PM »
I have broken a set of Kolpin gun racks every year that I hauled my auger in them. I made a plywood rack with an open top box that holds some gear, but mostly the auger. the box portion is smaller than the bottom piece of plywood and the sides have half holes in them from the top down so the auger sits on the handles as well as the thick portion of shaft where it connects to the power head as sell as partway down the auger shaft itself. This keeps me from putting too much pressure on any one spot and it balances in there nicely.
if you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy

Offline Cgasner1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2018, 10:23 PM »
I had my auger as far forward on the rack of my quad as possible and was able to put my Engel in between to and the handle bars and mounted a tote on the back for all my other gear worked great no sled

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2018, 05:14 AM »
Lots of ideas on here in other threads.  This is one. https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=317743.0

Offline Duke22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2018, 11:17 AM »
I got so tired of trying to pack everything on my wheeler (auger,tip ups, bait, cooler, KIDS) that I bought a trailer.  Haul the machine on it on the way to the lake, then hook it to the machine when fishing.  So much more enjoyable to not have to worry about stuff falling off on the way out. It’s a 6x8, hardly weighs anything.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.