Author Topic: DECIDED ON LITTLE BAY DE NOC BUT NEED SOME "GUIDANCE".  (Read 3315 times)

Offline minnesotaboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks for all of your help on my previous posts. My buddy and I did decide on LBDN. I am having a tough time hiring a guide for the 22nd of Feb. So I am wondering where I can get info from? I would like to stay at a resourt close to the water, if possible.kind of a "one stop shop" (bait , tackle, and fishing tips).

Any help here would greatly be appreciated!!! We ahve been talking about fishing Michigan for years, now that we are, we want to make the best of it.

flockshot

Re: DECIDED ON LITTLE BAY DE NOC BUT NEED SOME "GUIDANCE".
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2007, 03:31 PM »
little bay de noc gets talked about alot in almost every michigan magizine publication....michiga n sportsmen etc...id do a google or yahoo search and see what comes up..should be a fair amount...i know theres multiple little towns all around the bay so finding lodging and stuff shouldnt be a problem....hopefully you get some more responses from the guys up here. they can be alot of help.

Offline slimechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Who ya gonna call?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2007, 03:36 PM »
Very best of luck MB. I have lived in the LP for 30 + years and have always wanted to hit little and big bays De noc. I can't help you here but am very interested in how things go for you. Please keep us posted and take lots of pics!
Official Capt Ahab of the MIRC - "thar she blows"  
 Got nymph?   Some days your the bug and some days your the windshield.

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2007, 07:31 PM »
Hey Minnisotaboy try 
www.baydenoc.com
they might help you out a little
Mike

Offline HuntCast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2007, 07:09 PM »
Thanks for all of your help on my previous posts. My buddy and I did decide on LBDN. I am having a tough time hiring a guide for the 22nd of Feb. So I am wondering where I can get info from? I would like to stay at a resourt close to the water, if possible.kind of a "one stop shop" (bait , tackle, and fishing tips).

Any help here would greatly be appreciated!!! We ahve been talking about fishing Michigan for years, now that we are, we want to make the best of it.

Fist of all...... good luck! Little and Big Bay de Noc are great places to visit.

Resort??? That may be stretching it some, lol. But there are several motels close by. Shouldn't have much competition from snowmobilers then, as the snow is WAY down this year.

Try here for your motel list.

Offline creekncabin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2007, 11:37 PM »
minnesotaboy, try sall-mar resort in rapid river, mi   # 906-474-6918.  ken and kevin lee know alot about the bays de noc i am not sure if they are booked for that weekend but they could send you in the right direction if they are.  you can see the web sight by searching for sall-mar resort.

Offline creekncabin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2007, 11:47 PM »
also go to http://www.sallmarresort.com/reports.htm    this is the best sight to get daily info on the bays de noc.   ice conditions, reports, hot lures, pictures etc. it will get you fired up for your trip.   my group of guys are coming up to little bay the week of feb 15th---18th  got to be back home for the daytona 500 you know.  i will try to let you know how we did.

Offline minnesotaboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2007, 01:59 PM »
Thanks guys! I did exchange e-mails w/ Kevin and he was very helpful, but unfortunately they are booked for that weekend. We are staying at a motel by the boat launch (Shorewood?) and Mark Peloza will be our guide. I will keep you posted.

thanks

Offline creekncabin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2007, 02:10 PM »
minnesotaboy, sounds like they are getting good ice forming.  10" to 12" on the upper bay. atv traffic and some light trucks also.  with the cold weather, it should be good for ya.  if you dont mind me asking did you rent the guide for the weekend or one day to get you started.   how much$

Offline minnesotaboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2007, 07:01 AM »
We rented the guide for one day, for $250 (two of us). He said that he would help us throughout the weekend. I am happy to hear that the ice is getting thick! We probably could have stayed in the sleeper and fished all night. But I dont know the lakes up there and I dont want to take any chances. It seems that everyone I have talked to is very cautious (good thing) about driving on the lakes. I wished some of the boys in MN. would use the same caution. There has been at least 8 trucks go through this year on Mille Lacs alone!

Oh well.... Thanks for the info.

Hopefully I will be posting some nice pics around Feb.26th!

Offline skeeter12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2007, 06:44 PM »
Hello guys. Skeeter here. My son, a buddy and myself will be going up on the 20 -24.  I have never fished the area either.  Wondering if you guys could help me out with some info as well. To be honest can't afford a guide. Not a disgrace just a bit unhandy.  But would love to catch some fish and make it a trip to remember. Always wanted to fish up there so decided to just make the trip.  Will be staying at the Bayview.  Honestly would really appreciate any help you would give us. If you want a cell number let me know. Thanks so much. Skeeter
Best bass and walleye boat cleaner headquarters - Cleanest site on the net

Offline axtell31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2007, 10:20 PM »
Well there is a lot of great places to fish, but your best bet would be to leave from the terrace bay in and fish right off that break.  It is almost directly behind the motels, but I think they charge like 2 dollars a day to go from there.  Not sure though,  I usually start at the boat launch in gladstone and fourwheeler down.  The guy who runs the baitshop at the bayview motels will be a lot of help though.  If you want any more specifac information send me an e-mail at [email protected],  maybe I could set you up with some of my special areas.

Offline skeeter12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2007, 08:58 AM »
Thanks so much really really appreciate it. Nels
Best bass and walleye boat cleaner headquarters - Cleanest site on the net

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.