Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: 12 mile  (Read 2449 times)

Offline goticewillfish

• IceShanty Rookie
12 mile
« on: Jan 05, 2011, 09:34 AM »
Hows the ice on 12 mile now? Has anybody been there? Planning on going this weekend.

Offline TRCrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 12 mile
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2011, 10:11 AM »
Ice is good on both lakes.  Areas are open near the damn on both.  Did fish last Friday at 3 mile on 4-5 inches.  Twelve mile is around 10 by the road beds and boat ramps north of the main one.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:03 AM »
any new info on 12 mile/3 mile???

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline jkwildhunting

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2011, 12:01 PM »
3 Mile has prolla close to 10" on the road bed and guess north is fine. Prolla 8 quads out yesterday morning all in the north in the trees. Fishing was slow but still got a few.

Lil open water off the campground point on east side lake by the dam other then that looked like everything on 3 mile was frozen!
I fish everyday that ends in a \\\"Y\\\"

Offline bluegillbill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2011, 01:25 PM »
Fished 12 mile Sunday afternoon, 12 inches of ice and a few gills.  I was fishing 19 feet of water, north end of lake east of townline boatramp.  We got lots of snow, I suppose around 8 inches.  It will be hard work pulling a shack now.

Offline MityAngler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2011, 08:16 PM »
I have fished 12 Mile a couple of times including the Jan 16th. Had good luck with the gills (up to 9") but have not had any luck with the walleyes. Anyone caught any? What bait/lure? Where abouts?

Offline bluegillbill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Fished 12 mile last Saturday, crappies, bass and bluegills were biting.  Didn't try after dark when walleyes are supposed to be biting, according to dnr fishing report.  There were around 20 shacks up creek channel on north end of lake with trucks driving on the ice.  I guess know one wants to say if they were catching fish, or they don't visit this awesome site.  I will be out this weekend and will post.  Good luck and go Steelers!

Offline icerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If your bobbers gone put on another one
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2011, 06:35 AM »
Was on 12 mile on Sunday. Ice was very good, people are driving all over.  Brought home 19 very nice sun fish.  Had to work for them in 25 feet of water. Lots of people were in the trees.  We fished around the bend away from everyone. Hope this helps.  ;D good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.