Author Topic: Interesting  (Read 4894 times)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Interesting
« on: Oct 23, 2019, 07:13 PM »
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Interesting
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2019, 07:28 PM »
It has to be a joke site. I would like to see him hauling a sledfull of stuff or a flip-up.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2019, 07:31 PM »
It's definitely real. It a started as a neat invention there was a video that made its way around Facebook and YouTube of the original.  Guy took the idea, over did it, and is now trying to sell them for way too much money.  He's been advertising on Facebook groups lately

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2019, 07:34 PM »
Yeah i saw that on Michigan out of doors I believe.way to pricey for what it is.base model with no jiffy auger motor over a 1000$.nope..

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2019, 04:15 AM »
It's definitely real. It a started as a neat invention there was a video that made its way around Facebook and YouTube of the original.  Guy took the idea, over did it, and is now trying to sell them for way too much money.  He's been advertising on Facebook groups lately

Yup. If you share and tag on FB, you are put in a drawing to win it...so it says. Figured "if" I did win it, sell it for half price and be $1000 ahead. I sure don't need...or want the thing. Just another gadget imo.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2019, 10:36 AM »
I'd buy a riding mower and remove the mower for winter and put it back on for summer. ;)

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2019, 11:07 AM »
I'd buy a riding mower and remove the mower for winter and put it back on for summer. ;)

One of the CT guys did that a few years ago. He set it up like a lawnmower racer for speed, with big studded tires. Worked OK for what it was.

I don't see myself removing the auger from the head and replacing it on the ice so I can drive around. On a really cold day that would be no bueno.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2019, 12:02 PM »
I'd just drive the lawn tractor/snowblower down to the lake and blow a path to where ever I want to go  :P
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2019, 12:34 PM »
I'd just drive the lawn tractor/snowblower down to the lake and blow a path to where ever I want to go  :P

:thumbsup:

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2019, 01:12 PM »
And with chains on the tractor, you can also pull the sled and flip-over.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2019, 01:44 PM »

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2019, 08:10 AM »
as low as it is that wouldn't do well in snow covered ice. May have been an innovative idea for that proud backyard garage inventor but I don't believe it will translate well to the masses of ice fisherman. Good luck to the inventor and hopefully he will do well.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2019, 08:27 AM »
After careful consideration (and looking at my Milwaukee fuel) I do see an upside with this approach - it provides a path to actually use the gas augers that are gathering dust in garages as they become obsolete.  ;D
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2019, 01:46 PM »
After careful consideration (and looking at my Milwaukee fuel) I do see an upside with this approach - it provides a path to actually use the gas augers that are gathering dust in garages as they become obsolete.  ;D

That's what I was thinking! The fact that my beautiful, 10", Techumseh powered Jiffy in perfect shape didn't sell for $150 even with an engine cover and a brand new set of spare blades makes me more willing to keep it than sell it. For what, I did not know until now!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 26, 2019, 08:56 AM »
for $1,200-$1,500 I could buy a very decent used quad and drag my stuff all over the place and have fun in the summer as well. It would be cool if he posted plans for DIY'ers who might like the tinkering and sell kits for guys that can't find parts or do the welding but might want to tinker some also or completed machines for the guys that might want them complete. But it really is too pricy for what it is.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 26, 2019, 10:08 AM »
Colorado doesn't allow motorized ice travel on most of our lakes unless the operator is certified handicapped. At my age (70) I'm sort of in between, only half dead. I can do the hike,

even at 10,000' elevation but dragging a Jet sled or even a Smitty lightly loaded is no longer an option. Sure don't want to go back to a hand auger and a bucket to sit on unless

that's my  only option. Found a used Radio Flyer ATW wagon that I'll try rolling out there as long as it's glare or wind blown ice.  After a couple of inches of snow I'll be doing the

short haul bucket act, like it or not. What I think I need is a sort of walk-beside tractor like a roto tiller and powered by a lithium battery. Anybody invented that yet?
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 26, 2019, 10:48 AM »
you need the Electric SnowDog.

AMAZING!!

Veritas Odium Parit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.