Author Topic: Fishathon for CancerCare  (Read 6824 times)

grumpymoe

Fishathon for CancerCare
« on: Nov 01, 2006, 06:32 PM »
 The dates are now set for the 3rd Annual Walleye Warrior 24hour Ice Fishing Marathon. Plans are now underway! We hope to see you in Gimli. Make your plans to attend March 10th and 11th, 2007. Lets make this event bigger and better! Show your support. I personally, will be participating (the full 24hrs) and raising funds for this great cause. I know that we had a few members from Iceshanty that attended and helped in fundraising. If anyone wishes to support in any manner, please contact myself for more details.....Grump

Offline chief

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fishathon for CancerCare
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2006, 07:10 PM »
I know you can count on the three neepawa natives to be there Espsially the one that doesn't like fish and was up to the table not once but twice for burbot  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline bite king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2006, 07:13 PM »
you can count on seeing me there this year! Finally!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2006, 07:25 PM »
once the donation forms are finalized and approved by CancerCare, I will post the links here for everyone that intends to fundraise and participate....we will be having a guest from B.C. this march....TGF will be coming to keep an Eye on everyone!!!....Grump  ;D

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2006, 09:37 PM »
Eye Meti  ;)2
Just have to get the banked overtime approved and I'm there ;D

Offline perch pounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Poundin' those little guys
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2006, 02:19 PM »
Oh Geezz ......

TGF and the Ac Show ...... :o

I got to see this ;D
What am I doing sitting in front of this computer ..............
I should be out fishing

Dan Wiens

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Third time is lucky they say, so if all goes well, I'll be there.  :thumbsup:
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2006, 06:54 PM »
Looking forward to seeing all of you out at Gimli and actually having time to talk and fish with everyone!!!!!!                            THANKYOU to moderater for helping to promote the event                                     

Offline lilchief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2006, 07:32 PM »
Can't wait for the stories to told that weekend!!!!!!!!!!!....lilchief ;D ;D ;D
Matt

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2006, 06:25 PM »
The event planning is well underway and there is alot of exciting things happening which will be revealed in due time. This year's event will be incredible.......suppo rt cancercare :)!
More info coming soon 8).

Walleye Warrior 24 Hour Ice Fishing Marathon
March 10-11,2007

Offline muskee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2006, 06:53 PM »
Can hardly wait too go. My mom is a breast cancer survivor.

Muskee
Tracy

Offline FishermanJay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2006, 08:23 PM »
I was there last year and it was a blast. The fishing was very slow but it was still very fun. I lasted 17 hours straight and then decided to go home and get some rest, so that I could go to the boat show the next day ;D
Jay Siemens
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2006, 03:32 PM »
when do the pledge sheets come out? I want to hit up some family at christmas ;D ;D I was kinda ashamed to be in the top 20 pledge earners last year with the piddlly amount I raised :-\ :-\

grumpymoe

« Reply #13 on: Nov 14, 2006, 03:45 PM »
I'll post info as soon as the pledge sheets are available and approved by CancerCare.....Grump

Offline lilchief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2006, 03:59 PM »
my goal is to rasie a grand for cancercare this year, i think i do it... lilchief ;D ;D ;D ;D
Matt

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2006, 06:18 PM »
All the info on this worthwhile event can be found at www.walleyewarriormara thon.com.Check out the site for the most current info as it becomes available. Hopefully i have not rocked the boat with this post!!!!!! My apologies if i have.................. .. Andy LeClair(Brian LeClair's Big Brother)

Offline muskee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 22, 2006, 05:56 PM »
When fundraising for cancer every amount is a good amount. It puts us 1 step closer each time. Everyone keep the the good work. in this case it not the amount you get it is the fact we are doing what we can to raise awareness and support.

Muskee
Tracy

Offline joe10

• IceShanty Rookie
  • help! he is bringn me down!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 01, 2006, 05:55 PM »
yep. i agree with you muskee
POUND EM

Offline Boatless

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 06, 2006, 12:20 PM »
Last year was my first time at the marathon. I plan on going again this year for sure. It was a blast last year and I met some very nice folks.

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 11, 2006, 05:19 PM »
Please visit our official website.......www.wall eyewarriormarathon.com    The online registration forms for the upcoming event  are now available . Click on "What's New" for all the information.Thank you  to the moderaters here for allowing this link to be posted.

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Dec 19, 2006, 09:49 AM »
I just fax in my registration last night, I really am hopeing that I will get my pledge sheets b4 the weekend (hit up some family) ;D

Offline Boatless

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 19, 2006, 11:07 AM »
I just fax in my registration last night, I really am hopeing that I will get my pledge sheets b4 the weekend (hit up some family) ;D

I'm a bit doubtful that it will come before the holiday weekend. I faxed mine in early last week and I'm still yet to recieve it. I'd still hit up my family this weekend if I don't have the pledge sheet. At least it's family and they'll know it's legit!

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 19, 2006, 02:45 PM »
I'm a bit doubtful that it will come before the holiday weekend. I faxed mine in early last week and I'm still yet to recieve it. I'd still hit up my family this weekend if I don't have the pledge sheet. At least it's family and they'll know it's legit!

My Dad just died in June of cancer, so the sympothy is still fresh.

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2006, 09:40 AM »
I have just recieved a copy of Cancercare Manitoba annual report. In it is a very flattering article about the marathon and its success. It is an honour to be part of this and all the anglers,businesses and individuals who supported this event should give themselves a round of applause and a pat on the back. Congratulations  :)

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #24 on: Dec 20, 2006, 06:13 PM »
Glen is way too fast for me. Have visited several forums and the info has already been posted!!!!!!! Thanks to the hard work and dedication of Glen and the many others involved the Marathon will continue to be a major success.

grumpymoe

« Reply #25 on: Dec 20, 2006, 06:32 PM »
Glen is way too fast for me. Have visited several forums and the info has already been posted!!!!!!! Thanks to the hard work and dedication of Glen and the many others involved the Marathon will continue to be a major success.
...kudos Glen...but don't pat him too hard on the back Andy....he might come back as a hyper mod! lmao....Grump  ;)

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #26 on: Dec 20, 2006, 08:24 PM »
...kudos Glen...but don't pat him too hard on the back Andy....he might come back as a hyper mod! lmao....Grump  ;)
   Glen has moderated a forum for over 14 months.

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2006, 10:37 PM »
Been there done that ;D

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 08, 2007, 12:55 AM »
Not quite sure if I can attend this year but I will raise a few $$$$$$$ for sure for my donation. Mind you...I never really fished the last two times but had a heck of a time both derbies. I woke up last year at 4PM Sunday and my daughter saying "Dad, there is a Palm Tree sticking out of your trunk!!" It was really tough dragging that thing in the house. Later...I realized it folded up !!!!  :D :D :D :D
24hr Derby is not for pussies....just for people that like to have fun, at 4 am  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline lilchief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 08, 2007, 10:30 PM »
Ac!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you gotta go cuz the derby wouldn't be there same without yah there man!!!!!......lilchief ;D ;D ;D
Matt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.