Author Topic: BUY A REAL CAMERA!!  (Read 6972 times)

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: BUY A REAL CAMERA!!
« Reply #30 on: Sep 26, 2017, 08:44 AM »
 ::) ;D  I still prefer my real camera for those once in a lifetime photos!
Dick

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #31 on: Sep 26, 2017, 10:56 AM »
I the iphone 7 shot is the best camera I have ever used...in my opinion of course
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #32 on: Sep 26, 2017, 03:22 PM »
I have the 7+ I phone and the pictures are great ! Can also talk, text and have lake maps, can't do that with a camera. That being said, if taking pictures for a magazine u might want to get a "camera"

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Sep 26, 2017, 04:42 PM »
This is what I use for my pictures. This is a "real camera".

Is that the newer version, Denny?  ;)

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Sep 27, 2017, 06:07 PM »
 ::)  This picture is on my wall because it was taken with a real camera.
DICK

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Sep 28, 2017, 05:55 AM »
::) ;D  I still prefer my real camera for those once in a lifetime photos!
Dick

Dick that was nice of you to let her use your jig pole.

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Sep 28, 2017, 06:00 AM »
Haha that's awesome. Looks like she's jiggin for beer.
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Sep 28, 2017, 06:27 AM »
Bobber down. Dick, me thinks you're hooked!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #38 on: Sep 28, 2017, 08:47 AM »
my new camera gets great angles! uses a 1-inch 20MP Exmor R CMOS camera with 4k res and 60 fps. streams vids from 4.3 miles away.

my other new camera is also great. more rugged and water proof. uses a 12.0MP EIS optics and takes Image Resolution  of
4000 x 3000.

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Sep 28, 2017, 09:37 AM »
 ???  OK! I've warned the girls to be ware of incoming??
Dick

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Sep 28, 2017, 10:23 AM »

that's more my style..I'm with ya on a 'real" camera Dick... I have an old Olympus that I carry .. I fish alone most of the time and that damn phone camera does ant have a timer...at least not that I can figure out..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Sep 28, 2017, 02:32 PM »
 ???  Since I only use my Samsung as a phone I was shocked how much it would cost to change to an Apple iphone7 or the new Apple iphone 8.  Both are way beyond my retirement budget?
Dick

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Sep 28, 2017, 04:12 PM »
 ???My wife has a Apple 7 plus but she won't let me play with it.  My Tracfone android does everything that I will ever hope for. 
Dick

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Sep 28, 2017, 05:17 PM »
???My wife has a Apple 7 plus but she won't let me play with it.  My Tracfone android does everything that I will ever hope for. 
Dick
.           She won't let u play with it cause u will have one after seeing the pictures it takes !!

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Sep 28, 2017, 06:01 PM »
 :'(My wife has big income and I don't.  Guess you also have big income?
Dick

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Sep 28, 2017, 06:19 PM »
After becoming an AARP member, (that means you're old), I recently picked up an iPhone SE with a 12 megapixel camera that puts my old Nikon coolpix camera to shame. I also downloaded a free app called fishingmobile from 2-minute tackle that has all kinds of fun features.
 It's costing me $25 a month for six months, to have the phone paid off.  I think most of us can afford that.
I'm done haulung my camera along.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #46 on: Sep 28, 2017, 07:03 PM »
There all kinds deals out there , shop a round bit   , or maybe you could ask for 1 for x-mas 🙂

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Sep 28, 2017, 07:18 PM »
:'(My wife has big income and I don't.  Guess you also have big income?
Dick
eee.              Retired, want more than a phone, like I told my dad " I u don't move along with the world , u will be left behind" !!

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Sep 29, 2017, 08:36 AM »
I'm really happy I started this thread.  It confirms that fact that there are still some of us old fuddy duds that carry a cell phone  to call home or friends to tell them that I'm on the fish.
I'm happy that some of us still take pictures with a "real camera" that lets us catch high points during a day on the ice.   Kind of sad to think that a beautiful day on the ice involves Iphone games and incoming call music?   When I'm on the ice I turn my cell phone OFF.
I don't play games while I'm trying to find fish!  My dad would be happy that I have been left behind the new generation and simply set out in my folding chair and enjoy the winter ice.
OK!  I do rely on my Vexilar  flasher as my game board?   
Dick

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Sep 29, 2017, 08:52 AM »
As part of "that" ::) generation (24 y.o.) I always have my phone with ice fishing and use it for pictures most of the time. But.. wait for it.... I even have a real camera as well! that I will take with occasionally and on camping trips.  You can't beat an optical zoom lens compared to a digital zoom (cell phone), especially if you are trying to print or blow up the image.

If you aren't needing to zoom in with the camera or enlarge the image afterwards and lighting is good, cell phones do a pretty good job.

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Sep 29, 2017, 09:21 AM »
As part of "that" ::) generation (24 y.o.) I always have my phone with ice fishing and use it for pictures most of the time. But.. wait for it.... I even have a real camera as well! that I will take with occasionally and on camping trips.  You can't beat an optical zoom lens compared to a digital zoom (cell phone), especially if you are trying to print or blow up the image.

If you aren't needing to zoom in with the camera or enlarge the image afterwards and lighting is good, cell phones do a pretty good job.

Thanks  Crappie Fisherman,    I'm happy to carry both my android and my Nikon SLR digital camera.  Seems to be no excess weight ?   I have to admit that my older Nikon SLR would now cost $500 but that seems reasonable compared to a $300 I phone plus server fees.  My TracFone costs me $100 per year and I have as yet added no apps?   
Any Iphone photo user should have been lucky enough to have utilized a digital SLR camera to compare the functionality and ease of picture taking before comparing it to an Iphone camera screen.   It seems that , over the years,  I've found that  tools that offer to do TOO many things don't do any of them WELL?   I do love my Samsung android as well as my Nikon digital SLR camera!  As with my Vexilar FL20 I wouldn't go anywhere without them!
Dick

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Sep 29, 2017, 09:59 AM »
i just added this to my camera hardware i use. it has a 23 mp lens. i picked mine up yesterday at bestbuy swapping out my drone. picked up the dji mavic.
my other cameras are buried, some where.

23 MP Main Camera with hybrid Autofocus captures your split-second moments in sharp quality.
16 MP front-facing camera with Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) for taking amazing photos even in low-light conditions and livestreaming your experiences with minimal shake.

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Xperia-Ultra-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B071JP8XDJ

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Sep 29, 2017, 10:02 AM »
Don’t play games either when on ice, nice to have camera with out dragging the old 35 out and have to take film in to develope!

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Sep 29, 2017, 01:25 PM »
Don’t play games either when on ice, nice to have camera with out dragging the old 35 out and have to take film in to develope!

Been many years since I used film.  I can remember when stories had to be mailed along with hard copy and slides??  But, I got paid better back then!
How ab out the new SONY  that 3300 just got.  Looks like something I might ask for Christmas?
Dick

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Sep 29, 2017, 05:39 PM »

[/quote

Same camera that made Ansel Adams famous?   Not sure whether he would use modern camera or swap to Iphone?
Dick

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Sep 30, 2017, 06:30 AM »

Taken last week on the Merrimack Crappie fishing. Un edited looked exactly like it does in picture. On my galaxy phone. Good enough for my purposes. Great thread though.
Salmonemia

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #56 on: Sep 30, 2017, 12:11 PM »
Been many years since I used film.  I can remember when stories had to be mailed along with hard copy and slides??  But, I got paid better back then!
How ab out the new SONY  that 3300 just got.  Looks like something I might ask for Christmas?
Dick
you can find them for 265$ on amazon and the 350$ price. best buy has them on sale for the 50$ off the 400$ msrp price tag. i like being able to just go buy stuff and see it first hand. bestbuy's warranty is not good any more tho, so buying from amazon for the 265$ is a nice deal too so long as it's in a factory sealed box. 23 mp lens is the best i found in this type of format, but then again, it is sony, the one and only lol.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Sep 30, 2017, 05:53 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Taken last week on the Merrimack Crappie fishing. Un edited looked exactly like it does in picture. On my galaxy phone. Good enough for my purposes. Great thread though.
Great pic, Wayne.  :)  :tipup:

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #58 on: Sep 30, 2017, 06:23 PM »
I use a Kodak EasyShare C433 camera...   Cheep small and takes great pictures..... ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Sep 30, 2017, 06:50 PM »
Great pic, Wayne.  :)  :tipup:
Thanks Richard. 
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.