Author Topic: Pumped!  (Read 3120 times)

Offline 5 X Master Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pumped!
« on: Dec 15, 2012, 02:46 PM »
Went out Friday with a friend.  Hit the EOM and only got one Sauger (about 12"-14"). It set the bug to get out more.  Saw an Eskimo Fatfish 9416 on the ice and got to thinking.  Hmmmmm... Why is it when I get to thinking it cost me money?  Anyway I bought an Eskimo Fatfish 9416 and I can't wait to try it.  I saved $56 compared to other places. See ya on the ice!

5X MA
Early to bed,
Early to rise!
Fish all day,
and make up lies!

Offline hot shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pumped!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Where did you get it and what did it cost?

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2012, 05:28 PM »
Went out Friday with a friend.  Hit the EOM and only got one Sauger (about 12"-14"). It set the bug to get out more.  Saw an Eskimo Fatfish 9416 on the ice and got to thinking.  Hmmmmm... Why is it when I get to thinking it cost me money?  Anyway I bought an Eskimo Fatfish 9416 and I can't wait to try it.  I saved $56 compared to other places. See ya on the ice!

5X MA
Congrats on the new purchase.Will keep my eyes open for it one the ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Where did you get it and what did it cost?
Pro Am $560.00 taxes included.
Early to bed,
Early to rise!
Fish all day,
and make up lies!

Offline walleye28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2012, 09:20 PM »
where is pro am now located, went to get some bait on friday and there it was gone, from its oringinal place. ended up going to fishing hole :-\ :-\ ??? ???

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2012, 10:20 PM »
where is pro am now located, went to get some bait on friday and there it was gone, from its oringinal place. ended up going to fishing hole :-\ :-\ ??? ???
1094 Narin ave.  The old Farmer Supply store.
Early to bed,
Early to rise!
Fish all day,
and make up lies!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Congrats on the new purchase.Will keep my eyes open for it one the ice
Thanks! Heading out tomorrow with my Clam Voyager.  I am still staying on the side of caution with ice thickness.  My wife feels better not driving on yet and I got to much to haul and carry the new shack.  Throw it in the clam and away we go!  Using it more for the toboggan than for the shack.
Early to bed,
Early to rise!
Fish all day,
and make up lies!

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2012, 05:52 AM »
I hope you have better luck than I had with the 9416, watch out for the hubs, especially when you take it down, if you got a tent made last year you may have issues, bring tools so you can take the hub apart and reinsert the rod, don't want to ruin a day of fishing, they usually come apart during take down,  and if the rod pops out of the hub, take the tent back! You got a bad one.   Also spray your zippers good with jigaloo.  Good luck, hope you got a good one, they have awesome room and love the huge windows.
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2012, 12:46 AM »
I hope you have better luck than I had with the 9416, watch out for the hubs, especially when you take it down, if you got a tent made last year you may have issues, bring tools so you can take the hub apart and reinsert the rod, don't want to ruin a day of fishing, they usually come apart during take down,  and if the rod pops out of the hub, take the tent back! You got a bad one.   Also spray your zippers good with jigaloo.  Good luck, hope you got a good one, they have awesome room and love the huge windows.
Which tools should I bring to be on the safe side?
Early to bed,
Early to rise!
Fish all day,
and make up lies!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2012, 08:35 AM »
I e-mailed Eskimo and gave them the serial # on the bag.  The lady told me I should have no worries because I got the newer upgraded model with the power hubs!
Early to bed,
Early to rise!
Fish all day,
and make up lies!

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2012, 10:21 AM »
All posts indicate the the new version with the "powerhubs" have been troublefree so you shouldn't have any issues with the hubs coming apart on you.

Offline r.mazur

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2012, 04:35 PM »
I have last years 9416 fatfish , bought it at pro am for $320.00 , end of season price, had Problem with my bag, stitching on the strap let go, new one is on its way in the mail ,(warranty) also had a pole pop out, the pins that hold them in are supposed to be centred , if not they pop out, they are sending me a fix for this problem , you open he hub and place a plate in side then place hub cover back on, fixes the problem I've Ben told, parts are in the mail, no charge to me at all, if any one else has this problem give them a call for the upgrade.1-800-345-6007
KCCO

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2012, 06:09 AM »
I e-mailed Eskimo and gave them the serial # on the bag.  The lady told me I should have no worries because I got the newer upgraded model with the power hubs!
A leatherman will do the job, the hub plate is held on by a nyloc nut, can remember what size, 7/16"?  Buth they can be removed with a letherman, just open your bag, you dont have to set up your tent to see them, good luck with the tent, also you will need a double sunflower to heat that huge tent, a big buddy won't even come close to heating this tent, I've tried,  costco has the sunflowers for 65 bucks.

Offline reel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2012, 06:48 PM »
  costco has the sunflowers for 65 bucks.

.....used to be $ 40 !?

Offline johnny-walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2012, 07:03 PM »
.....used to be $ 40 !?

I think he's talking about the double.  That's the only one they have in stock

Offline reel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2012, 08:25 PM »
Yep, lots of us bought the double sunflower for $ 39.99 last year.

Offline johnny-walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Yep, lots of us bought the double sunflower for $ 39.99 last year.

Yeah, end of the season sale.  Now tHat I have a bigger shack, kicking myself that I didn't buy last year :-\

Offline reel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2012, 11:05 PM »
Yeah, end oF the season sale.  Now tHat I have a bigger shack, kicking myself that I didn't buy last year :-\

Same with everything, at the beginning few years ago shacks were smaller, needed smaller everything (heaters, rods, chairs) with the larger shacks it all has changed. I'm pretty much done with the "upgrades" now.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2012, 05:27 AM »
Same with everything, at the beginning few years ago shacks were smaller, needed smaller everything (heaters, rods, chairs) with the larger shacks it all has changed. I'm pretty much done with the "upgrades" now.
Maybe a quad or snowmobile? since your too scared to drive that metro sexual jeep on the ice.LMAO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.