The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: cooney or dailey  (Read 1051 times)

Offline lingslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
cooney or dailey
« on: Jan 13, 2008, 09:35 PM »
hey guys has anyone fished cooney or dailey lakes this yearyet? I am wanting to go this week hopefully cooney on tuesday and dailey wednesday would appreciate any info i.e ice conditions and bait. Thanks

Offline krankbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: cooney or dailey
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2008, 06:34 PM »
I was at Cooney Sunday. I fished the Red Lodge Creek arm. Ice is about 16". I didn't do any good but did see a couple of guys fishing in about 6-8' of water that had a couple of trout. The game warden said that some people fishing down by the dam in about 40' of water were doing good. Good luck. Let us know how you do.
Eat...Sleep...Fish

Offline Riverb8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2008, 09:50 AM »
Lingslayer,

Did you make it out to Cooney?  If so how'd you do?  I was planning on heading there this weekend.  I never seem to have very good luck there (It's just close enough for a good 1/2 day or so of fishing), so any info is appreciated.

Offline Riverb8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2008, 09:59 AM »
Went to Cooney on Sunday 1/20.  Ice is a good 20+ inches.  Fished the southern bay (Willow Creek).  Caught 3 bows 18-22" and a small walleye.  Put the bows back and kept the walleye for a snack.  We were in about 25-fow.  We tried a lot of different set ups but a glow hook with a couple of maggets seemed to work best.  Also got a couple of bites on a spoon tipped with worm.  Took off a little after noon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.