Author Topic: pro tc?  (Read 597 times)

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
pro tc?
« on: Jan 29, 2011, 04:17 PM »
I notice that when sight fishing that i get a 'quilt' pattern reflection in the hole and drives me crazy.  Has anybody else noticed this and done anything about it?  I'm not sure what to do...the other day i just drapped a blanket over the poles.  I would like a much more permanent solution and only thing i have come up with is using tent repair tape or possible spraying it with a rubber paint like 'dip it'. however i'm worried it would bleed thru all the pin hole in the quilt.  Any ideas or suggestion would be appreciated.  I do like the extra light i get inside but that light thru quilted top between the hoop above the door and the next one is terrible when sightfishing.
]

Offline SHARPIE

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: pro tc?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2011, 07:45 PM »
try velcro and some black fabric

Offline stinky fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~tight lines~
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2011, 09:21 PM »
  is alcohol a factor ;)

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2011, 09:51 PM »
Why they sell Frabill's?
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Allen66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:48 AM »
Was looking at mine and I don't believe those are pinholes as it isn't sewn together. I 'm pretty sure the material is quilted by some process similar to spot welding of metal, melted together in tiny spots giving it the appearance of being sewn and having pinholes but really just translucent spots.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.