Author Topic: First outing of 2019  (Read 3759 times)

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FreshwaterPhil.com - Montreal fishing
First outing of 2019
« on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:58 PM »
First outing of 2019 today. Hit one of my float tube spots on ice for the first time ever. Started off slow, constant drilling and fishing for 3 hours with nothing, until found a nice school of fish. Ended up with 5 LM bass, 6 pumpkinseed, 11 bluegill and 14 perch in about 3 hours of fishing. No monsters, but lots of fun on light tackle.

Offline Bigunit

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: First outing of 2019
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2019, 03:59 PM »
Where was it?

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2019, 04:52 PM »
Not too far from Montreal

Offline Scummer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2019, 08:26 PM »
Hey Phil we realize you are a Montreal area guide but the purpose of this site is to share DETAILED INFO on the icefishing  conditions etc. in your area . I have just returned to this site after 4 yrs absence and if you want to share your catches the purpose of the site is to share conditions ice thickness bait etc.

Not far rom Montreal really doesn't cut it. I can assure you that after  following this site for almost 8 yrs you will not be giving up your secrets to a large number of Quebec anglers. This site is  not widely followed in Quebec.

Ron

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2019, 06:51 AM »
Hey Phil we realize you are a Montreal area guide but the purpose of this site is to share DETAILED INFO on the icefishing  conditions etc. in your area . I have just returned to this site after 4 yrs absence and if you want to share your catches the purpose of the site is to share conditions ice thickness bait etc.

Not far rom Montreal really doesn't cut it. I can assure you that after  following this site for almost 8 yrs you will not be giving up your secrets to a large number of Quebec anglers. This site is  not widely followed in Quebec.

Ron

I'm a member of various fishing forums and Facebook groups, no one asks each other for spots online, it's just not proper etiquette. Occasionally, I do get private message asking for more details. Depending on the spot, I may or may not choose to share the info. Plenty of safe ice to explore around Montreal, from big rivers like the St Lawrence and Ottawa river, to smaller ones like Mille Isles and various canals, down to smaller ponds. Definitely no shortage, exploring on ice is part of the fun  ;)

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2019, 05:10 PM »
 whatever info he gives up is gravy!  great pictures and i don't blame you for being a tad discrete.  this internet bragging age has ruined a ton of awesome fisheries.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2019, 05:49 PM »
whatever info he gives up is gravy!  great pictures and i don't blame you for being a tad discrete.  this internet bragging age has ruined a ton of awesome fisheries.

Yes indeed.

Offline puncho

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Be safe out there
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2019, 11:13 AM »
I have virtually known Phil for many years followed him on different fishing forums, him & his family always amazed me, I must say I am a bit jalous because my kids are not going fishing with me anymore & I also am not going myself, I am very happy to find another location to follow his fishing adventures, nice to read you as always Phil.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2019, 12:38 PM »
I have virtually known Phil for many years followed him on different fishing forums, him & his family always amazed me, I must say I am a bit jalous because my kids are not going fishing with me anymore & I also am not going myself, I am very happy to find another location to follow his fishing adventures, nice to read you as always Phil.

Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.