The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: resevoirs around Winnett  (Read 897 times)

Offline lingslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
resevoirs around Winnett
« on: Jan 16, 2008, 11:54 PM »
Has anyone fished any of the small resevoirs North of Winnett, such as drag resevoir or any of the others in the area .I have heard rumors about some of them being stocked and was wondering what they are stocked with and if any of them are worth trying.

Offline Rio252

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: resevoirs around Winnett
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2008, 02:38 PM »
I have fished Petrolia a couple of times so far and have only caught small pkie and a couple of small perch...nothing to take home. But I like to fish at least 50-75 yards from shore and catch perch. I have heard of Drag lake but never found it. I went as far as some farm house and thought that was the end of the road but people tell me that I can go past that farm house...I hear there are some nice perch in that pond.
NCarcr8

Offline naschafe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2008, 02:58 PM »
Here is a quote from one of the fishing reports I read.  Jakes is north and west of Winnett

"Fred Reports that some people are fishing some of the small res. in the breaks.  (Jakes is producing small Pike and Crappie.  Drags is full of Bluegill)"

Hope this helps.

Offline Riverb8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2008, 03:34 PM »
Rio,

How long does it take you to drive to Petrolia from Blgs?   ???

I would like to check it out some time soon.

thanks

Offline Lewie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2008, 02:08 PM »
I have been fishing petrolia quite a bit lately with limited luck so far with mostly small pike and walleye.  There always seems to be quite a few people out there.  Has anyone else been out to petrolia lately?  What is your report?

RiverB8 - It's about 75 miles or so from Billings...if you haven't already found out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.