The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: what town needs a bait tackle shop?  (Read 3268 times)

Offline jagmt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: what town needs a bait tackle shop?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 11, 2013, 10:01 PM »
I like stores like the one at the Silos on CF. Its not always convenient but they do a great job of stocking relevent lures and jigs. If you find a store you like share it so this forum cannot support local quality shops. The large box stores are jot interested providing quality and plentiful ice fishing supplies. I have no problem paying a bit more to support local. Only my choice.

Offline jagmt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 11, 2013, 10:03 PM »
Sorry so we can support local shops.

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2013, 10:07 PM »
The Cenex in Townsend carries a pretty good selection too.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2013, 10:16 PM »
I don't think anyone needs to worry about Cabelas putting Snappy's out of business. In fact, look for a major expansion of the fishing and gun department at Snappy's over the next several weeks.  In fact, look for a whole new look to the place. :thumbsup: :woot: :woot:

They know their strong suits and are going to play to them. I am STOKED about it.  And, if you price things at Cabelas, they are rarely cheaper than anywhere else.  They have the BUYING POWER, and thats about where the advantage ends. 

And in a small store/outpost type place, how much do you suppose Cabelas will devote to fishing...when they have SO many lines.  A small, homegrown local store like Snappy's, who can cater to their strengths, will prevail. Exciting news for sure. ;D
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2013, 10:19 PM »
What town doesn't need a tackle shop!
Mom and Pops are the best!
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2013, 11:06 PM »
I don't think anyone needs to worry about Cabelas putting Snappy's out of business. In fact, look for a major expansion of the fishing and gun department at Snappy's over the next several weeks.  In fact, look for a whole new look to the place. :thumbsup: :woot: :woot:

They know their strong suits and are going to play to them. I am STOKED about it.  And, if you price things at Cabelas, they are rarely cheaper than anywhere else.  They have the BUYING POWER, and thats about where the advantage ends. 

And in a small store/outpost type place, how much do you suppose Cabelas will devote to fishing...when they have SO many lines.  A small, homegrown local store like Snappy's, who can cater to their strengths, will prevail. Exciting news for sure. ;D
halleluya....right on!!!! snappys rocks.....cabella's makes millions thru mail order and online....they wont miss our biz...support the homegrown!!!!!

Offline allweather fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 12, 2013, 07:16 PM »
Belgrade needs one the closest we have is true value and bozeman is the #1 fishing town in mt
Here fishy fishy...

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 12, 2013, 07:35 PM »
We have had a couple other stores try it in C.Falls and Whitefish that didn't make it. What about Polson?? Seems to me that something might work there? Anyone from down there chime in??

Offline mtjigalo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 12, 2013, 08:06 PM »
Just wanted to chime in on the cabelas thing. I quit supporting them when they got into the high-end real estate game. It's been quite a few years since they saw my money. Snappy's will continue to offer a much better overall experience and that, combined with the local vs. chain thing, makes it an easy choice. Perch Assault - can't wait to get up there and check out the expansion.

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 12, 2013, 08:20 PM »
We have had a couple other stores try it in C.Falls and Whitefish that didn't make it. What about Polson?? Seems to me that something might work there? Anyone from down there chime in??

You've got Zimmer's in Pablo, Sports and Western and Westland in Ronan...market is a bit saturated I think.

Offline captain stubie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lip ripper!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 12, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Helena probably has some of the highest concentration of fisher-people in the state. For some reason there isn't a single decent sport shop that has everything a guy would need, soft or hard water. It seems like there are select few items i have to get at capital, then i have to go to wholesale for a few other things (which usually ends with me cussing and leaving with nothing), then when desperation sets in you look at bob wards and usually go home and order it off the internet. Of all these shops i run to i also end up buying bait out at bobs valley market...its sad!

Couldn't have said it better!!!
its better to have hooked and lost then to never have hooked at all.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #41 on: Jan 12, 2013, 09:33 PM »
Westland doesn't have much yet ( hopefully they will), Ronan sports and western  hasn't had anything for the past 15 years, Zimmers stuff is pretty blah, Missoula is empty. There are a lot of people here that ice fish, doesn't matter if they go somewhere else to do it. Still need gear. That leaves Kalispel as the only place in W MT.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #42 on: Feb 13, 2013, 09:17 PM »
Hear a rumor Wholesale is turning back into Sportsmans Wharehouse....not sure if it means less empty pegs or not.

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #43 on: Feb 13, 2013, 09:23 PM »

I bet there's not one in Ismay yet and probably no competition for miles around either.  :wacko:
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline Punchahole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Feb 13, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Helena seems like it could use a bait tackle shop run by those who understand the sport of fishing through a hole, but remember whoever opens it probably won't fish anymore... Ha ha

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #45 on: Feb 13, 2013, 10:03 PM »

WORDS OF WISDOM

hey, speaking of Wisdom ... is there a bait shop in that town?
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline YETI_MILK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Feb 14, 2013, 08:12 AM »
Where or what town would you like to see a tackle or bait shop go up?  would you like to see as rental of some sort as well? Canoe /raft

I would also like to inquire about which town or area u think needs abait/tascle shop and also would you like to see as rental for raft or canoe.
Whats do you drink on the ice? I like beer. any advise is greatly appreciated

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.