The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Champlain - North Hero  (Read 930 times)

Offline 1KING SALMON

• Team IceShanty Regular
Champlain - North Hero
« on: Jan 16, 2011, 08:02 PM »
Headed up that way to do some Pike fishing this coming week and was wondering how the fishing might have been or is going.  Was wondering if any vehicles other than quads and snowmobiles have chanced the ice at or near the Holiday Harbor Lodge?  Might bring a snowmobile if not truck worthy pending on snow cover.  Any info would be appreciated, Tight Lines...
She said if I went fishing she'd be gone, "I'm gonna miss her"...

Offline cbice

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Champlain - North Hero
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2011, 08:29 PM »
I was up there a week ago and there were people fishing about 100 yards out on the northe side of the bridge.  The south side was also frozen with a few people out there.  The guy at Holiday Harbor said he didn't dare put out his shanties yet but that was a week ago. 

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Champlain - North Hero
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2011, 01:51 PM »
Fished Carry bay yesterday, with decent success, and despite the -8 temps upon arrival, it was pretty nice out! although i did lose a chunk of my lip taking a sip from my stainless coffee mug and getting frozen to it  :-\ took a first timer out and we got 9 pickerel and pike all day, biggest was 33 inches. As we were getting off we talked to a guy who said he hadn't caught a single fish, he said hetalked with everyone else getting off and said nobody caught more than 2 or three, and all dinks, so maybe we were just the exception  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.