Author Topic: Vexilar DD-100 Depth and battery gauge install on FL-18 question  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Winds-of-Thor

• IceShanty Rookie
I need a little hep installing a Vexliar DD-100 depth and battery gauge on a FL-18 flasher.

For hooking up the red power wire the directions say to attach it to the battery's positive post and a piggyback clip is added to make it easy. For the life of me I don't see how it fits together.

There isn't enough room to slide the piggyback tab in underneath the yellow connecter.

???

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Unhook red from battery and slip pigback in the clip back to battery.or disconnect red battery wire.put on the single red then hook the 2 red wire onto the pigback of single red wire.

Offline Winds-of-Thor

• IceShanty Rookie
There's not enough space to slide it in.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Ok so you cannot take of the positive battery cable off the battery,put the dd wire on the battery then slide the double red wire onto the pigtail?

Offline Winds-of-Thor

• IceShanty Rookie
No, it won't fit. The slot is only big enough for one or the other.

Offline Winds-of-Thor

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm theory it seems like that's exactly how it should fit together, but there's only room for one. The slot is too slim.

Offline Winds-of-Thor

• IceShanty Rookie

This slot which I have now roughed-up a little will not allow the two tabs below to fit when they are stacked.

Offline Winds-of-Thor

• IceShanty Rookie
I got it done. I called Vexilar and they had me going in 5 minutes. Turns out I had to pull the yellow connector off of the red piece and piggyback to that connection. All good. Thanks for trying to help, Dr. Speckler!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Nice.i was wondering.none of my vexilars even have that fuse block right on the battery like that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.