The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Helena Valley Reg. Reservoir  (Read 864 times)

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
Helena Valley Reg. Reservoir
« on: Jan 17, 2008, 09:54 AM »
Hey has anybody around Helena been fishing up there. We were thinking of heading there this weekend but our last trip up there was a bust the catching was really slow. Any info is much appreciated. I think we may head over to Nevada Creek as well but we will have to see.

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
Re: Helena Valley Reg. Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2008, 12:53 PM »
My trips to those lakes have both been SUPER slow,  could have just been the day?  Those are both fun little lakes, but haven't really heard of anyone doing well at either. Last I heard Nevada lake had about 2 feet of Ice, but that was over a week and 1/2 ago, it hasn't got above freezing there since, so It's probably even deeper. I think I prefer CF, just because the ice is quicker to drill through, and its fun to blanket the ice in poles, at least it feels like I have more of a fighting chance.  ;)

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2008, 02:28 PM »
Thanks for the info perchhogslayer. I know a few people that have been doing pretty good at Nevada Cr. We would go to CF but not sure I want to with the tournament going on. There will be a ton of people out there. I will give an update when we get back.

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2008, 07:25 PM »
Tourney isn't until the weekend after next. (26-27). So this weekend shouldn't be as bad. chilli weather, but hopefully the wind stays calm.  I've heard 1 good report of nevada, but not sure where they were.  been having good luck at CF, better then average.  And who knows might just catch a wopper pike,  get those guys outta that lake, keep catching them!  Good luck, wherever you end up.

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2008, 09:28 AM »
For some reason I thought tournament was this weekend so we may just end up a CF after all. Thanks for the info and as for pike I can't even catch one out of Seeley or Salmon lakes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.