Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Farm ponds  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Amo52732

• IceShanty Rookie
Farm ponds
« on: Dec 20, 2016, 09:19 PM »
Im kinda new to ice fishing and was trying to find a couple farm ponds to get on. Ive asked a couple farmers I know and onle one said he wouldnt mind but he doesnt want me to keep the fish. Im in the quad cities area and see tons of great looking ponds but don't know many farmers. Anyone willing to help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Farm ponds
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2016, 09:02 AM »
Might seem odd but go to church get acquainted and ask around who's got a pond.  Your more of a friend than a foe in that situation.  Besides it won't do you any harm and you can always use the Lord's help.

Offline Qceskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2016, 09:15 AM »
I live in the QC area and have had good luck asking farmers with a 12 pack of Busch Light in my hand when I go to the door.  Most of the time they will come down and join you for a couple of beers. 

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2016, 10:48 AM »
If I lived in the QC area I would pm Kevin23 and start fishing with him. He already has it figured out. Tell him you'll drive and buy the bait and lunch, whatever it takes. My advice is always consult an expert.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2016, 10:03 PM »
If I lived in the QC area I would pm Kevin23 and start fishing with him. He already has it figured out. Tell him you'll drive and buy the bait and lunch, whatever it takes. My advice is always consult an expert.

No expert here. But i am pretty good at catching these big eyed crappies if you want to catch those.

if you found a farmer around here that has given you permission, consider yourself extremely lucky!!

Church and small town bars are your best bet for acquiring land to hunt or fish.
EYECONICFISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.