Author Topic: Birch Point  (Read 614 times)

Offline J_MAKI

• Team IceShanty Regular
Birch Point
« on: Dec 31, 2006, 09:16 AM »
Went to Buffalo Bay yesterday with a couple of buddies and the bite was slow.  I didn’t get out on the ice till about 12:00 but they were out there by 7:30. By the time I got out there they had a nice 20” walleye and a really nice 16.5” sauger and they released a 38” pike, plus they had a few chunky perch, which ended up being there total catch for the day.  When I got there I started marking fish right away but they wouldn’t hit anything I am pretty sure they were perch. At around 2:30 I finally caught a fat 12 inch perch  and that was it for me until my flag went up at around 3:00. I lost a nice pike right at the hole because I tried to muscle him up the hole and my line snapped.  Then at 4:00 my flag went up again and this time I landed a hefty 39.5” pike. Overall the bite was fairly slow for most out on the ice today.  However there was a group of guys next to us and they were using live 8” suckers for bait and they were getting a couple flags up every hour. Not too sure where they got them but they were defiantly the bait to use.

There was a good 16-18” of ice and no snow making for really good access out to the sand bar, even cars were driving out.  However after last nights snow I’m sure it will be 4X4 only.

Jeremy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.