Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607399 times)

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12690 on: Jun 13, 2018, 06:13 PM »
I keep telling myself....I'm to young to have old age aches and panes  ::) ::)
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12691 on: Jun 13, 2018, 06:56 PM »
Good Evening Bud, Evening Everyone,
  Mostly cloudy and 70* at the moment, looks like some pretty strong winds and rain/possible hail making its way here a little later on. We had pretty decent weather today, low 70's and just a nuisance rain around 10am that didn't last more than 20 minutes or so....got the day in anyway!

Bud...I'm with you on that one!  ;D.  Sounds like you had a long day unloading trailers again....try Epsom salts in a nice hot bath, and then maybe a few fingers of something on the rocks! Hope things are going well at the job for you! :thumbsup:
  Steve...signed on this morning, let the dogs out to do their thing, only one came back in. My older dog went beyond the invisible electric fence probably chasing something, had to retrieve him as he would get shocked trying to come back, Doh! Glad to read you located a Dr. and are feeling a little better, best wishes with a full recovery soon!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...hope they take a good long look at your reply with that survey, glad things are better with the new podiatrist. Congrats to your wife putting her foot down, that Association board sounds like it needs a change... :thumbsup:
  H2...nice job with the fishing! Good luck with the contest Saturday if you enter, suppose to be up in the 80's* last report I heard.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...sorry to hear the weather messed up your day, some big waves out there! Glad you got into a few to fight with anyway.  :clap:  Any trips planned locally this week?
  Jeff...good report on your hand, excellent! Hope the pains have passed and the strength is building back up. How's MW and his business doing? Hope all is well and he's keeping busy!   :thumbsup:
   Marv...thanks for sharing the video, they are a curious animal and fun to watch! Looks like the gummy bears are working nicely....sure would be nice to see you get some pictures soon of a big old boar, good luck!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45...Hope the injections are helping Sir! How's the job going?

Starting at 5 again tomorrow, hopefully they'll continue these hours with the hot weather creeping in. Had a pretty nice day today, farmers market was up and running and there was a Dixie Land band playing some enjoyable music as we wrapped up the day.
  Lots of school kids around on their field trips to the Capitol and Museum this week, they're always funny to watch doing their kids stuff as they pass by. Saw one kid today walking on his hands....thought for sure he was going to walk /fall right into one of the pools, it was close! Good stuff.... :roflmao:
  Hope everyone had a great day....catch up to you all on break tomorrow!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12692 on: Jun 14, 2018, 05:10 AM »

Good morning Er's,
                              It's 58* and very windy here on my hill with partly clear or cloudy skies. I can't figure out the difference. ???
                              Bud.........I keep telling my body the same thing but it keeps telling me ouch! :roflmao:
                              Steve.......I'm glad to hear that you have some relief, my hand should be good to go by September. :thumbsup:
                              Eddie.......As Art Linkletter use to say kids say or do the funniest things. :roflmao:
                              Wally........Fishing is all about the weather, I was told wind from the west fishing the best, wind out of the east fishing the least! :woot:
                              H2L.........Good job waiting out the wind and getting on the fish! :thumbsup:
                              Back to my therapy today, I think we're are going to discuss how much longer I will be going since not much improvement has been
                      made in the 8+ weeks I've been going! ::)
                              In hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out on the waves!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12693 on: Jun 14, 2018, 06:48 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....good job on the walters  :thumbsup: :bow: funny how some things never make the news  ::)

IFF.....x2 on the aches & pains  :pinch:  glad you and the others are able to work so well together  :flex:  makes work so much easier

WS.....getting everything crossed off the packing list  ???  best of luck landing some trophys  ;D

Eddie.....kids & animals, never a dull moment with either one of them around  :woot:  glad you were able to bring your buddy back home ok  ;)

IW.....glad to hear the hand is healing well  :clap:  seems after 8 weeks of therapy there should be some improvement  :-\  hope you & therapist find the answer soon  :)

TT......think those surveys get trashed if they don't give a glowing report that can be used as advertisement  ::)  but it always feels good to get it off your chest  ;)

Sunny and WINDY today, checked a couple web cams of local lakes, some pretty good whitecaps in view  :o :o  yesterday's rain took care of the humidity, the air is much lighter today  :thumbsup: not much going on, cleaning the boat is top of the to-do list. The cottonwood "snow" was HORRIBLE on Erie  :%$#!:  lost a couple fish while trying to clear it off the line  :'(  the inside of the boat is covered with it, worse than worm bedding >:(

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12694 on: Jun 14, 2018, 07:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Just got back from my walk, just ahead of Mr. Muggy coming to town for a few days. The weather guessers are all over the board as to what the next 3-4 days will bring, other than Dew points in the 70's and temps in the mid 90's.

The girls are heading out tomorrow to start their week in Northern WI. I am going to catch up with them on Saturday evening weather dependent. There is talk of storms in the area they are planning to fish, so they will let me know if I should head up Sat or hold off a day or two.

Yesterday I took the boat to a lake on the outskirts of the jungle. All was quiet when I arrived just before light. By the time I left the lake the trucks and trailers were backed up waiting to get on. I was again throwing for muskies and all I caught was a 16" bass. The water is very clear so watching your baits 10'-12' down was different, however after a half day of flinging big stuff I was ready to head for home.

Hope everyone has an excellent Thursday :thumbsup: Above all else stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12695 on: Jun 14, 2018, 07:23 AM »
WS....I forgot to mention that crazy wall climbing raccoon you have put there, funny as all get out watching him on the news 😂

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12696 on: Jun 14, 2018, 07:53 AM »
Off in a few for a Diabetes appointment. It will take a little longer both ways as there is an LPGA golf tournament that there is no way to get around getting to the city other than taking the ex-way which is full of construction. >:( At least it isonly the first day so it might not be that bad. The wife is taking a friend into the city tomorrow for an MRI so she will have to deal with more traffic. Luckily I am headed the other way tomorrow to pickup my meds and bread.

eddie and ww. I have not filled out the survey yet. I doubt that what I say will make any difference but it will be good to get it off of my chest.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12697 on: Jun 15, 2018, 04:33 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                                 It's 55* and cloudy here on my hill the guessers claim clearing for this afternoon. ::)
                                 Wally.........Clean up of the cottonwood spores must be a P I A  to remove especially when they are wet! :%$#!:
                                 Tom...........When I go to therapy it's a 70 mile trek down the interstate I try to make my appointments for 10 am. It only takes
                      and hour and 10 minutes but if I have a 9:30 appointment it take 2 hours because of traffic. ::)
                                 Marv..........Sorry to read that you zeroed out on the Muskie hunt maybe next time. I hope the weather cooperates for you tomorrow
                      so you can join the ladies. :thumbsup:
                                 Not too much going on today, just a little prep for a BBQ that my wife is hosting on Sunday for our family and a couple of friends.
                      Instead of the usual hamburgers  and hot dogs I got a good deal on some chicken and ribs. :flex:
                                 I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or fishing.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12698 on: Jun 15, 2018, 05:43 AM »
IW   I try to make all of my appointments at 10 am or after to avoid the traffic too. Gladly there was not much traffic around that LPGA tournament yesterday.

The appointment went great as usual with the doctor,yesterday. He spent a little time explaining some things to the wife about what she thought was a thyroid issue that he does not think that is the problem. she has an appointment with another doc in that office next month so hopefully the cause of her problem can get figured out.

ww I hope this link works for you. The whole program last night was about walleyes. www.michiganoutofdoors tv.com  Jimmy that owns the program just celebrated his 1,000th episode. They put out a show every week and 99% of it is all new. They travel all over the state to do their shows but are based out of west Michigan. One of the segments is done on the Detroit river in down town Detroit. The resturant that the recipies are done at is not far from me at a high end developement.

When they do another episode on musky I will post it for Marvs benifit.

So much for cheap gas on my way over to the other place today. The town I usually fill up at went from $2.65 to $3.05 yeaterday like every one else did here. It was only down to the high $2.90's here, but went to $3.10.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12699 on: Jun 15, 2018, 05:53 AM »
56 and cloudy. Very windy yesterday.
IW, I hear you. Our trips to NYC can be a pain if we are getting to the George Washington Bridge a the wrong time. We will be making the trip on Tuesday for the first time in about 3 months. We have to be there at 7:30 so should be across the bridge by 7am.

Haven't made up my mind yet, it I want to fish the contest in the morning. I know there will be a lot of bass fishermen/women out. Plus, fishing in the contest, I usually jinx myself. I think I feel bad about having to kill a walleye just to enter it into the contest.

Have a good day...Be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12700 on: Jun 15, 2018, 06:20 AM »
Morning all,

TT......thanks for the link to the walleye program  :thumbsup:  I'll be watching it with my next cup of coffee  ;)

H2L.....x2 on killing a fish  :(   very few end up in our live well, usually only the ones that can't get revived  :-\

IW......that cottonwood is brutal when wet >:(  very frustrating trying to reel in a fish when you have to stop part way to try to pull that stuff off & you feel the fish shake himself off  :%$#!:  how was therapy yesterday  ???

WS.....how's the weather looking for vacation  ???  safe travels & good luck to "the girls"  ;)2 :flex:

MrC.....hope each day has you feeling a little better sir  :)

Eddie....TGIF  :clap: :thumbsup:

Today is mowing/yard work day here & at camp. Sunny & mild today, tomorrow the temps start climbing & the humidity moves in.....90* forecast for Sunday, thanks IFF  :woot:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12701 on: Jun 15, 2018, 06:24 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like it’s going to be a cloudy day. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12702 on: Jun 15, 2018, 06:56 AM »

A short night on this end last night as the girls are pumped about their week off. We went out for pizza and a few beers and all they could talk about is who will catch the first, the most, the biggest, the shortest, and the last :roflmao: I am sure there were other categories but I lost track, they are quit the pair. The weather sounds rough in the area they are heading with rains expected at close to 4". The one thing they have in their favor is there are tons of little lakes that they plan on hitting.

TT I always enjoy watching shows on muskies. If I wasn't so cheap I would head to some good muskie waters for a few days and quench the thirst. The area lakes have some but it is tough going. Of 3 local lakes that were included in the last tournament there were 8 muskies caught. That part sounds good except each lake had upwards of 25 teams slinging big stuff hunting for a fish.

Good luck to you h2l if you enter tomorrow, I hear you on killed fish :thumbsup:

WW don't over do the mowing, good idea beating the heat. Dew points close to 75 here with mid 90's the next couple of days, and the promise of some sever storms throughout the area. Things are shaky at best for my heading north. The girls just take it in stride and go sight seeing and shopping when they can't fish, I personally have little time for that.

Hope everyone enjoys their day no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12703 on: Jun 15, 2018, 06:18 PM »
Greetings fellow 9;45ers nice day with temperature in the seventies , Sunday and Monday are forecast to be hot and humid . I'm doing better today then yesterday after working Wednesday night into Thursday morning felt run down and had hard time recovering from work day next doctor visit is on the 20Th .
Tom Turkey thank you for the link good program. Glad you had no traffic problems on way to and from latest doctors visit.
Wallyworld hope the boat is cleaned and ready for next trip. Looks like Summer's arrival will be hot and humid across most of NYS .
Hunts2long have a safe trip on Tuesday glad the need to make such a lengthy trip is getting less frequent.
IFF the aches and pains seem to get all of us over time.
Eddie any fishing in your weekend plans? Enjoy what you can of all the various events going on by your work area this Summer.
Ice Wanderer may your therapist and doctors find exercise that benefit your hand so you have a better quality of life. Enjoy the barbeque with family and friends.
Whopper Stopper may the weather give you and the girls a couple good days of fishing. Heavy rains put a damper on fishing .

Have a pleasant evening .
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12704 on: Jun 16, 2018, 02:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 54* this am, high of 80 here today.

Steve...hope you're feeling a little better today. No fishing plans for the weekend, will be working today, but thinking about  a short morning trip tomorrow. Bass season opens today and there's a nice pond close by chock full of largemouths, maybe  a few casts anyway.
  Marv..sounds like the ladies are super excited for their trip, awesome! Best of luck to both of them in their quest for bragging rights, hopefully the weather cooperates as well.  :thumbsup:  Looks like some of that hot weather you've been having will be arriving here tomorrow.
  Wally...hope your lawn chores went well yesterday. Any fishing trips coming up?
  H2...good luck today if entering the contest, some nice weather to be out anyway!  :thumbsup:
  Tom..thanks for the link! Did you get the Toon fired up?
  Jeff...chicken and ribs , nice choice! Hope your hand is coming along ok, have a great time with family and friends tomorrow!   :thumbsup:

We had some crazy weather yesterday, off and on rain throughout the morning and the temperature going up and down every 5 minutes it seemed, just a strange day.
  Helping a buddy out with a good sized concrete pour this am for a big pole barn, 90yds. of the gray stuff coming starting at 6. He's got most of our crew plus a few coming, so it should go pretty good as long as the trucks are on time.
  Well, time to get ready, about an hour ride to meet up with the crew...cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12705 on: Jun 16, 2018, 04:15 AM »
48* this morning. Well, I got into the contest. Will be on the water at six. As they say "hey, you never know".
My daughter is coming up later this morning and I will pick her up at the launch. We are doing fathers day, today.

Have a good one....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12706 on: Jun 16, 2018, 04:56 AM »

Good morning Eddie, H2L, ER's,
                               It's 53* and clear on my hill this morning a nice warm day expected today! :thumbsup:
                               Eddie.......I hope the pour goes well, 90 yrds. that's a big building. ::)
                               H2L.........I hope you do well in the tournament and have a good day with your daughter. :thumbsup:
                               Steve.......I'm glad you're feeling better, I hope the new Dr. can figure it out. ???
                               Marv.........Wow, the girls are really excited about their trip, I hope it goes well for all of you! :flex:
                               Wally........Did you get the best of the chores done? ???
                               Not much going on here, I'm going to attempt mowing my lawn today with one hand doing most of the pushing. :blink:
                               I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12707 on: Jun 16, 2018, 06:29 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.......hope the job goes smoothly today  :)  good luck if you chase a few bass this weekend  ;)

H2L......you gotta be in it to win it, good luck  ;)2 

MrC.....hope the hot humid weather coming this way doesn't cause a set back in your recovery  :-\  stay in the a/c as much as possible

IW.....go easy on the mowing, don't need to be popping any stitches   :nono:  ;D

WS.....hope you're on the road ready to relax and enjoy your first summer fishing trip  ;)   thought of you yesterday when a guy showed me a pic of the 54"musky he caught this spring  :o  :flex:  :bow:  what a beast  :woot:

Chores are mostly caught up so I think a bike ride somewhere might be on the agenda today  :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12708 on: Jun 16, 2018, 07:44 AM »

Mid 90's, storms and rain and hail scattered throughout the area :%$#!:. It appears after Monday the weather is going to straighten up but until then nothing good about it.

The girls use Hobie kayaks and have for a few years, they are a very nice pedal kayak and the pedal feature allows full use of arms for casting rather than paddling. Last year the wives kayak started leaking in the hull. We started looking and found a crack where the drive fits in. We went around and around with the company and they finally replaced the hull with a new one, however they wouldn't warranty it ???

Last fall the new hull began leaking and again we went around and around with the dealer. They finally said to bring it in and they would weld the crack and pressure test it. I believe the wife used it twice after the fix last fall and all seemed well. Last week the girls went out for a day in preparation for this week's trip. When it came time to load it they found it again was leaking :%$#!:

The wife called the dealer and gave a pretty frantic plea because the trip depended on it being ready to go. The dealer said to get it in and they would take care of it immediately and they would get it finished in plenty of time for the trip. It was picked up late Thursday and of course yesterday they left. I got a call from the wife yesterday afternoon just to hear her crying (I hate that) because the damn thing still leaks, and she is both scared of it getting worse, and concerned about loss of stability with a few gallons of water in it. She had called the dealer and was told that the new ones are made different, so they are done trying to fix her 3 year old unit, however they would give her $50 off a new $3500 skiff :cookoo:. It's a good thing I have had anger management classes a couple of times because the whole fiasco has me wanting to make a trip to the jungle and pay them a visit. I am not sure what's going to happen, between the weather and the leak, their frustration is growing

Yesterday I made a quick run to the shack to replenish the bait in the pit. According to the camera the bears had found the bait the day after we were there and they spent the entire day last Saturday eating and hanging out. I believe I had about 15 videos of the same sow and three kids, very similar to the video I had posted.

Hope you all have an excellent Saturday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12709 on: Jun 16, 2018, 09:19 AM »
Slow getting started this morning after dragging the logs out to where we stack firewood to dry in the sun. I had forgotten that I had bought a loggers choker to drag logs with. It worked great on all but a couple of small logs that were hung up over head in a tree. With it being short I was afraid the logs would end up going through the back window of my van. I got out the long snatch strap I had used to drag logs out of the woods with for years. No problem getting them out of where they were hung up.

There is some nasty weather out over the big lake this morning. The wife just left to go to a baby shower for her niece. She made the cake for it last night and froze it over night so the butter cream frosting would not melt with the heat. Hopefully she does not run into much bad weather on her way to the city.

Eddie Thinking about any of the grey stuff coming down the chute makes my back ache. Thinking of 90 yards has me thinking of going back to bed because of a horrible back ache. I got side tracked on some other stuff so I have not even put the battery back in the toon. After the wife came back from putting a sticker on a new home owners toon I guess I better get it in the water as he has found some of the big perch with his fishing boat.

WS I thought those kayaks looked neat when they first came out but I do not think I can sit in a kayak with my back problems. I think I would be going to the corporate with all of the problems your wife has had with hers. If they would not do any thing, my next move would be to see if one of the problem solvers on a local tv station would be interested in taking on her problem. The one on our local Fox station has done wonders for a lot of people.

Hopefully the sow brings in a shootable bear.

Gotta get going as I have a bathroom sink to plumb up today. Every one have a good day what ever you are up to.

ww There were a lot of real bikes on the road yesterday. They must have been on the road to beat the 90's this weekend. I never saw a crotch rocket.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12710 on: Jun 16, 2018, 08:47 PM »
Good evening doing better today sister and brother in law were up helped get windows cleaned at house also installed combo smoke-carbon monoxide detectors in basement and living area plus smoke detector in each bed room.  Lawn also mowed just a few area need to be hit with string trimmer. Being the corner lot part of it takes a yearly beating from snow plows.
Eddie have fun with the bass if you get out tomorrow. Hope your side job went smoothly and did not have to wait to long for concrete truck/trucks.
Hunts2long how did your daughter and you fare at the contest. Nice that the two of you could spend the day fishing.
Ice Wanderer did you get the lawn done with out to many problems or much pain.
Wallyworld did you get the bike ride in seeing more of your motorcycling brothers and sisters on the roads as temperatures rise.
Whopper Stopper sorry to read of problems with your wife's kayak do you have any other type of boat available to use on the trip. May you only loose fishing time due to weather over the weekend. Watched Babe  Winkleman's show this morning he was fishing for Muskie somewhere in Ontario Canada thought of you watching the program.
Tom Turkey did you get all the firewood stacked for drying. Hope the cake survived trip to baby shower .

Have a good night check back in the morning to see who has posted stay Safe. Happy Fathers Day to all the dads on this thread.
Steve

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12711 on: Jun 16, 2018, 09:38 PM »
Evening all, Got in two days of fishing, Friday by myself, everything I found were short.  Joined another couple guys today, got caught up on the latest gab, caught bunches of short but healthy ones.  Ended the day with 2 to bring home.  As expected the lake was a zoo with skiers and wake boarders.  Got called this evening from one I fished with today wanting to know if I would go with tomorrow, but have to pass as the kids want to do a get together for Fathers Day.  Still a chance I will get out for a few hours Monday.

Still looking for the moisture Hurricane Bud was supposed to deliver.  Only a few sprinkles here and there.

Hope everyone's Fathers Day goes well.

Bummer about the kayak Marv.

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12712 on: Jun 17, 2018, 03:18 AM »

Good Morning ER's,
                        Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers on IS, enjoy the day you guys deserve it!  :woot:
                        It's 60* and clear skies here on my hill a great day for a BBQ. :thumbsup:
                        Eddie...........I hope you had a good pour yesterday, did get a chance to chase the Bass? ???
                        Bud.............Nice Eyes, have a good visit with the kids. :thumbsup:
                        Wally...........It was a nice day yesterday, did you get your ride in? I had to run a errand by the time I got home my wife had the lawn
                mowed for me. :clap: :flex:
                        Marv............That sucks with that kayak, Jenny's is the same but doesn't have leaks? I hope you can get her a new one without laying
               a good junk of cash! :cookoo:
                        Tom.............Good thinking on using a longer strap so you didn't put a log through the window. :flex:
                        As I said my kids and their families are coming over for a BBQ today and a couple of friends should stop in as well.
                        I hope everyone has a good Sunday, Fathers Day either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12713 on: Jun 17, 2018, 05:03 AM »
Good Morning IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Bud nice fish Sir! Congrats :thumbsup:

IW enjoy the BBQ, it sounds like a fantastic day :thumbsup: Yep the kayaks are the same except color, the s-i-l has probably twice the use with hers but has never had any issues.

I am a little short of time as the girls are coming home this morning. They tried to patch the leaky kayak but the fix didn't take and they have had enough. They asked if I would be up for a few days of musky fishing with the boat ??? I told them certainly, if the weather straightens out a bit. We will be heading back to WI. Tuesday for the remainder of the week. I am not sure of the reception over there, so I may be gone for a bit. We have one more round of storms tonight and then things are supposed to get better.

Enjoy the picnics and BBQ's :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12714 on: Jun 17, 2018, 05:20 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's here on the Shanty! Would also like to extend that to all the Big Brothers, Mom's family members, and friends who have helped out filling that role to so many who didn't have a Dad...Thank You, Happy Fathers Day to you all.    :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:

Jeff...some nice weather today for a BBQ, hope you have a great day with the family and friends Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...nice job on the Walters, wtg!! Hope you have a great day also with the family, best of luck getting back on some keepers Monday!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...glad you're feeling a little better each day now, good news! Sounds like the house is coming along nicely, best of luck with everything going smoothly now!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...hope the plumbing job went well for you yesterday! Looking forward to your report of getting on some of those perch soon, good luck with the Toon and the fishing soon!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...wow, that really sucks about your wife's kayak leaking again spoiling their trip! I don't know much about kayaks, but you would think the manufacturer would stand behind there product if it was defective? Glad you're going to do a Musky trip with them, I hope you all have a great trip and get rewarded with some great memories...best of luck to you all!!  :thumbsup:
  Wally...did you get out for a nice bike ride yesterday? Happy Fathers Day to Mr.WW!   :thumbsup:
  H2...that's great you got to fish with your daughter yesterday in the contest!  :clap:  Looking forward to your report, hope you hit the boards!    :thumbsup:

The concrete pour went so so. The pump truck arrived on time, but the driver apparently forgot to load the reducer pipe and a hose for it. The first 3 trucks arrived on time and we managed to pump them off quickly while waiting for the pump parts forgotten to arrive, lol.
  As we neared the halfway point, it was apparent 90yds. wasn't going to be enough concrete to finish as the grades were off. What was suppose to be a 6" thick pour was more like 7-8" in spots, the excavator screwed up on the grades big time. That difference over the 80' X 50' area resulted in almost 130yds total to complete the pour, Doh!  I don't know who was taking the beating on all that extra concrete, imagine that was something the homeowner and contractor will work out as the homeowner hired the excavator.  Long story short, we got it done and it came out really nice, just took some time....all cleaned up and finished about 4pm.
  Having breakfast with my Mom this am, a trip to the cemetary, and a small BBQ with the family today....doubt there will be any time to wet a line today. A nice comfortable chair and campfire this evening will do!    ;D.   Cawfee's on....

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12715 on: Jun 17, 2018, 05:31 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads & StepDads   :clap:  :flex:  and like Eddie said, to everyone else that has stepped up & filled in for a missing Dad  :thumbsup: :bow:  Have a great day  @)    Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12716 on: Jun 17, 2018, 06:50 AM »
Nothing much planned for today. My oldest son is some where celebrating there wedding anniversary that was yesterday. Like I said at there wedding "I got a great gift for fathers day, the daughter I always wanted!" She has been a great daughter in law over the years. Very giving to all around her.

So much for any of the rain over the lake getting here. It died as soon as it got on shore. We need some rain real bad. Headed to the 90's today with calm winds so not much is going to get done. Guessed to cool down some next week but the temps at night are not guessed to cool down much.

Eddie When I was working at a freezer plant the cement contractors never had enough help so we ended up helping them make their pours. At least there grades were always good. There was a huge freezer under construction and they expected us to wheel all of the concrete for them. We put our feet down and made them rent a couple of buggy's to haul the concrete. One time I saw an old employee of there's wheeling concrete to fill a block wall at a loading dock a long ways from the truck. I went to the truck driver and told him to drive down and just dribble the concrete into the wall. The old man thanked me as his employer was too dumb to think about doing it that way.

When I went to put the finished octopus of PVC in place after gluing it together I could not get it to go in place so I will have to take out one of the drawer slides out to get in place today. Luckily I only have to buy a few other pieces of PVC before I can set the sink as I have a lot of leftovers from when I was working. I paid less that $5.00 for a nice looking new in the box vanity sink top when they closed up a second hand store a couple of years ago. Not bad having Hollander in your genetics.

ww It is the other way around for me when I was growing up. My father was not around much as I was growing up. It was the WW2 Vets around town that took me under their wing and led me in the right direction. I did get to tell one of the few still alive how much I apreciated how he helped me grow up. He was almost in tears when I thanked him.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12717 on: Jun 17, 2018, 07:24 AM »
I was in it but didn't win it. On the water just after 6. Fished shallow for awhile with no fish. Moved out on the breaks and caught 9 walleyes and 2 bass. Biggest walleye 17 or so, and one bass was about 17. I knew they wouldn't make the board. My daughter didn't come out until later in the morning. Yesterday was the first day she could go to the gym since her operation. I picked her up about 11 and she came out and got 3 walleyes in about 10 minutes and then they seemed to shut off. We loss a few. Lots of boats on the water and got real hot in the afternoon so we came in about 3. Had a very good time. ENCON stopped and checked us...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12718 on: Jun 18, 2018, 02:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend!   :thumbsup:
  Calm and 64* this am, high of 91 expected here today, mid to upper 90's down in the Albany area.

H2...even if you didnt hit the boards, congrats on your catch and being able to fish with your daughter, that's awesome!  :clap: :thumbsup:

Early start this am, hope the heat holds off for awhile. Had a nice time with the kids yesterday, lots of food and ended the evening in a nice comfortable chair watching them making S'mores around the campfire... ;D
  Cawfee's on...will see how you all are doing at break!   :thumbsup:

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12719 on: Jun 18, 2018, 03:00 AM »
Good Morning ER's Eddie, hope you have a good day with the early start.  Will join a friend on his boat for a couple hours in the morning, have to be home early afternoon to take Mrs. in for eye exam, she has an appointment for.

Helped another figure out the wiring on his Toon that he has been rebuilding, new everything from the floor up.  Forgot to check to see if the oil pump had any wiring to it.  ::) ??? :unsure: guess if push comes to shove he can mix  :unsure: He doesn't have much time left to work on it before having to leave Early Thursday morning for a tourney in Wyo.

Finish my cup of coffee and back to my pillow.

Good Day to all.

Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.