Author Topic: Lake Pleasant  (Read 3082 times)

Offline bellmontwrestling

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Pleasant
« on: Dec 14, 2006, 07:08 AM »
I am not sure if it is Pleasant Lake or Lake Pleasant.  The lake is part in Indiana and part in Michigan near Fremont.  Has anyone fished this lake?  I hear it is a good gill lake.

Offline Rufus

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pleasant Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2006, 09:01 AM »
That one is Lake Pleasant. Pleasant Lake is just south of Angola about 5 miles. Lake Pleasant is known for it's big redears, but also has some good 'gills in it. There is also a healthy Crappie population here as well. Parking is sometimes an issue here though. Pleasant Lake on the other hand is a good bluegill lake, but is a tough little son of a gun. They are light biters in there. The monster bluegills have seemed to disappear the last few years. Most of them run between 7-8 inches. We used to catch a lot of fish over 9 inches. I know there are still good ones in there because we do catch a few of them from time to time. I haven't fished it much the last couple of years, who knows maybe they will be back this year.

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Pleasant
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2006, 11:29 AM »
Is there access to Lake Pleasant?

Offline Rufus

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Pleasant
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2006, 01:43 PM »
There is no public access on Lake Pleasant. Most people park cloe to the Marina. I have only fished their a couple times so I cannot tell you with certainty where to park. We have parked at a few vacant houses just past the marina when we have been. The channels near the marina freeze up quick and you will occasionally get a few crappies and some decent bluegills, but if I were you I would wait for the lake to freeze up.

Offline daffydone

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just gotta find some ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Is there access to Lake Pleasant?

if you want someone to go with when the ice is on , P.M. me I wouldn't mind trying out a new lake.
[
/quote]
if your not walking on water, then you're not icefishing!

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2006, 09:20 PM »
access is an issue.However once gained, break away from the crowd on the w end. lots of humps,big weed flats and try the sadle area you can find on maps. E end is sand flats. red ears roam thru out the day. Its a quality not quanity lake on the east half. a good mornig is 8-10 red ears in the 10-12" range on a good day.
 PREDICTION: the next state record will be broken here. We sight fish and you think its a 3# bass until it flares its gills and you poop!!!  Just ask iceman 24/7. i showed him GODZILLA last year. We  just watched him swim 2' under the shantie. How big??? we watched in awe and forgot to bring up our lines from 6' down ??? ??? 
Great tip up lake( while you chase ears) and good perch in middle on north shore. Gravel drop-off from 10-50 fow
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2006, 07:32 AM »
Thanks A-bomb.  Now if we could only get some ice!

Offline alan street

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2006, 08:24 AM »
how big of a lake is lake pleasant

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2006, 06:14 PM »
longer than wide, kinda med sized
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline angolajones

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2006, 07:38 PM »
If I remember correctly, you better look at a topo map before you go or you could be drilling holes in shallow water for a long time.

Jonesy

Offline Bigbass101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2006, 11:19 PM »
how big of a lake is lake pleasant

Fished the lake for the first time this past summer.  One important note on this lake.  Pay the launch fee at the campground.  The ramp is far better than the marina one.  We rubbed our spare tire dipping in off that marina ramp.  Weren't sure we were going to pull out.

Far as the size of the lake.  It's 424 acres.  Known for it's pan fish, but it has decent largemouth.  If you ice fish it, walk straight out the channel by the marina.  Go out about 50 yards, and you should hit 10 foot of water.  Start working your way right (East) from there along the break line.  If you go left you will be in nothing but shallow water that half of the lake. 

I've never ice fished it, but it's what I can remember from bass fishing on the depths of the lake.  Going east down that break line.  There a couple real nice under water points to fish.   Good luck.
When the bass season is over, there's nothing better than ice fishing!

Offline iCeMaN...24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Toad Time!!!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2006, 11:05 AM »
Yes, have had some good days on the lake with A-Bomb.  Excellent lake for big redears!!!  The “GIANT” A-Bomb speaks of is still swimming!!!  I did not think redears got that big, well they do!!!  I am a believer!!!  Very fun multi-species lake!!!  A-Bomb, we need some ice!!!  :tipup:
A bad day fishing beats a good day working!!! <///><

Offline James Lyon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2006, 11:08 AM »
There are some very nice pike in the lake that bite readily.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.