Author Topic: Very off topic Question  (Read 1029 times)

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Very off topic Question
« on: Jan 16, 2024, 09:41 AM »
Is there anyone out there that can tell me if there are any fur buyers in north east Indiana? I know there is very little value in anything i have and i only trap and harvest just to control predation and overall health. Hoping to just maybe make enough to buy a few tungsten ice jigs. PM if you want.

Offline Estep

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Very off topic Question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2024, 10:00 AM »
Maple Lane Furs close to Shipshiwana.

Offline klbeeks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2024, 10:26 AM »
I have a buddy that usually buys furs off me.  I sent him a text.  Will pm you with his response.  What are you looking to sell?
Fish On'

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2024, 10:42 AM »
Just caught skinned raccoons. All sizes, around ten is all.

Offline Buckbuster13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2024, 12:09 PM »
Terry Manley  Kosciusko county
And was buying in Fort Wayne

Offline jr11888

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2024, 04:20 PM »
Gruenwald has a furbuying route through indiana I'm selling my furs to him at hoosier trapper March 3rd in greenwood. He is out of Illinois I think. Has a website you can check for routes and dates. Took 10 coyotes 20 coon and only 7 muskrat.

Offline klbeeks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2024, 09:55 PM »
Just caught skinned raccoons. All sizes, around ten is all.

He said he's not buying anything this year.  I was thinking Dale Hardy Supplies in Logansport has a buyer or was a buyer. 
Fish On'

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2024, 05:02 AM »
Thanks guys, That will give me a few places to check.

Offline kyron4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2024, 05:22 AM »
The Indiana State Trappers Association has their fur auction at the Miami Co. fair grounds on Feb. 10. You have to be a member to sell fur, if you want I can throw them in with my lot and then settle up afterwards. If is just green coons I wouldn't except to get more than a buck or two for a big prime skin and any smaller likely won't sell. Fur market is way down even coyotes are not selling well, beaver and otter isn't bad but not great.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2024, 06:51 AM »
The Indiana State Trappers Association has their fur auction at the Miami Co. fair grounds on Feb. 10. You have to be a member to sell fur, if you want I can throw them in with my lot and then settle up afterwards. If is just green coons I wouldn't except to get more than a buck or two for a big prime skin and any smaller likely won't sell. Fur market is way down even coyotes are not selling well, beaver and otter isn't bad but not great.
I may take you up on that. It's only a few miles from my home. I'll be in touch before the 10. Yea I don't expect much money just don't want to just throw away if I don't have to. I probable only have a couple they would even consider but that's ok.  Maybe I can do a little horse trading. Pelts for a membership. Thank you.

Offline kyron4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2024, 10:44 PM »
I may take you up on that. It's only a few miles from my home. I'll be in touch before the 10. Yea I don't expect much money just don't want to just throw away if I don't have to. I probable only have a couple they would even consider but that's ok.  Maybe I can do a little horse trading. Pelts for a membership. Thank you.

Sounds good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.