The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Flashers/Fishfinders  (Read 479 times)

Offline DMANWITHTILT

• IceShanty Rookie
Flashers/Fishfinders
« on: Jan 15, 2010, 06:21 PM »
A friend and I are thinking of getting a flasher/fishfinder for ice fishing (of course). He wants a Vexilar FL-18. I did some research, and there is the newer Vexilar FL-20, and I also saw there are models made by Marcum and Hummingbird. Any advice guys? Thanks!

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Flashers/Fishfinders
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2010, 06:31 PM »
The zoom is awesome.  Get an adjustable zoom if you can.  Don't worry about the fancy tackle box garbage, you already have jig boxes or you can get them way cheaper than the 'upgrade' if you don't.

I'm not sure what the different models have for features, but if you're going more than the bottom shelf model, get the adjustable zoom.

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline highvoltagejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:22 AM »
The zoom is awesome.  Get an adjustable zoom if you can.  Don't worry about the fancy tackle box garbage, you already have jig boxes or you can get them way cheaper than the 'upgrade' if you don't.

I'm not sure what the different models have for features, but if you're going more than the bottom shelf model, get the adjustable zoom.

I use the Marcum LX-3 and love it.  It works so good that our 7 year old and the 10 year old both want their own!  Very easy to use, holds a charge for the whole day, and the transducer on the arm is nice; just pick up the unit and go to the next hole.  I bought mine at Bass Pro because nobody had the    LX-5 instock or online.  Had 10 guys watching me catch perch last week and they never got a bite. Now they all are convinced.

Offline Team Bud Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Pretty Good At Drinking Beers
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2010, 10:56 AM »
I HAVE THE HUMMING BIRD 190C PORTABLE FISH FINDER/ DEPTH FINDER WITH THE ICE TRANSDUCER IT WORKS THE BALLS EASY TO US AND READ....

Offline Troutlife

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Salmonids rule
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2010, 12:34 PM »
I have an fl-8se Genz pack. lovin it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.