Author Topic: Should I go to Gander Mt. in Marquette or Fleet Farm in Green Bay?  (Read 2860 times)

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
On wednesday I'm planning to take the kids to the mall to get my wife's Xmas gift and I wanna stop and check out some gear and not sure which store I should go to. We live in Norway and we are the same distance to both locations. If you had your choice which one would you go to? By the way, I ordered my wife's Xmas gift online and it arrived 2 weeks ago but she still thinks that we are shopping for her. LOL!! 15 years of marriage teaches you alot.
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
Fleet farm. Way cheaper and better selection.

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
fleet farm in appleton had a bigger selection of ice gear then greenbay when i was down there a few weeks back.. it may have changed now iam not sure... i went to scheels also they had a good selection of everything but i think fleetfarm had more stuff and way better prices

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If you have the choice of direction for that 100 mile drive, head south definitely! Much better selection and prices.

Offline huntandfish

• IceShanty Rookie
Dont get me started on the gander in Marquette!!!  Lets just say i will be ordering offline or hitting up a bait shop in a nearby town vs going to gander!!!

Offline IcePro

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Have Fish House Will Travel"
Go to Greenbay since they have both Mills Fleet Farm and Gander Mountain.
It must be ICE FISHING SEASON, my wife has increased my "Life Insurance Policy"

Offline grapestomper

• IceShanty Rookie
Green Bay also has Joe Bargain hunter, down by Dicks sports.  Lots of good stuff.  Selection varies each time.

Offline mjbmxz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Holy balls it's gonna pull us through the ice!
The little longer drive from Green Bay to Appleton's Fleet Farm is worth it.  The new store is huge and they have a great selection of ice fishing gear.
Just Jiggle it, Jiggle It  :D

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well, as much as I would like to spend my money in MI. I think I'm gonna have to take everyones advice and head south. Also, I think instead of Green Bay we will keep on truckin and end up at the Fleet Farm in Appleton. I've heard from others that store is a MONSTER and after I'm done we can just drive on over to the mall on the other side of the hwy. Thanks for everyones advice.
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
Gander mtn of Appleton is just a couple of minutes away from fleet too.

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline upfisherman98

• IceShanty Rookie
I try to stay away from gander mountain also , I get all my smaller fishing stuff(lures,jigs,spoons bait etc from chris at bay view bait and tackle , nice to know your money is going to support local folks , But all my bigger stuff I usually order from Blains farm and fleet , just got a brand new eskimo stingray ice auger from them for 250$ and was only 12$ to ship from madison to Ishpeming and only took 2 days , also got a vexilar fl8se gentz pack for 270$ , was an extra 5$ added to my shipping for that also and came in seperate box , again 2 day fed ex delivery.

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well we just left joes bargain hunter. Not that impressed and now we are at mills fleet farm and all I can say is, WOW!!!!!
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
Yeah, Joe BH is hit-or-miss. Lots of crap...but most of it is just that, crap. I knew you'd be impressed with FF.

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
My 15 year old son/fishing buddy just made the comment, " Mills Fleet Farm is like the Mall of America for sporting goods".
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Mills is definitely "The Man Store"!  ;D

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
We call it "The Man's Mall".

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Here is a list of events from our bug trip today. On the way down I made a deal with the kids. If you let dad look for fishing stuff without complaining I will go in any and every store at Fox Valley Mall with you guys. They agreed. Like I said earlier Joe's BH was cleaned out by the time we got there so we left in a hurry. Seems like a cool store though. We got to Mills and when we walked in I swear I heard my son gasp for a second. LOL! Mills is awesome and had by far the largest selection of any store I've been to. The only problem is that there is not that big of a selection there. There were only two different brands of tipups there. H-T and Beaver Dams. I do like the BD but am not a fan of anything HT makes. To me HT products just won't take the test of time and when I buy things in life I don't mind spending the extra money for something to last. BD are great and I already own two of there tipups. I was really hoping to see brands that I only read about on this website I.E. Jack Traps, 40 ups, Lakers and so on but, no such luck. It was the same situation at Scheels, HT and BD. Not sure if it's because both companies are in WI. but I might try to call some of the other companies and see if they have ever thought about selling in stores like Fleet Farm or Scheels. All and all it was a great day and I walked away with a couple new toys to try out soon. Thanks again for advising me to go to Fleet Farm it was well worth the trip. As a side note it's always funny to see the look on my kids face when we get out of the U.P. and see how the "others" live.
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
Why not just order online and get what YOU want....instead of having to settle with one of the two choices a store ran by someone who probally doesn't even fish choice!       All this talk.and go figure I had to get a gander mtn gift card yesterday.....lol

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
@ BIG ARN. I normally do all of my shopping online but sometimes I like to look at things in person to see if I might not like it for what ever reason. Besides it was a two part trip, first part, let dad look for new gear second part, let the kids go to the mall. I still wish we had a larger selection of products to choose from.
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
I hear ya.....I like to hold something in my hands before I buy it too!  I got burned on a guitar I bought online a few years ago. But had pretty decent luck since.  Can usually find a lot of product reviews and info on fishing stuff.    I couldn't believe I went to gander yesterday and they actually had what I was looking for.....I guess there's a first for everything!  LoL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.