Author Topic: Opening day on the ice??  (Read 4173 times)

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
Re: Opening day on the ice??
« Reply #30 on: Apr 26, 2013, 06:11 PM »
I was past Blackstrap today...open water by the causeway stretching out at least 100 yards both directions.  Ice further down is starting to look rotten.  I would not be heading out there opening day that is for sure.

Offline Cochise66

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Apr 29, 2013, 09:37 AM »
I am planning a 4 day trip to fish Diefenbaker May 10th (boat not ice).  We are coming up from Montana.  I am hoping the ice is off the lake.  Is the ice starting coming off now ? Hitchcock Bay is our destination.  Opinions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline jgmerz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Apr 29, 2013, 09:43 AM »
I was down to the river, west of dief yesterday.  No ice that I could see.  With the water flowing the way it is I don't think it will be long before the lake breaks up.  I'm gonna go down opening day and check the lake out.

Offline Walleyerus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Apr 29, 2013, 05:56 PM »
 :unsure: Lake not looking good,to much Current. and real iffy with all this water moving Not worth it in my books.

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2013, 09:02 PM »
On Tuesday went all the way up to paradise hills.  Blackstrap was still solid except a small corner in the south east.  The river over stoon was wide open which is to be expected   jackfish lake was also completely locked from what I seen.  So as it sits I think I will be on hard water on sunday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.